(Topic ID: 226965)

Just had a bad experience with a seller from another site.

By tamoore

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6C5A7265-9FD6-45AB-9096-44EFB08B91F9 (resized).jpeg
    4574622 (resized).jpg
    facebook (resized).jpg
    greed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groffdaddy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I had something much worse and worrisome once...and I always try to enlighten pin buds.
    Guy comes to my house to buy a game for $2,100 last year. Comes in, checks out the gameroom and other pins per usual...played a game on the one he was slated to buy. There for about 15 min going through the game with him. Hands me a bank envelope with the cash. Immediately and abruptly asks to use the bathroom, which is a slight distance away. Didn't really think anything of it...said he had a long drive in.
    He goes, I crack the envelope and start counting the loot. Only $1,700 in there. He comes back, and starts saying there was $2,100 in there when he gave it to me. I tell him there wasn't. He starts to argue about it, saying "I'm playing with him" and he's taking the game because I took the other $400 out. I hand him back the envelope, and tell him he's not taking the game for $1,700.
    The Mrs. and my young daughter were home, so I became slightly concerned. He argued for another 20 seconds, then I quickly said "You're in my house dude. I don't really know you. Why would I invite someone I don't know into my house for a transaction for a decent amount of money, and then pull some bullshit like this." He said I took his other $400 out one more time.
    At this point, I asked him to leave and said the game wasn't going anywhere. Just thinking to myself if this gets any weirder, I'm going to slap the shit out of this guy, drag him the hell out of my house and then call the authorities. I mean my family's in the friggin house. He sees me getting seriously annoyed, then quickly says "Maybe I left the other money out in the car." I go out with him, and the other $400 was in his center console.
    He starts apologizing for the "misunderstanding". So obviously this cat probably pulls this scam all the time, and probably sometimes walks away with a game for less money. Little did he know that I can certainly be an asshole when I want or choose to be, especially when someone is trying to pull some crap like this. I told him to scadaddle, and never to contact me about a game again.
    Since that day, I unfortunately feel the need to count the money right in front of people if it's someone I hadn't already transacted with in the past. Sadly, there are some jackasses in this hobby.

Wow!! I would have introduced him to Mr. Glock.

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I HATE when I hand someone I know $1000 in cash, and they just put it straight in their pocket.
    It totally annoys me.
    I know I counted it right, but now if it's short tomorrow when their wife does the laundry, they are going think I cheated them.
    One guy did it to me twice, so now I count it directly into his hand while he rolls his eyes....

I agree.

I always make them count it in front of me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groffdaddy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-had-a-bad-experience-with-a-seller-off-pinside?tu=groffdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.