(Topic ID: 50365)

Just got to Assault on Helocarrier for the first time!

By 85vett

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Snailman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

AOTHC is a sweet mini wiz mode. Congrats!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Is this from getting SHIELD awards for Bonus X advance (I think there's an 8X bonus advance?), Bonus X hold, and Bonus Hold?
    I know that bonus is based on # of shots to each avenger during only that ball (unless bonus hold). So having two consecutive good balls with a Hold Bonus and/or Bonus X Hold from the first ball could get you some sweet bonus.

Snail, I'll try and get to your PM at lunch. But the bonus advance is 4X but the display will show what your current bonus X is at after the award. The max bonus X is 25X.

Hold bonus and hold bonus X are in the mystery award. This rule was added from TF all spark power pack and stuck to this game too. Personally, I think hold bonus X should go away, its too powerful in this game.

I'm not sure how bonus pts are tallied, but I do know when I collect multiple avengers and do thei vs mode when 2X multiplier is active for that avenger, my bonus SOARS. I think 170 or 180 was my highest bonus.

I don't own the game anymore so it's hard to get accurate data. But that's my 2 cents for now

SKB

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

How do you get the 2X multiplier for an avenger?
    I'm also still trying to figure out the bonus structure.

When you collect them, so that their insert is flashing, their shot will be worth 2X for the remainder of the ball.

#9 10 years ago

So it's impairitive to build up the avengers consistently. Then cash in and collect as many as you can in one ball then start mb's and vs modes. So the one hit HE wonder strategy is actually a poor strategy...well maybe it's good for tourneys with no outlanes.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks! From your experience of bonus soaring when you had 2x shot scoring on Avengers pertaining to a VS mode, I'm guessing that perhaps you get credit for 2 shots to that avenger for bonus count purposes.
    I agree that the hold bonus X should go away. Same for the SHIELD award that advances Bonus X by 4. Both are too powerful, and places an unbalanced emphasis on a #$%!@# mystery award.
    I believe tourney settings fix non-add-a-ball mystery awards at 200K, which is good for competitive play.
    I think they also need to adjust the value per shot in the bonus count for each avenger based on difficulty to hit. HE shouldn't be one of the most lucrative. IM should be most lucrative. CA & BW next. Then HE. Then Hulk & Thor. Just my 2 cents.
    SKB, if you don't mind my asking, why did you sell your AVLE so soon after getting it?

PM sent

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

SKB, if you don't mind my asking, why did you sell your AVLE so soon after getting it?

In short; I got sick of beta testing their designs and software at my expense. There's so many other games to be had while a new game establishes itself. This whole need for preordering and/or owning LEs has gotten out of hand if you ask me. Brilliant on sterns marketing dept; not so brilliant with my sanity and love for the hobby lol

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Also...I've started a few "Vs" modes, but never quite know how I'm doing it.
    I've done Thor v Hulk a few times, and have also had Capt. America v Loki and Black Widow v Hawkeye.
    Do they just start automatically the second time you "complete" a hero?
    Also, I've heard people mention that the Hawkeye ramp is controllable? Like....how?
    Pete

The HE diverter must be set to override in the AV adjustments. This defaults off for competition play.

3 steps to an avenger:
    1. Assemble them, get all their related shot inserts filled (# of shots depend on difficulty setup)
    2. Collect an avenger; once their assembled, you must make their shot to award a letter of their name. Spell their name and they are collected. Once collected, their matrix insert will flash and their shot will be worth 2X for the remainder of that ball
    3. Complete an avenger; once collected, make their shots to fill their shot inserts, the final shot will start their vs mode. Follow the on screen instructions and table inserts to complete. If you fail, memory progression holds and you must fill their shot inserts again (usually 4 shots depending on difficulty). Once vs mode is completed, their matrix insert will be solid and you can continue playing the multiball on the standard board rules. You can stack completed vs mode mb's; I once had 5-ball mb going on the standard board rules and started whiz zing through the other avengers. It helped when I finally got to battle for earth.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-to-assault-on-helocarrier-for-the-first-time?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.