(Topic ID: 79680)

Just had a pretty bad shipping experience with UPS...

By tamoore

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

TL/DR recap: Sometimes, UPS is great. Some regional UPS branches might suck hardcore....

Full length story:
    Great buyer, completed the transaction easily via paypal.

I got the package ready, shrink wrapped the contents, made sure everything was secure and got it to my buddies place of business for him to ship out on his UPS account.

He got a quote online and scheduled a pickup. Had the weight and size of the package accurately marked, and UPS adjusted the price based on the weight (over weight) and size (over size). It was just over $200 to ship.

First hiccup - UPS driver refused to pick it up on Monday. Not because the driver didn't have have room, but because he claimed it was 'too big' to ship via UPS.

After some debate, it got put on the outgoing truck the next day.

Package made it from MI to MA without a problem.

On the truck, out for delivery at 8:00 AM Monday morning.

Purchaser took the day off work Monday to await the package.

At 4:11 I got a notice: "Attempt was made to deliver, no adult available to sign. Will attempt delivery tomorrow".

I get a PM from the purchaser saying that he had been home all day, was home at 4:11, and no truck came to his home. Explains that this often happens for UPS for his densely populated area. WTF?

Purchaser requests that I change the delivery to 'pickup' at the UPS depot, but I can't, as I'm not the shipper, and I can't contact the shipper as it's after hours.

The next morning it's out for delivery at 6:00 AM. Purchaser stays home from work a second day..

At around 5:30, I get an alert from UPS that a request has been made by the addressee to change the delivery day, and the delivery would be made the next day.

I get a PM from the purchaser telling me that he made no such request, and he's not going to wait around another day home from work for the UPS clowns to get their crap together. He suggests that he's going to let the package be returned to me and get a refund if we can't get the package to him.

So, I look up the information for the local UPS depot, so I can call to find out WTF is going on...

I get hold of a guy named Steve.... We get the tracking number stuff out of the way, and I tell him the story. He says "We don't just make this stuff up. When it says we got a request for delivery change, that's what happened." I can tell he's lying. I actually tell him he had better make every attempt to get the package to where it needed to go, or I would have to climb the ladder to expose where the fraud was originating. So he tells me... "The driver is still in the area, and he will attempt to deliver the package tonight."

At 7:30, the package did get delivered and signed for. Totally stressful for something that should have gone really smooth.

During an online search, I came across this Yelp. Apparently, there are some really, really bad UPS places. This is the one that was in charge of delivering my purchasers package.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ups-customer-center-somerville

So as a recap, I've never had a problem with my local UPS branch, so I figured they were all pretty good. Not so. If you're planning on using them to send a large and valuable package, maybe a bit of research is in order.

#2 5 years ago

Thanks tamoore for sharing your pin shipping story and helpful suggestions.

After reading thread title, and before reading your initial post, I was worried it was going to be another story of a damaged machine. Glad that wasn't the case here.

Well written too.
    Grammar Police can't bag on that write-up without appearing to be a pencilneck geek.

#3 5 years ago

This happened to me when I got my first 2 pins shipped from a pinsider through NAVL (some time last April).

I refused to take another day off work, and told them to just let me pick them up at the station, and they said they would deliver them that night (6-7 PM).

To make matters worse, they unpalletized them, and had attempted to consolidate them to one pallet without strapping them down. They opened the back of the truck and none of them were on the pallet. One was on its side on the floor of the truck.

Same story, a total runaround. I had called 4 times to make sure they were delivering it that day, but it didn't matter. It took me months to get half of the insurance I had paid for. I probably lost a few years of my life due to that stress. I made a 10 page report with detailed before and after pictures showing all the damage due entirely to their negligence.

Shipping can be a drag unless it's depot to depot. If I ever do it again, I'm going with STI.

#4 5 years ago

Yea, UPS said they tried to deliver a package to my house in the SE during the snow storm we had recently but nobody was home to sign for the package which was total baloney since I was home all day. A few days later (after the snow crisis was over) they leave the package in my mailbox. Really... can't leave it the first day but leave it in my mailbox the next day without a signature....

UPS used to be the rock of delivery services, now I like to post office better. At least they don't give you made up delivery statuses. The post office doesn't always have the most up to date status but at least they are reliable and deliver on Saturday to boot!

