(Topic ID: 60499)

Just got my first machine home and setup!

By Piparoo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2947.JPG
photo-8.jpg
photo-9.jpg
photo-10.jpg
photo-11.jpg
photo-12.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I started the week certain I was going to drive 500ish miles one way to look at a minty Star Wars Episode 1, but today I found a Terminator 2 in Memphis, quite a bit closer to home and ended up coming home with it. This is my first pin, aside from a Pinbot that I briefly had a few years ago that never worked well, and I'm super excited to dive into the hobby.

It plays fast and is a lot of fun--even for my 5 year old daughter. Nothing scares her!
Overall I'm really pleased with it because it plays really well. As I'm sure you guys can see, there's a significant amount of insert wear on the playfield. I think I'm going to leave that alone until I have more confidence in my tinkering abilities.

I do think I'm going to replace the incandescent bulbs with leds. Has anyone seen a T2 with leds?

Any other suggestions for simple projects I can do with it?

// Error: Image 125324 not found // // Error: Image 125325 not found // // Error: Image 125326 not found // // Error: Image 125327 not found // // Error: Image 125328 not found // photo-12.jpgphoto-12.jpg photo-11.jpgphoto-11.jpg photo-10.jpgphoto-10.jpg photo-9.jpgphoto-9.jpg photo-8.jpgphoto-8.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Pics not showing up. Plenty have example pics with LED's

Congrats on your new game. Hope you and your daughter enjoy it.

#3 10 years ago

Sorry yeah, I deleted the first pics because they were rotated 90 degrees to the left. They should be up now

#4 10 years ago

Believe it or not.. but replacing the lights is probably not the easiest thing you can do for a pin.. I guess its different for each machine but for my STTNG it was painful.. plus it will almost certainly involve lifting and unscrewing stuff from the playfield..

Its all great fun though so dont let me put you off.. Welcome!

#5 10 years ago

Congrats - Pics are showing now.

#6 10 years ago

Nice game! As for small projects, how are your flippers, strong? Rebuilding them if they are sluggish is about the best thing you can do for a new pin.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#7 10 years ago

T2 was my first total shop. Did LEDs, total playfield tear down, replaced all star posts, rubbers, etc.

Learned how to solder header pins on boards, what not, all on my T2.

Every other machine has been solid to where I havent had to do any of this. My T2 was a dirty biotch who needed love.

LEDs are awesome on T2....see pic.

IMG_2947.JPGIMG_2947.JPG

#8 10 years ago

OK, pic isnt the greatest....but trust me....its sweet.

#9 10 years ago

Nice! Congrats buddy, I just got into as we'll and love it!

Steve

#10 10 years ago

Congrats on your first pin!! T2 is a great choice!!!

#11 10 years ago

And so it begins. Welcome to the addiction!

#12 10 years ago

Thanks guys for all the encouragement! I have been lusting after a DMD machine since I first fell in love with pinball in 94 on a STTNG in the lobby of my dorm. I dont know how I missed T2 in the past 20 years, in school I had a chance to play most Bally/Williams pins from the 90s at least once or twice, but tonight was the first time I had ever played T2. I suspected the light conversion may not be exactly a simple project but hopefully with a little patience I'll get through it. Good to know there's someone else out there who learned how to shop out a pin on their T2. Not that I anticipate being up to completely shopping anything for a while!

#13 10 years ago

Was this the one in McDonough, GA?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Was this the one in McDonough, GA?

The seller (Ron) is outside of Memphis and I found him through the pinball owners site. He was totally great by the way. Wrapped everything up in plastic and helped me load it up, and gee whiz did he have an incredible gameroom. Must have had 12 or so Bally and Stern DMDs along with 6 or 7 gottlieb wedge heads

#15 10 years ago

Nice first pin. You are off to a good start.

LTG : )

#16 10 years ago

Great! ...and welcome to the T2 Club!

#18 10 years ago

Newbie to Newbie advice, give your playfield a good waxing and change out all the rubbers if they are worn. It will feel like a new pin if you do this and will protect your playfield.

You are going to have alot of fun with that pin. Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-my-first-machine-home-and-setup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.