(Topic ID: 50365)

Just got to Assault on Helocarrier for the first time!

By 85vett

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Snailman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Man, what a rush! First time I've managed to collect all the Avengers. Had Hulk and Thor lit solid when I started it. Drained super fast on it though which kind of sucked but it was a rush finally getting there. Still only managed to get 138 million. I have no clue how some of you are getting 100 million bonuses. My bonus was only 30 million.

My wife is (playfully) pissed though as Avengers is supposed to be her game and she's mad I got there first. LOL!

#2 10 years ago

Man I love my Hulk. I have gottent to assault on the helocarrier several times. My high score is 331 mil and my second is 328 mil. I think on my 331 game I had a bonus of like 125 mil . It was awesome.

#3 10 years ago

AOTHC is a sweet mini wiz mode. Congrats!

#4 10 years ago

Nice! I need to play more or I will never get there. My biggest complaint about Avengers (and all my pins) as I haven't had enough time to play them lately.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from murfe88:

I had a bonus of like 125 mil

Is this from getting SHIELD awards for Bonus X advance (I think there's an 8X bonus advance?), Bonus X hold, and Bonus Hold?

I know that bonus is based on # of shots to each avenger during only that ball (unless bonus hold). So having two consecutive good balls with a Hold Bonus and/or Bonus X Hold from the first ball could get you some sweet bonus.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Is this from getting SHIELD awards for Bonus X advance (I think there's an 8X bonus advance?), Bonus X hold, and Bonus Hold?
    I know that bonus is based on # of shots to each avenger during only that ball (unless bonus hold). So having two consecutive good balls with a Hold Bonus and/or Bonus X Hold from the first ball could get you some sweet bonus.

Snail, I'll try and get to your PM at lunch. But the bonus advance is 4X but the display will show what your current bonus X is at after the award. The max bonus X is 25X.

Hold bonus and hold bonus X are in the mystery award. This rule was added from TF all spark power pack and stuck to this game too. Personally, I think hold bonus X should go away, its too powerful in this game.

I'm not sure how bonus pts are tallied, but I do know when I collect multiple avengers and do thei vs mode when 2X multiplier is active for that avenger, my bonus SOARS. I think 170 or 180 was my highest bonus.

I don't own the game anymore so it's hard to get accurate data. But that's my 2 cents for now

SKB

#7 10 years ago

How do you get the 2X multiplier for an avenger?

I'm also still trying to figure out the bonus structure.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

How do you get the 2X multiplier for an avenger?
    I'm also still trying to figure out the bonus structure.

When you collect them, so that their insert is flashing, their shot will be worth 2X for the remainder of the ball.

#9 10 years ago

So it's impairitive to build up the avengers consistently. Then cash in and collect as many as you can in one ball then start mb's and vs modes. So the one hit HE wonder strategy is actually a poor strategy...well maybe it's good for tourneys with no outlanes.

#10 10 years ago

I have only reached AOTHC twice and it's really exciting when you get to it. The DMD, audio and overall presentation is exciting. Congrats!

#11 10 years ago

Thanks! From your experience of bonus soaring when you had 2x shot scoring on avengers pertaining to a VS mode, I'm guessing that perhaps you get credit for 2 shots to that avenger for bonus count purposes.

I agree that the hold bonus X should go away. Same for the SHIELD award that advances Bonus X by 4. Both are too powerful, and places an unbalanced emphasis on a #$%!@# mystery award.

I believe tourney settings fix non-add-a-ball mystery awards at 200K, which is good for competitive play.

I think they also need to adjust the value per shot in the bonus count for each avenger based on difficulty to hit. HE shouldn't be one of the most lucrative. IM should be most lucrative. CA & BW next. Then HE. Then Hulk & Thor. Just my 2 cents.

SKB, if you don't mind my asking, why did you sell your AVLE so soon after getting it?

#12 10 years ago

Help me out here (I just got my Hulk LE this weekend):

I had everybody flashing in the center...but had no idea what to hit to start the Assault.

Nothing obvious seemed to be lit, and there were no instructions on the DMD...but maybe I just missed it.

Do you start it by hitting the Hulk scoop, or something? I knocked the ball around for a bit before choking and draining.

Pete

#13 10 years ago

Also...I've started a few "Vs" modes, but never quite know how I'm doing it.

I've done Thor v Hulk a few times, and have also had Capt. America v Loki and Black Widow v Hawkeye.

Do they just start automatically the second time you "complete" a hero?

Also, I've heard people mention that the Hawkeye ramp is controllable? Like....how?