#5 5 years ago

That really sucks but I have to add, your purchaser was a bit lazy. He could have called to arrange for pick-up at the UPS hub vs telling you to do it. I've done that dozens of times when I get home to see the slip and it's something I needed that day. I call them up and they pull it when the driver shows back up. If the driver is late getting back you may be waiting a while but you still get to pick it up.

I think the purchaser may have been some of the problem here too. No doubt UPS sucks sometimes though.

#6 5 years ago

Buyer told me that the box was beat to death - but the contents appeared to be fine.. so that's great news.

Apparently, even when I was told that the package would be delivered last night... He called them and instructed them to leave it at the depot, and he would come pick it up (which he did).

#7 5 years ago

I watched the UPS guy toss my package on the porch, then ring the doorbell. When I started to open the door immediately (because I saw him pull up), he quickly picked up the box and handed it to me. It was a laptop computer. Fortunately it was packaged really well. I used to like UPS.

#8 5 years ago

My brother used to work at our local UPS distribution center and he and I have 5 or 6 friends that work there. The attitude of those workers is horrendous. They treat every single package like total crap - throwing them, beating on them, kicking them and if they see one that says "fragile" on it, they make extra effort to destroy the contents. And of course they are freaking "union guys" so they can't get fired and they take advantage of that. It is a horrible situation where these guys have zero respect for their product or their customers. I hate UPS and avoid using them as often as possible. I am in the IT business and we have received desktop PCs that were beaten, thrown and kicked so bad that the expansion cards were dislodged from the motherboard even when they had screws holding them to the chasis.

Stay away from UPS!

#9 5 years ago

Ha join the club. I hate ups and will never accept shipments from them again! They caused me and Zdoor so much greif. Maybe Zdoor will chime in on the terrible experience but it was horrible. NEVER SHIP UPS!!!

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

My brother used to work at our local UPS distribution center and he and I have 5 or 6 friends that work there. The attitude of those workers is horrendous. They treat every single package like total crap - throwing them, beating on them, kicking them and if they see one that says "fragile" on it, they make extra effort to destroy the contents.

Kind of like this?

#11 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing, I've had similar things happen to me too..

#12 5 years ago

My local UPS is incredibly awesome. I have the cel phone number of the driver. Employees know me by name when I drop off after hours. Always willing to help me when I need it.

I think it is just certain regions.

#13 5 years ago

Sorry man. Mod read my mind.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Kind of like this?

Exactly! I didn't know that movie was based on true stories

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

My local UPS is incredibly awesome. I have the cel phone number of the driver. Employees know me by name when I drop off after hours. Always willing to help me when I need it.
    I think it is just certain regions.

Must be. My UPS stuff always comes in good shape and the drivers are super nice. Fed-X and USPS are another story where I live though. It's a50/50 shot if I get a package to me via USPS. Fortunately it normally winds up in a neighbors box or door step but still frustrating.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Must be. My UPS stuff always comes in good shape and the drivers are super nice. Fed-X and USPS are another story where I live though. It's a50/50 shot if I get a package to me via USPS. Fortunately it normally winds up in a neighbors box or door step but still frustrating.

50/50? Really??

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jakenjoi:

This happened to me when I got my first 2 pins shipped from a pinsider through NAVL (some time last April).
    I refused to take another day off work, and told them to just let me pick them up at the station, and they said they would deliver them that night (6-7 PM).
    To make matters worse, they unpalletized them, and had attempted to consolidate them to one pallet without strapping them down. They opened the back of the truck and none of them were on the pallet. One was on its side on the floor of the truck.
    Same story, a total runaround. I had called 4 times to make sure they were delivering it that day, but it didn't matter. It took me months to get half of the insurance I had paid for. I probably lost a few years of my life due to that stress. I made a 10 page report with detailed before and after pictures showing all the damage due entirely to their negligence.
    Shipping can be a drag unless it's depot to depot. If I ever do it again, I'm going with STI.

STI is an Agent for Navl.. SO its still going through Navl is my understanding.

JJ

#18 5 years ago

Damn skippy. I have 2 vendors already that have me on a do not deliver USPS list. I've complained with the post master locally as my neighbors do. Mail, deliveries, etc are always getting messed up.

We have one of those community boxes and I think they get mixed up on who's box is who. No clue but it's frustrating.

