Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PHOTO-Michael-Jordan-I-Took-That-Personally (resized).jpg
unfriend.gif
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

A few pics and more later, I’m busy

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5 2 years ago

I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The basic loop seems to be: start the four little multiballs to help you build guitar locks and qualify song, shoot scoop to start song, make lit song shots as best you can and play as long as you can/want before cashing out jackpot at scoop.
Playing song for enough time unlocks album wiz modes.

Ok. I suck so far. I have managed to get all of 5 single balls on the guitar so far and not all in the same game. I haven’t had much time on it though, I had to finish up the PF swap on the MM. the PF is from Illinois Pinnall and it was their firs attempt. The hold and dimples are off and it takes a lot of modifications to get it to work. I basically had to disassemble the top of the game 3 times today.

#11 2 years ago

The only thing I don’t like so far is that it is rather unclear on the shots and modes of it has modes.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Lights and aesthetics maybe, but I like JP2 and Avengers rules and layout much better than GnR. Making combos on those two is so satisfying.

I like avengers also and TMNT and JP. All are great and I would love to own them.

#16 2 years ago

Ok I downloaded the latest code and it’s a different game It’s much clearer and easier to figure out what to do. I got shall we play a game multi ball and it was a lot of fun.

#19 2 years ago

Does the game have actual modes or is it non stop. Action the whole time. My games so far are very short.

#23 2 years ago

So does the game ever change. It’s non stop action but I’m getting the feeling I’m doing the same thing over and over again.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

That's where I struggle with GNR. All the song modes seem the same to me. And there is just the 4 mini wizard modes... I don't own it, so I haven't had a ton of time on the game. As popular as it is... I'm sure I'm missing something.

Yea, I’m going to give it every chance but it seems like you are just flailing away for the short time o can keep the ball in play. It might get traded for a newer stern like Avengers, TMNT or JP. For now though I’ll happily bang away and try to keep the ball more than 30 seconds

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Check out the posts above. There's rules to each song and options to cash it out or continue.
Check out the rulesheet below, there's a lot to do in the game.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

Cool. I’ll look it up. I have been wanting this game since I first saw it and I really want it to stay.

#31 2 years ago

But it’s ugly, the PF is bare with exactly no imagination and the little pop up spinner is always broken. Just sayin

#34 2 years ago

I’m just messing with you guys about the LZ.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are you:
- Focusing on the 4 booster multiballs before the song, getting as many jackpots as you can?
- Focusing on patch sets to spot characters?
- Focusing on starting band frenzy in the song by hitting the active band member?
- Maximizing band frenzy by spamming the spinner/pops when active?
There's way more to it than a flail fest.

I will definitely figure it out.

#38 2 years ago

Shit, I have been playing it all day and I can’t keep the ball for any time. I’m going to set the outlines to the easiest and see if I can play longer.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks are subjective and no issues with my spinner.
I’m assuming you’ve played a PRE/LE or is your opinion based of here say?

Hey, you know I’m just messing with you guys. LZ isn’t my favorite but if you love it I’m happy for you.

#49 2 years ago

So I set it to 5 balls, I know, and moved the outlines to the easyest spots and I get to see a lot more of the game. I still suck at it but I’m starting to like it a lot more. I beat “can we play a game” finally but I didn’t see a reward for it.

1 week later
#62 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Alright proud papa, how's thst bad boy doing?!

Hated it and it is sold.

#64 2 years ago

What does that mean

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm applauding your bravery in admitting you didn't like it and sold the machine. I think it's hilarious because I wasn't aware you were actually allowed to say that about GnR on Pinside. I believe it's actually one of the Pinside rules. God forbid you have a differing opinion from the mob. I hope you find something that lights a fire for you.

One thing about me that people either like or hate is that I don’t give a fuck about the popular opinion or what others like or
What I’m supposed to do. I do not purposely piss people off or hurt feelings but I am going to tell it like it is. In my opinion the game sucked and since people are still having PF issues I’m glad it is sold. My PF looks perfect but for how long. I already have a JP ordered and I’m in line for the next Stern which will be BTTF or Godzilla.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm the same way, which is why I don't have any friends.

Exactly
But I’ll bet the few you do have are REAL friends come hell or high water.

#73 2 years ago

The game looked and sound too cool to pass up. I traded a restored funhouse that I never played. Everyone said the game rocked and the rule set was awesome. I figured it was a no lose situation. I lost. The rules suck and all the multi balls make it a flail fest. Someone offered to buy the game and it’s sold. I bought a JP for Way less than the GNR cost. JP is a winner. So I came out ok. I hope the guy who bought it loves it.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't blame you. Pinside says it's the greatest game ever made. I mean...just LOOK at all the stuff on it! Look at all the blinky lights! It's gotta be the best, right? RIGHT???
JP is truly a great game, so congrats.

Go ahead make fun of me. It was a rookie mistake

#82 2 years ago

I have to say that since I have started playing the newer stern games I like them all to a degree. I will be making an effort to play more of them. I really like JP and Turtles though. I have a feeling I will like
BTTF and Godzilla as well.

2 weeks later
#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Mistake?
I don't see it that way at all... You got the GOAT pin (poking the bears on purpose) and played it to your hearts content for free and flipped it for a profit (you did, right?). Another opportunity to be part of an experience like this again? Doubtful. Not in this lifetime. . I saw GnR on the AFD tour. Not everyone can say that either. That opportunity is gone and Soon JJP GnR will be off the line and we'll all be talking about these days as remember when.... You were there!
Your hobby cost you nothing and you paid it forward and hopefully made a few bucks and another pinhead happy in the process- not waiting, and waiting, and waiting (like me)... A total success from that perspective. Like they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I put a total of 50 games on it. I hated it that much. It started with the skill shot and went from there. The skill shot is useless, unless you hit the target it shows successful. It directs the ball straight to the flippers and often straight down the middle. POTC is a much better game but with the PF issues there is no way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-my-gnr-set-up-im-proud-?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.