JMS_3564.jpg
JMS_3560.jpg
JMS_2250.JPG
bk.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I've wanted this machine for a couple years. This one is a project but is in fairly good shape overall. Fully functional! Backglass is new but the owner scraped it in a few places. No paint flaking though. Playfield is dirty and swirly and has had a few touch ups and the cabinet is ok. Displays look like new but are originals. All together, I got a player for now and one that will clean up great for later. So excited!!! Can't wait to get in the lineup!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I should mention that all the plastics are intact too. Wapred here and there and some stress cracks but all there. One more pic.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 11 years ago

"I challenge thee to fight the BLACK KNIGHT!"

Fun game. I just led'd mine out last night.

#4 11 years ago

Congrats! Brings back great memories of the arcades in the early 80's. Arcades down the shore, skateboarding at Cherry Hill Skatepark and the Black Knight. Looks like it will clean up nicely.

#5 11 years ago

Congratulations. Great Steve Ritchie game. First two level pin. A lot of game there.

LTG : )

#6 11 years ago

that's about what mine looked like 6 months ago. Repainted the cabinet, polished all the stainless, filled in holes on the coindoor. I'm now troubleshooting driverboard issues, but it's getting there. Project like this is definitely a labor of love, congrats on the purchase!

bk.JPGbk.JPG

#7 11 years ago

Nice! Fantastic pin! Have fun and congrats!~ SpOoKy

#8 11 years ago

Thanks all! Finally get to move this from the wish list to the have list! It will be stored for a while so I can finish up another project and make some room. When I start working on it I know I will have a few questions.

#9 11 years ago

For a 'project', it's in very good cosmetic shape for a Black Knight. Good pickup!

If you have any questions, and I don't pop into your thread here, you can always drop me an e-mail about it at [email protected] or PM me.

-Hans

#10 11 years ago

BK is so good I bought three back in the day.Top ten machine to me.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

For a 'project', it's in very good cosmetic shape for a Black Knight. Good pickup!
If you have any questions, and I don't pop into your thread here, you can always drop me an e-mail about it at [email protected] or PM me.
-Hans

Thanks! I will need some advice. Functionally, it is in pretty good shape. When I go to clean up the playfield, I worry that I will take off the previous touchups. My talents are not at all in the artistic. I may be in trouble.

Man, I Cant Wait!!!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

BK is so good I bought three back in the day.Top ten machine to me.

In my top ten too! Now I finally own one, Lets see if it stays that high on the list for me!

#13 11 years ago

I love Magna-save!
And this pin has a great multiplayer finish.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

In my top ten too! Now I finally own one, Lets see if it stays that high on the list for me!

Well once you finish up with it it may go higher.Oh yeah it can't.BK is pinball period.

#15 11 years ago

My first pin. Played it so much that it got monotonous.

It's been apart for, cripes, ten years now, and still wayyyy on the back burner.

I still doubt I'd ever sell it though! (Unless I find a deal on one in better shape!)

#16 11 years ago

BK was my first pin, bought in 1998. Here's a tip for avoiding damage to the eagle kickout, and to make sure shots stick:

JMS_2250.JPGJMS_2250.JPG

#17 11 years ago

New CPR plastics and playfield, no LEDs. I added a GI lamp between the ramps, and 2 under the upper right plastic:

JMS_3560.jpgJMS_3560.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Congrats! Looks nice! I can't wait to play this machine at the TPF.

#19 11 years ago

A few more pics...best playfield art ever, IMHO:

JMS_3564.jpgJMS_3564.jpg JMS_3565.JPGJMS_3565.JPG

#20 11 years ago

Hey Pafasa (OP), I wouldn't call yours a player or a project. It looks NICE - no bare wood. I bet after some gentle cleaning with Magic Eraser and Novus 2, it will shine like a new penny.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hey Pafasa (OP), I wouldn't call yours a player or a project. It looks NICE - no bare wood. I bet after some gentle cleaning with Magic Eraser and Novus 2, it will shine like a new penny.

You may be right. I would like to do what you did. CPR playfield and plastics eventually. Ill clean and play this one till the time is right.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

BK was my first pin, bought in 1998. Here's a tip for avoiding damage to the eagle kickout, and to make sure shots stick:

This is one of the questions I already had. I noticed the lock shots rolling right through. What is under the aluminum tape?

#23 11 years ago

Hang on to that one swampfire.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Quoted from HHaase:

Completely agree, your project looks like it's at a great starting point. I've seen some Magna Save spots that were so worn down, they almost looked like kickouts. Some Novus, a little wax, and flatten those plastics in the oven (carefully!), and you don't have a player- you have a keeper.