#19 5 years ago

I ship a lot of packages, usually usps. The place I drop it off is pretty good. At least they are consistant with the prices. They are also not my local usps, because my local sucks. I get the wrong mail at least once every other week. I've had lost packages and when you go to ask about them, you get the "i'll look for it and call you" BS. It says right on tracking it was received here, how hard could it be to locate it in this building? Absolutely no pride, professionalism, or sense of urgency in my local usps.
    I just mailed some breakables with UPS. I'm waiting to see how they do. I think UPS and Fed ex have a flaw in their system. They load up the trucks and the driver delivers them as quick as possible, quality or care usually comes behind "as quickly as possible". Quick means tossing it on your porch or over a fence some times. Some drivers are very professional and do the job correctly. Others try and get home asap. Forget about labeling anything fragile. Most think its a big joke and go out of their way to be anything but carefull.
    I used to belong to a beer of the month club. Without fail, my packages were opened and always a few bottles missing. The club would send replacements, but it happened so often, they would joke about it on the phone. Price of doing business. Naturally the price is passed on to customers.
    Thats my rant for the day.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

Yeah I'm not sure. I called NAVL and they forwarded me to Allied Van Lines, but they outsourced the actual delivery to my home to a different moving company. Big mess. The movers/truck were neither NAVL, STI or Allied Van Lines though.

I called STI on quotes directly and their prices are much more reasonable than the ones I had gotten. If it weren't for people echoing NAVL on the forum, I wouldn't have tried them.

Every other depot shipped machine has fared fine though.

#21 5 years ago

I've been self employed for 31 years. I've used UPS many times over those years. Many packages travel less than 100 miles to get to me but look like they traveled thru a war zone before reaching me. Its not the drivers, its the handlers at the dist. centers. My conclusion is that UPS, although necessary in delivering packages to companies/individuals, should not be a first choice as a shipping agent.

#22 5 years ago

UPS used to throw my business boxes onto the porch. We're talking 30 pound boxes full of liquids that would then leak out all over the porch and destroy anything else in the box. One day they actually took the box back with them after dropping it from waist-level and leaving a trail of liquids off the porch and through the yard. (I saw this from the window but couldn't make it outside before he'd quickly disappeared.)

I installed a couple of fake security cameras on my front porch and stuck a huge red "24/7 video recording" sticker on the side of my door. Now my boxes are still in one piece, but they now place them at the very edge of the porch where they'll still get rain/sun on them (instead of on the 8 foot wide porch or near the door.)

#23 5 years ago

I mailed a package at the post office last week, and the person I handed it to literally tossed it about 10 feet behind them on to a pile of other packages. They did this right in front of me. Needless to say, I was absolutely stunned!

#24 5 years ago

Hate to rain on your guys UPS hate parade but arent most of these problems solved if OP just pays the extra $$$ and sends it out on his own account and/or just drops the shipment off directly at a UPS depot rather than his buddies business?

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from dt3:

Hate to rain on your guys UPS hate parade but arent most of these problems solved if OP just pays the extra $$$ and sends it out on his own account and/or just drops the shipment off directly at a UPS depot rather than his buddies business?

No. Can you read?

#26 5 years ago

I can.

I can read about how you went out of your way to drop it off at your buddies place rather than the UPS depot and how that led to confusion during the package pickup.

I can read about how you wanted to make changes to the delivery (leaving it at the delivery center instead of redelivering) but you couldnt because you werent the shipper.

If you were the shipper and could make that change isnt that the end of the whole ordeal right there? Guy picks up his package and there really isnt much to the story other than the initial pickup/size confusion.

"If you're planning on using them to send a large and valuable package, maybe a bit of research is in order."

Your words. Thats all I am trying to say. My first two pieces of advice to someone researching to send a large, valuable, oversized package...

- Dont leave it for the UPS guy to pick up on his regular route. Its going to be tossed around all day as he does his normal deliveries. Drive it directly to the UPS depot where you can get it checked in and make sure its accepted.
    - Dont try and save a few bucks at the cost of not having complete control over its tracking/shipping

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

During an online search, I came across this Yelp. Apparently, there are some really, really bad UPS places. This is the one that was in charge of delivering my purchasers package.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ups-customer-center-somerville

Is anyone surprised its nothing but bad reviews. When is the last time anyone went out of there way to leave a positive yelp review for a local UPS depot??

