(Topic ID: 226965)

Just had a bad experience with a seller from another site.

By tamoore

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6C5A7265-9FD6-45AB-9096-44EFB08B91F9 (resized).jpeg
    4574622 (resized).jpg
    facebook (resized).jpg
    greed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago

I have to say I've always had pretty good luck on Craigslist not sure why maybe it's just the part of the country I'm in or what but if I told someone that I'm coming to get the game they'll hold it for me till I get there with the cash

#18 5 years ago

I sold an item on Ebay and 1 month later the guy wanted his money back.

He said was out of the country and could not inspect the item sooner than that. Said item did not match description even though there were 12 close up pictures of all sides of item that showed all defects

So of course Ebay had me refund his $$. I since no longer sell on Ebay.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I guess this highlights just how good the people in this hobby are

I think that's a little harsh. I think most people in this hobby, even if they are not pinsiders, aren't always out to get you. I think I would have just waited to see if the other guy came thru and then went from there. Or maybe have your friend go buy it and then pay him back. (that's if he has the $$)

There is always other games and, unfortunately not everyone uses pinside to sell their games so sometimes you have to use other sites to find what you want.

Just the way it goes sometimes, keep looking you'll find the game you want. Might even get it at a better price

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

It wasn't intended as harsh. I thought I was clear....
    It was intended as "ALMOST EVERYONE IN THIS HOBBY IS AWESOME. IN 8 YEARS, ONE DICKHEAD!"
    See?

Sorry I took it the other way my apologies.

#32 5 years ago

Hey is it possible the seller confused you with another person that did offer $100 more?? He might have gotten more responses to the ad than just you?

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

people who understand how Facebook works.

I am not one of those people. Don't even have a Facebook page and never gonna get one.

Sorry you had a bad experience, though. Get all excited about getting an new game.... and then nothing. That sucks

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

This guy has multiple pins for sale

What game were you looking at if you don't mind me asking. Maybe someone here has one.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Then the following week the same pin was up for sale for 400 more.

Was it for sale by the same guy you were dealing with?

#68 5 years ago

I gotta chime in one more time. I have had good luck on CL. And will continue to buy from there, mostly because there is not much to choose from where I live. So beggars can't be choosers.

I have bought and sold all sorts of stuff there with no problems. Maybe I am just lucky or something. I do just deal in cash most the time. I have taken a down payment on Paypal to hold something with the understanding if they don't show or change their mind I refund as long as it does not cost me in the end.

I just did a deal 4 days ago on game on CL, and ended up instead of buying the game, we worked out a trade for a game I had and I got cash on top to boot. And he has another game I might buy at a later date . Everything went great. He even cover my gas to bring the game I had to him.

Everyone was happy!

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from slgerber:

I don't know, venting maybe????????????

I came here and venting about something and catch all sorts of crap for it. But it turned out to be a good thing cause another pinsider PM'd me and we worked out a deal where I just wanted one game but walked away with 2. Well actually 1 1/2 the other game was a project that I am currently working on. But it's all good!

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I'll think about removing that link

I didn't think you could have a Paypal account without a bank link

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm trying to figure out why it even matters. We've seen these a million times. Someone is annoyed at someone else because a deal didn't go through.
    Do we really need Senate hearings on this one?
    The sun will rise tomorrow still, my friend!

How sure are you that he did not sell it to you?? 100%

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's why Facebook sucks

Ouch!!

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Vid is really smart. But he doesn't know everything.

Oh Ouch again!!

Sorry couldn't resist

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I was compelled to make it even more confusing by someone who didn't understand the common English

#140 5 years ago

Wow! It just goes on and on.......

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Much smaller cash transactions are being recorded and reported to the government now

So if it goes from my hand, to yours, and then to someone elses, and so on and never see a bank for 5-6 transactions like that, how can they track it.

You all sound paranoid to me.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

Had the teller ask me casually what I was doing with the money when I withdrew $6,700 for a TAF last week. Didn't have the heart to tell her I was buying one pinball machine so I told her I am building a game room. She then asked what I did for a job and asked what games I was getting and even stated she was coming over to play skee ball if I ever got one.

If a teller asked me all those questions.... I'd tell her mind her own business, and then use a different bank

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-had-a-bad-experience-with-a-seller-off-pinside?tu=timab2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.