Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Xerico
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    th.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfanoz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#17 8 years ago

Fact is, it's your money.

Do what makes you happy but then again, some folks "pay in advance" and take a loan out for vacations and such and pay it off around tax time. I do that with my pins knowing they'll be paid off (if not mostly) by around that time anyway.

Other than that, I HIGHLY recommend dealing with Pinsiders as I've had nothing but great experiences here with them. eBay can be a headache unless you're dealing with actually pin resellers (see Little Shop of Games... Curly's a great guy and reputable!) but it's ultimately your crap shoot as it can be a miserable experience there as well.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Take out a $30 loan and buy some tables in Pinball Arcade. There are a few good early solid state games to be had under $1000 if you save up. Did anyone say not to take out a loan to buy an expensive toy yet?

You'll get a great feel for what you want and how the shots are through playing that but nothing adds up to the real thing, of course. Pinball Arcade has in part fueled the younger generation to collect games now.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

FACT: When you take a loan it's NOT YOUR MONEY. Sorry guys, but we should all be discouraging taking loans to buy pinball.

Having full intention of paying it back within a short period of time says different and builds credit, regardless.

Try telling the government it's NOT THEIR money either since they spend ours like crazy.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Invest in yourself and your well being, not big toys.

Well said. Already done all that. Time for fun. Regardless, I wish the OP the best in his search. Being a newbie to collecting (not so much playing) can be overwhelming, but choosing the right avenues to find your game (especially here) is your best bet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfanoz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-my-loan?tu=Wolfanoz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.