Im not here to say that UPS is perfect, no one is going to say that. Just that most of these issues were very easily preventable with the slightest bit of forethought.

#28 5 years ago

Had an issue where the package they had delivered to me looked like it fell off the truck. The box was nearly destroyed and some of the contents damaged. Despite all the proof with pictures of before and after and it being well packaged and marked fragile UPS absolutely refused to pay out the insurance claim. The seller was good about the whole situation and refunded me some money (I was able to repair/replace the components that were damaged on the circuit boards - at least the boards were not cracked).

I usually never use UPS because of their lame brokerage fees, and after this, I know the seller isn't using them anymore either.

FedEx and USPS seems to be much more responsible with my dealings with them - not once has any of my packages showed up with even the slightest amount of damage and I buy a lot of stuff online (way cheaper than what I can get here in Canada, not counting the stuff I can't buy here).

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

Quoted from Jakenjoi:

Yeah I'm not sure. I called NAVL and they forwarded me to Allied Van Lines, but they outsourced the actual delivery to my home to a different moving company. Big mess. The movers/truck were neither NAVL, STI or Allied Van Lines though.
    I called STI on quotes directly and their prices are much more reasonable than the ones I had gotten. If it weren't for people echoing NAVL on the forum, I wouldn't have tried them.
    Every other depot shipped machine has fared fine though.

Actually, I believe they are all agents for STI. I believe we all got used to saying it was NAVL, Beltman Moving actually, where Michelle Bianchi first worked.

Mike O.

#30 5 years ago

I use UPS, Fed Ex, & USPS on a regular basis. I have shipped packages from envelope size to back glasses without any damage issues. I guess I must just be lucky. The only issues I have are the differences in fee's that they charge. It seems that UPS used to be reasonable and Fed Ex basically followed suit with them, but lately it seems that UPS has turned stupid crazy on their shipping charge. They seem to be double or triple what the post office is and a day or two longer. Just had something shipped to me this week. I ordered it on Friday the 7th. It arrived on Monday the 10th via USPS for $5.50. UPS wanted $17.25 and another day to do it. Maybe the postal service is just that hard up for business?

#31 5 years ago

My solution to receiving packages is to have them ship to my work. That way there is always someone there to receive them, even if I am not. I know some don't have that luxury.

Mike O.

#32 5 years ago

I wish that I had seen this thread last week. I shipped a CV neon via UPS to Maine inside of tissue inside of the CV ramp screwed closed inside of bubble wrap inside of a golf club box. The box was marked fragile glass about 12 times. It arrived snapped in half.

#33 5 years ago

The point that MUST be evading you, then, is that the UPS depot at the buyers location lied TWICE, and probably three times if you count the one they told me while I was on the phone with them. They never attempted a drop off once, and they never had anyone contact them to reschedule a drop off at a later date, and the package wasn't still on the truck to be dropped off later that night, as the buyer had to go to the UPS depot eventually to retrieve the package. This UPS depot seems to have a problem with the truth. That is the point.

While I'm sure you can read, the basic point this thread is making seem to be lost on you.

Other that the dude not wanting to take the package, and then taking it, everything ran pretty smooth on my end. My UPS depot is 40 miles north of me, and not a place I get to normally.

Best regards.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

UPS wanted $17.25 and another day to do it. Maybe the postal service is just that hard up for business?

USPS has lost over $38.4 billion over the last 5 years.

That's billion with a 'B'.

Keep in mind they function as a quasi- federal agency, exempt from paying federal taxes while enjoying a legal monopoly on the delivery of domestic mail. The monopoly is estimated to be worth $45 billion annually.

It takes a special kind of talent to lose nearly $250 every second of every day over a 5 year period.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

USPS has lost over $38.4 billion over the last 5 years.
    That's billion with a 'B'.
    Keep in mind they function as a quasi- federal agency, exempt from paying federal taxes while enjoying a legal Monopoly on the delivery of domestic mail. The Monopoly is estimated to be worth $45 billion annually.
    It takes a special kind of talent to lose nearly $250 every second of every day over a 5 year period.

Or, it takes congress to pass a bill that makes it mandatory for the USPS to fund entirely the retirement funds of every US postal worker for the next 75 years. (Even ones who aren't born yet).

