(Topic ID: 111424)

Just had a pin in my house for a year for the first time!

By jrivelli

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jrivelli
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do most of your pins stay with you for more than a year?”

• Yes - I love them long time! 47 votes
    81%
  • No - Pump and Dump these babies for the next title! 11 votes
    19%

(58 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

I've been dabbling in the pinball world for about 4-5 years now, but finally kept one for a full year as of a few days ago. It's my Medieval Madness. A lot has stemmed from my wife really liking it, but its also a fun game and I got it at a decent price and everyone who comes by loves playing it the most by far. I had a TOTAN for about 9 months, but sadly it didn't make it.

I had the backbox folded down on it one day when she got home so I could get a measurement for something and she was legit upset it was leaving. So, I played that one up for a while, ha!

I know some of you guys have had most of your pins for 10 years or some crazy amount of time, but if a pin lasts 6 months here that's a "long time" for me lol! For me I have space currently for 2 in my house since i put in racers and a skeeball. I can put 3 in my workshop, but thats no fun to not play in the house. At one point I had 5 inside and those stayed a pinch longer on average.

Do many of your pins make it over a year?

#2 9 years ago

I have had AC/DC and GnR for over a year now, and I don't have any plans to get rid of them. I owned STTNG for around 2 years. Metallica will definitely be here more than a year. Still not sure about No Fear and RFM.

#3 9 years ago

I have had Indy (Stern), South Park and Tron for over a year and I don't think they are ever leaving.

I recently got METLE, and I can't see that one leaving either.

I would switch out my TSPP, but my kids love it so it stays!

#4 9 years ago

I've had CV since 1998
POTC, TS, FGY lasted less than a year

Have added
AC/DC Luci, which will stay more than a year
MET Pro...loving it, but only had 2 months
IMVE...loving it too, but only had 2 months

#5 9 years ago

I wish I could have one that worked for a year.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

04/17/2011 - Congo
08/13/2011 - Indianapolis 500
10/07/2011 - Red & Ted's Roadshow
03/10/2012 - Theatre of Magic
07/28/2012 - Tales of the Arabian Nights
07/26/2013 - Johnny Mnemonic #2
09/20/2013 - The Shadow #2
12/29/2013 - The Addams Family
06/17/2014 - Medieval Madness
09/26/2014 - Judge Dredd #2
11/21/2014 - Creature from the Black Lagoon

Most of mine have lasted over a year and ones that come back second time around usually don't leave. I'm pretty confident with my 2014 purchases they will be staying a while too as I really enjoy playing them.

#7 9 years ago

Anywhere from a few months to eight years. Just depends on the title. I've been moving them a little quicker over the last couple years just to try more pins......but now it's starting to get harder to decide what could leave.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I wish I could have one that worked for a year.

To add to that Medieval hasn't gone down once in that year. I had to take off glass to clean/wax it a couple times and once the spotlight on the slingshot came loose and wasnt pointing where I wanted it to. I took the glass off another time to put in mirror blades and clean/wax then too.

#9 9 years ago

13 years (2001)
Scared Stiff

My gameroom is the black hole for pins. Pins come in but rarely ever leave. Last games I've sold were Flash in 2014; before that was a duplicate Fast Draw I had in 2006 (so 8 years between those sales).

#10 9 years ago

Made it/currently over a year:

Space Shuttle
Future Spa
Jackbot

Getting close:

Tron 6 months + 4 months
STTNG 4 months 1 week + 4 months
Metallica 10 months

Surprisingly short:

LOTR - 2 Months
Count-Down - Didn't even get to my HOUSE before it was sold.
Jet Spin - 90 days
F14 Tomcat - My records show 16 days, but that doesn't seem right.
Doctor Who - 5 weeks. Didn't get enough time but had offer that I could not refuse.

Lasted Longer than anyone would've ever expected:

Stern "Magic" - 7 months!