Pete

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Help me out here (I just got my Hulk LE this weekend):
    I had everybody flashing in the center...but had no idea what to hit to start the Assault.
    Nothing obvious seemed to be lit, and there were no instructions on the DMD...but maybe I just missed it.
    Do you start it by hitting the Hulk scoop, or something? I knocked the ball around for a bit before choking and draining.
    Pete

The Loki lock lights should be in a 1-2-3 pattern indicating shoot the HE ramp to start. Sometimes though you'll hit it and HE vs. mode begins instead if it's ready. Had that happen a couple times.

I almost had AotH complete yesterday, all avengers shots complete, Loki lights were blinking for the completion, and choked. Probably good I mentioned that, it's the same shot to finish. You have to hit the main shots 2x each (Roppiness).

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

The Loki lock lights should be in a 1-2-3 pattern indicating shoot the HE ramp to start.

Totally missed this. Was trying so hard to hit the Hulk scoop instead.

Thanks for the info! Here's hoping I can do it again...

Pete

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I've done Thor v Hulk a few times, and have also had Capt. America v Loki and Black Widow v Hawkeye.
    Also, I've heard people mention that the Hawkeye ramp is controllable? Like....how?
    Pete

Yeah as you continue making shots after they're collected, you'll see a counter with them, "2 more shots." Then during the VS mode, you shoot the two characters' shots. There's a counter with them as well. Check out the review on pinballnews for a good rundown of the rules. I noticed that you can't continue to just hit one character, like Hulk vs. BW. Would be great to just bash on Hulk, but eventually his shots don't count until you shoot BW. I don't know if it's just a fixed number per character or you just have to mix it up every few shots.

I believe you hold the flipper button down to divert the ball to the preferred side. Usually it's good about setting you up for the shot you need.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks! From your experience of bonus soaring when you had 2x shot scoring on Avengers pertaining to a VS mode, I'm guessing that perhaps you get credit for 2 shots to that avenger for bonus count purposes.
    I agree that the hold bonus X should go away. Same for the SHIELD award that advances Bonus X by 4. Both are too powerful, and places an unbalanced emphasis on a #$%!@# mystery award.
    I believe tourney settings fix non-add-a-ball mystery awards at 200K, which is good for competitive play.
    I think they also need to adjust the value per shot in the bonus count for each avenger based on difficulty to hit. HE shouldn't be one of the most lucrative. IM should be most lucrative. CA & BW next. Then HE. Then Hulk & Thor. Just my 2 cents.
    SKB, if you don't mind my asking, why did you sell your AVLE so soon after getting it?

PM sent

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

In short; I got sick of beta testing their designs and software at my expense. There's so many other games to be had while a new game establishes itself. This whole need for preordering and/or owning LEs has gotten out of hand if you ask me. Brilliant on sterns marketing dept; not so brilliant with my sanity and love for the hobby lol

#19 10 years ago

AOTHC isn't all that exciting to be honest.
    Well, not the 3 seconds of it that I witnessed yesterday.
    : )

Seriously... tales me forever to finally get there, and I'm hitting all the right shots, then it starts and "DRAIN!!!!". Too funny.

I also just picked up the game this weekend. It's way more fun than I was expecting.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

The HE diverter must be set to override in the AV adjustments. This defaults off for competition play.

3 steps to an avenger:
    1. Assemble them, get all their related shot inserts filled (# of shots depend on difficulty setup)
    2. Collect an avenger; once their assembled, you must make their shot to award a letter of their name. Spell their name and they are collected. Once collected, their matrix insert will flash and their shot will be worth 2X for the remainder of that ball
    3. Complete an avenger; once collected, make their shots to fill their shot inserts, the final shot will start their vs mode. Follow the on screen instructions and table inserts to complete. If you fail, memory progression holds and you must fill their shot inserts again (usually 4 shots depending on difficulty). Once vs mode is completed, their matrix insert will be solid and you can continue playing the multiball on the standard board rules. You can stack completed vs mode mb's; I once had 5-ball mb going on the standard board rules and started whiz zing through the other avengers. It helped when I finally got to battle for earth.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I once had 5-ball mb going on the standard board rules and started whiz zing through the other Avengers. It helped when I finally got to battle for earth.

sick. love it.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

AOTHC isn't all that exciting to be honest.
    Well, not the 3 seconds of it that I witnessed yesterday.
    : )
    Seriously... tales me forever to finally get there, and I'm hitting all the right shots, then it starts and "DRAIN!!!!". Too funny.
    I also just picked up the game this weekend. It's way more fun than I was expecting.

I just did this! Got to AOTHC again and drained in about 10 seconds. I got it on video this time though. Uploading it now. It's 1.5 gigs so may take a while to upload.

#23 10 years ago

hehehhee

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-to-assault-on-helocarrier-for-the-first-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.