#36 5 years ago

The congressional bill tags USPS to pay $5.5 billion per year. That equates to a 12.2% effective tax rate. Any fiscally adept business would gladly swap their current federal tax rate for 12.2%.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

The congressional bill tags USPS to pay $5.5 billion per year. That equates to a 12.2% effective tax rate. Any fiscally adept business would gladly swap their current federal tax rate for 12.2%.

Yes... but you also have to consider that the USPS doesn't get to choose only the deliveries that are profitable. They are supposed to attempt delivery to every address.

The deliveries that UPS, DHL, etc can't be bothered with are dropped off at USPS to deliver. (For a cheaper rate by the way).

They can't cherry pick their deliveries. Hence, I don't have an issue with them not paying a federal business tax.
    I'm not sure what all this has to do with what the OP was saying though. A bit off topic.... sorry.

#38 5 years ago

Shipping backglasses is always a crapshoot, but I took a chance (twice!!...shame on me) and received my Air Aces BG and BOPP BG in pieces...both totally trashed by UPS...they were insured and I got my money back, but to see these pristine Mad Dog glasses get destroyed was really sad...

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hogey:

.both totally trashed by UPS.

Let me guess....both said "FRAGILE" on the box.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Let me guess....both said "FRAGILE" on the box.

Putting the word FRAGILE on a box has no magical properties. You are not casting a spell of protection with elvish runes. It has the same effect on the contents as those little yellow plastic Baby On Boards signs have in a car crash.

Your are shipping using a common carrier. Your package is not lovingly carried by a single employee from pickup to delivery. Depending on the carrier, a single package is handled by dozens of hands, conveyor belts and various methods of automated material handling equipment.

Most carriers provide information regarding proper packaging techniques. If you're not meeting these guidelines and are experiencing damages, change your packaging or continue to be frustrated with the results.

USPS: http://about.usps.com/news/state-releases/va/2013/va_2013_1206.htm
    FedEx: http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guide/our-services/package-shipment/
    UPS: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/how_to.html
    DHL: http://www.dhl.com/en/express/shipping/shipping_advice/packaging_advice.html

Damages can and will occur. Proper packaging will reduce the frequency and severity.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

My brother used to work at our local UPS distribution center and he and I have 5 or 6 friends that work there. The attitude of those workers is horrendous. They treat every single package like total crap - throwing them, beating on them, kicking them and if they see one that says "fragile" on it, they make extra effort to destroy the contents. And of course they are freaking "union guys" so they can't get fired and they take advantage of that. It is a horrible situation where these guys have zero respect for their product or their customers. I hate UPS and avoid using them as often as possible. I am in the IT business and we have received desktop PCs that were beaten, thrown and kicked so bad that the expansion cards were dislodged from the motherboard even when they had screws holding them to the chasis.
    Stay away from UPS!

I worked for FedEx Ground (formerly RPS) as a package handler all through college. I would say that putting the word "Fragile" on a box once or twice usually had no affect on how the box is handled, since that is the norm for pretty much every package. However if someone put the word "Fragile" on the box a ton of times, especially hand-written, they were just putting a bullseye on it and begging for it to be beat to hell. Those workers handle from several hundred to a few thousand packages a night and none of those packages are special unless there's something about it that annoys them.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricR:

I worked for FedEx Ground (formerly RPS) as a package handler all through college. I would say that putting the word "Fragile" on a box once or twice usually had no affect on how the box is handled, since that is the norm for pretty much every package. However if someone put the word "Fragile" on the box a ton of times, especially hand-written, they were just putting a bullseye on it and begging for it to be beat to hell. Those workers handle from several hundred to a few thousand packages a night and none of those packages are special unless there's something about it that annoys them.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I believe that prior generations had a lot more pride in their work and more consideration for the property of their fellow man. This world is getting worse every day and the good ole USA is going downhill very quickly.