#11 9 years ago

For the longest time not a single game lasted a year in my house. Now after owning dozens of machines the ones that make it into my house/office tend to stay. Especially the ones I re-buy. WOZ will never leave, RFM/SWE1 will never leave unless I can get a nicer RFM playfield. MMR will never leave, so basically I only have 2 slots left that I can rotate.

#12 9 years ago

Currently finishing my garage so I can fit hopefully around 20 pins total. No reason to sell while I can still hoard. I don't even like T2 and I've had it for 2 years now.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I don't even like T2 and I've had it for 2 years now.

#14 9 years ago

For me it is about playability.

If I have a game in my collection that I don't want to play anymore... it's out. My problem is that I love playing pinball games WAY too much and unless the play falls flat on it's face (ie: gottlieb EM multiplayers from the 70's) or shows itself to be a real "lucky" game (ie: williams Klondike) I'm gonna keep it about and make sure that this game plays as it should. As long as the game has lots of game in it. I'm gonna play it!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

13 years (2001)
Scared Stiff
My gameroom is the black hole for pins. Pins come in but rarely ever leave. Last games I've sold were Flash in 2014; before that was a duplicate Fast Draw I had in 2006 (so 8 years between those sales).

I spose you don't get 40 years by letting them constanly leave

#16 9 years ago

AFM, METLE, and MB have all lasted a year or longer. Luci will make the club in Feb. CV will not leave anytime soon. TZ though....prob won't make it.

#17 9 years ago

Not too many have made the cut for over a year in my lineup, but here are the ones that have:

MB

AFM

MM

Tron LE

AC/DC

I expect the next title to hit the one year milestone in my collection will be IM.

#18 9 years ago

Having more games makes them last longer. A game can sit for a couple of months in my house without even being turned on. That may sound crazy, but it works well for me. I play the snot out of a game (maybe two games) for a few weeks. Then I just move on to a different one. So I'll play BSD to death, and by the time I get back to it again, it feels brand new to me. It is almost like getting a new game every couple of weeks.

Of course there are exceptions. My shortest game was here was two weeks. I think my longest is about 4 years (although Embryon has sort of reached its expiration date at 4 years, so that will be next out).

#19 9 years ago

GNR for 10 months is my longest so far. LOTR will likely be the first pin to hit 12 months in my collection.

Being a half decent player doesn't help longevity, I need massive rulesets and tons of depth to hold my interest.

#20 9 years ago

I'm constantly switching pins. I've been in the hobby less then a year and if you check my collection and past collection you can see how quick they rotate. Currently sitting at 11 pins and the only keepers right now are congo DM and metallica premium. Haven't played sttng or ij enough to know about those two yet.

#21 9 years ago

I've had my first pin for 21 years...Bounty Hunter...and not because I love it, but because it was the first.

300+ later, I'm still trying to figure out the best recipe, but I'm getting close. I don't have any plans to get rid of my Bally Star Trek or Twilight Zone. Would like to add a GNR, Taf and STTNG to the keepers club, eventually.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

You know how I am with my pins. My place is the pinmuda triangle. Once it's here, good luck getting it out. That TOTAN was a rare exception, and just cause you wanted it so badly.
Too bad it didn't make the cut, I miss that one. Oh well, someday when I have a bigger house I'll find another...

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

You know how I am with my pins. My place is the pinmuda triangle. Once it's here, good luck getting it out. That TOTAN was a rare exception, and just cause you wanted it so badly.
Too bad it didn't make the cut, I miss that one. Oh well, someday when I have a bigger house I'll find another...

So that TOTAN I made a trade for and then got a chance to buy one 2 months later and did so cause I really regretted getting rid of it. But then I had beaten it so many times it was gone again in about 4months ish.

If I come across one again Ill shoot it over your way

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

If I come across one again Ill shoot it over your way

Cool, and when that MM has done it's time, buzz me, but good luck getting that one back

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Cool, and when that MM has done it's time, buzz me, but good luck getting that one back

Ha! Chat with the wife on that one lol!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-had-a-pin-in-my-house-for-a-year-for-the-first-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.