#25 11 years ago

I need to figure out why my MagnaSave magnets are so weak. The ball kind of wobbles for several seconds, and sometimes goes right into the outlane.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Hang on to that one swampfire.

I bought it when my son was born and he thinks of it as his "brother". I'll hand it down to him, for sure. I just need to paint the cab to make it a perfect game.

#27 11 years ago

Had it as a kid, it's a great pinball. Just don't leave it on in the middle of the night like I did when I was a kid. It scared the sh@t out of my parents, they thought someone was in the basement talking..lol

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

When I go to clean up the playfield, I worry that I will take off the previous touchups.

It may happen, when I cleaned my playfield it removed all the touchups, if they used acrylic paint kiss them goodbye. Don't let that stop you though, either fix them or if they are small just leave em.

#29 11 years ago

I always liked that feeling of having a new pin in the back of my van. Actually I put 3 pins in my voyager at one time. Seeing that black knight really brings back memories. "The Black Knight will slay you". You will enjoy. And we are here to help!

#30 11 years ago

Nice! Need me one. A limited edition one is for sale here for $900 (needing unspecified board work) - thinking about it but seems a bit $teep. Not sure what if any differances the LE has other than the apron says 'Limited edition" Anyone know?

#31 11 years ago

Nice score.

It will look great next to your firepower!

#32 11 years ago

Zippy...

Limited Edition also had the microswitches in the ball trough's, the metal plastic protector in the upper trough, and a couple other small changes that came around in the production run. Other than the apron, all of this stuff was either fitted in the end of the first run or available as retrofit's. I haven't seen anything really different in it other than the "Limited Edition" stampings on the apron.

Swamp...

Are they some of the super-shiny balls with a high chromium content? Some of them don't respond well to magnets.

-Hans

#33 11 years ago

Congrats on the score Pafasa! I just picked up my first one a few weeks ago and getting it ready for repaint. Looks like we both just joined the round table. Would anyone have a line on replacement ramps? One of mine is beat-hammered.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Swamp...
Are they some of the super-shiny balls with a high chromium content? Some of them don't respond well to magnets.
-Hans

Yes, I think that's the problem - thanks!

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Limited Edition also had the microswitches in the ball trough's, the metal plastic protector in the upper trough, and a couple other small changes that came around in the production run. Other than the apron, all of this stuff was either fitted in the end of the first run or available as retrofit's. I haven't seen anything really different in it other than the "Limited Edition" stampings on the apron.

Swamp...

Thanks!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

Nice score.
It will look great next to your firepower!

I agree! It will look great there! I think next to it should be f-14 tomcat. The hunt is on...

1 week later
#37 11 years ago

Well I picked up that Limited Edition. Got it up and mostly running pretty quickly. Couple bugs to track down still but very happy.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Well I picked up that Limited Edition. Got it up and mostly running pretty quickly. Couple bugs to track down still but very happy.

Cool! Can you post some pics that show the difference? Is there play difference? Mine is still standing on its end waiting for room.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Swampfire, interesting... can you describe what you did there?

#40 11 years ago

Cool! Can you post some pics that show the difference? Is there play difference? Mine is still standing on its end waiting for room.

Not sure what the differences are other than the apron sticker and some microswitches.
Looks cool tho.

bkle.jpgbkle.jpg bk1.jpgbk1.jpg

#41 11 years ago

Anyone have a line on BK drop target decals and spinner decals? Maybe a scan?

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Swampfire, interesting... can you describe what you did there?

Pretty simple...I folded up some paper to make the "bump", and then cut a piece of foil tape to hold it in place. It's low tech, but works perfectly. Before I did this, the ball frequently shot straight through the lock without stopping.

#43 11 years ago

Congratulations! A true pinball classic!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Anyone have a line on BK drop target decals and spinner decals? Maybe a scan?

I am needing those also and found a nice scan, pm me.

1 month later
#45 11 years ago

Finally getting around to the cleaning. Magic eraser to the rescue!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#46 11 years ago

I love my BK. this one just came up on CL, looks pretty nice! Not sure about the red trim though.
losangeles.craigslist.org link

#47 11 years ago

Black trim would have been much cooler!!

#48 11 years ago

Great Game.. I have one in my collection and it's going nowhere. My wife loves it too. It's
sits ready for battle next to my BK2000!

#49 11 years ago

Which do you favor? BK2K or BK?

#50 11 years ago

Which do you favor? BK2K or BK?

Both!

th-6.jpegth-6.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-my-first-black-knight-so-excited and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.