#43 5 years ago

I have said this on many threads and I am glad that I get to drag their name through the mud once again. UPS sucks. There was one year where my sister bought an eclectric dirt bike for her son for Christmas. She wanted to surprise him so she sent it to my elderly parents house. There was some info on the package about the shipping location and the person who paid the shipping. (My brother in law Anthony.) The UPS driver brought it in the house for my parents and left. A short while later, a man claiming to be "Tony's friend" said he was there to pick up the motorcyle and bring it to my sister to have it wrapped. He even told my parents he knew where it was in the house and he could get it himself. My Mom and Dad thought it was legit, so they let him take it. There were 3 people who knew where it was when it was delivered. My parents and the piece of sh*t scumbag ups driver who tipped off a thief to enter the house of a couple of old people and steal a child's Christmas present. I went after ups with all guns blazing and got the police involved. Turns out that the driver had questionable integrity and it would seem like this had happed before on his route. Do not know the outcome but I wish that I could have personally gotten my hands on him. Not an indication that the whole company is corrupt, but after I have had numerous packages destroyed by them I have lost all faith in them and I will not buy anything if it is going to be shipped by that company. I will only use them if it is a last resort. I am sorry that this happened to you tamoore but I am not surprised.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I have said this on many threads and I am glad that I get to drag their name through the mud once again. UPS sucks. There was one year where my sister bought an eclectric dirt bike for her son for Christmas. She wanted to surprise him so she sent it to my elderly parents house. There was some info on the package about the shipping location and the person who paid the shipping. (My brother in law Anthony.) The UPS driver brought it in the house for my parents and left. A short while later, a man claiming to be "Tony's friend" said he was there to pick up the motorcyle and bring it to my sister to have it wrapped. He even told my parents he knew where it was in the house and he could get it himself. My Mom and Dad thought it was legit, so they let him take it. There were 3 people who knew where it was when it was delivered. My parents and the piece of sh*t scumbag ups driver who tipped off a thief to enter the house of a couple of old people and steal a child's Christmas present. I went after ups with all guns blazing and got the police involved. Turns out that the driver had questionable integrity and it would seem like this had happed before on his route. Do not know the outcome but I wish that I could have personally gotten my hands on him. Not an indication that the whole company is corrupt, but after I have had numerous packages destroyed by them I have lost all faith in them and I will not buy anything if it is going to be shipped by that company. I will only use them if it is a last resort. I am sorry that this happened to you tamoore but I am not surprised.

Same here. If I find out a vender I have purchased from is shipping UPS I will request them to ship with another carrier or ask for a refund immediately! I will NEVER ship UPS again!

#45 5 years ago

here's something that everyone needs to consider when shipping something via UPS and probably very few are aware of. declaring the value on an item and paying that additional amount is not necessarily insurance. it's mainly an income producing tactic. if you ship something and the buyer files a claim due to damage, UPS will inspect the packaging to determine if you packed the item to their standards. if not, you will be reimbursing the seller, not UPS. there's a page on their site which lists all the specifications for type of packing tape required, cardboard strength, space between object and box, etc. it leaves UPS a huge loophole to deny paying a claim so be warned. also, if you're shipping electronics/fragile items you need to mention that on the shipping label and pack accordingly. a way around this is to have UPS do the packing but that is another expense...

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Or, it takes congress to pass a bill that makes it mandatory for the USPS to fund entirely the retirement funds of every US postal worker for the next 75 years. (Even ones who aren't born yet).

Aka: ponzi scheme.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tanner:

I watched the UPS guy toss my package on the porch, then ring the doorbell. When I started to open the door immediately (because I saw him pull up), he quickly picked up the box and handed it to me. It was a laptop computer. Fortunately it was packaged really well. I used to like UPS.

Don't fault all of UPS for a few bad employees.

Our daily UPS driver we see at work is awesome. He goes above and beyond to take care of us frequently.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I have said this on many threads and I am glad that I get to drag their name through the mud once again. UPS sucks. There was one year where my sister bought an eclectric dirt bike for her son for Christmas. She wanted to surprise him so she sent it to my elderly parents house. There was some info on the package about the shipping location and the person who paid the shipping. (My brother in law Anthony.) The UPS driver brought it in the house for my parents and left. A short while later, a man claiming to be "Tony's friend" said he was there to pick up the motorcyle and bring it to my sister to have it wrapped. He even told my parents he knew where it was in the house and he could get it himself. My Mom and Dad thought it was legit, so they let him take it. There were 3 people who knew where it was when it was delivered. My parents and the piece of sh*t scumbag ups driver who tipped off a thief to enter the house of a couple of old people and steal a child's Christmas present.

Old people always use cordless phones and people in the neighborhood simply listen in for entertainment on their scanners.

Way more than 3 people knew about that gift.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 208.87
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    Playfield - Protection
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    £ 20.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside