(Topic ID: 250806)

Just got my first pin...possibly found some issues...help!

By Daximus

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daximus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5463 (resized).jpg
IMG_5495 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
IMG_5482 (resized).jpg
IMG_5477 (resized).jpg
IMG_5473 (resized).jpg
DE810651-48F0-410B-BDC7-F2A62F055008 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floyd1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Daximus:

Hi guys!
So I finally pulled the trigger on my first pin. Purchased on eBay and had it shipped from Denver to Montana. Just got it all set up and I'm noticing a few things. I need your help to figure out if these things are just normal or something that I should be upset about. The description of the pin was:
"Stargate Pinball Machine. Condition is used Really cool gottlieb stargate pinball machine fully serviced plays fast smooth does have some minor ware shown in pics has a very very nice cabinet new rubbers some leds etc. great game upgrade you man cave today buyer must set up shipping i can assist getting machine prepped safely wrapped etc"
Full listing with images here: ebay.com link » Stargate Pinball Machine
Some of it seems minor but some of it definitely seems like a "fully serviced" machine shouldn't have. I opened the glass and started to check everything...this is what I found on a cursory glance.
1) First ball right out of the gate got stuck in cage/ramp on a screw that was the wrong size blocking the ball path. Ok I can fix that easily, but annoying.
2) The flippers are SUPER loose. They all have a ton of play and the right one wasn't even tightened on the screw so it was even worse.
3) One of the drop targets isn't working (intermittent at best)...not a buried one...one of the main ones front and center on the play field
4) Both slingshots rarely work...need to adjust/clean?
5) By "some Led's" I guess it meant only 5 and only the easily accessible ones on top of the play field.
6) Everything was dirty...ramps, play field, etc and it didn't look like the dust had been disturbed on the under/inside of the machine.
7) The glider has a ton of wear as it looks like the pyramid isn't lifting high enough so it's scratching it.
Balls are a bit worn
Other than those issues it plays pretty well overall and I'm super excited. Am I being overly critical or should I be upset about some of this stuff?
Thanks,
Dax

Fortunately, these all sound like mechanical issues that are easily resolved. Give it a good cleaning and adjust the switches in test mode. This is just the chance you take when you have a pin shipped sight unseen. I have always bought my games in person, but next time you could either be patient and wait for something within driving distance, or I have seen cases of Pinsiders that are local to the game going to check out a game on someone else's behalf.

Yeah, it sounds like the seller misrepresented the game a little, but nothing you listed sounds super serious. Good luck and enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floyd1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-my-first-pinpossibly-found-some-issueshelp?tu=floyd1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.