(Topic ID: 67500)

Just got off the phone with JPop - Cool guy!

By Piparoo

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JonM
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

At the suggestion of another Pinsider, I called up John Popadiuk to ask about getting on a waiting list for his games. Honestly, I was expecting to have to leave a voicemail message or something, but John picked right up and spent the next few minutes telling me about some of the exciting stuff they're doing up there. Very cool! Count me in as someone who is on board with whatever they are concocting on up there. Here's to hoping I can get in on Magic Girl or Zombie Adventureland. I'm definitely in on Alice.

#2 6 years ago

If you saw some of the stuff he's doing, you'd drool. Beautiful, fun pinball stuff!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

If you saw some of the stuff he's doing, you'd drool. Beautiful, fun pinball stuff!

Yes! Based on what he described, he's certainly putting a lot of thought and care into the designs of his pins. That, and I think it's cool that he solicits feedback from his owners while they are being designed.

3 years later
    #4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Piparoo:

I'm definitely in on Alice

Are you interested in selling your spot? I might know someone interested. If not would you mind sharing that phone# ?

#5 2 years ago

Killer thread necro, o-din.

#6 2 years ago

Personally, I'd rather be talking to J-pop right now than spending half a day on hold trying to deal with AT+T.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Are you interested in selling your spot? I might know someone interested. If not would you mind sharing that phone# ?

I'll give you that, it's one of the funniest thread necromancies I have read since I joined Pinside.
    Just curious: were you scanning all 3-year old threads while trying to contact AT+T?

#8 2 years ago

After my experience with at+t today, this thread was like a breath of fresh air.

#9 2 years ago

Thanks o-din for dredging up this old chestnut. I read it 5 minutes ago and I'm still laughing

#10 2 years ago

The OP hasn't posted for nine months. I hope they never ended up giving JPop any money.

#11 2 years ago

More importantly, I hope they are alive!

#12 2 years ago

He's probably out diversifying his portfolio and knocking em dead on wall street right now.

2 weeks later
    #13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Piparoo:

At the suggestion of another Pinsider, I called up John Popadiuk to ask about getting on a waiting list for his games. Honestly, I was expecting to have to leave a voicemail message or something, but John picked right up and spent the next few minutes telling me about some of the exciting stuff they're doing up there. Very cool! Count me in as someone who is on board with whatever they are concocting on up there. Here's to hoping I can get in on Magic Girl or Zombie Adventureland. I'm definitely in on Alice.

I called john but he never picked up the phone...bummer...i wanna talk to him too and hear his beautiful stories

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I called john but he never picked up the phone...bummer...i wanna talk to him too and hear his beautiful stories

Pinball is hard, that's about the jist of it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 30.00
    Pinball Machine
    Habos Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 179.99
    $ 26.95
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 99.00
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside