(Topic ID: 8263)

Just got fired!! Who wants to buy my pinballs?

By pinballn00b

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Gexchange
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bearded-Lady-Salma-Hayek--36331.jpg
SH.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Move to North Dakota and keep your machines. There is more money in oil in that state right now than they know what to do with. 80k a year to work the rigs. 100k+ to drive trucks. He'll strippers are being flown in from Vegas and making 2k a night. You'd think they would need a IT guy out there.

I'm almost thinking of doing this. I work down on the docks but it is really slow because of the recession and increasing automation. I have my class A truckers license and my grandparents moved to LA from Mandan, ND in the 1940's. I think I still have a few second cousins there. Maybe I can get back into accounting even though I hated it, I'm still paying off my student loans for my accounting and finance degrees.

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Nice to see the responses from Kane and Pinster68.

I was going to say something like...
"How's about we get a loan going for his pins and when he gets back on his feet he can buy them back or help sell them off if he doesn't want them anymore!"
Kane took it another notch higher and Pinster is right on the money with his-
People in pinball are better than most shmucks.

I found that to be true as well, 85% of the time!
Great group of people we have here!
That kind of generosity is very rare and even more amazing that it is found on a humble pinball forum. Kudos to Kane and Pinster!
Here's a Salma for your efforts!

Great job guys!

Attachments SH.jpg (36.2 KB, 0 downloads) 5 days old

In contact with pinballn00b. Let's keep this guy employed, and in pinball. Thanks for the Salma... (sigh)

1 week later
#53 12 years ago

Small update. waterddd contacted me and last weekend came by and picked up my Frankenstein. He is a very nice guy hopefully he continues to post around here.

He bought me a few weeks salvation till hopefully I can find something. Thanks everyone

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballn00b:

He bought me a few weeks salvation till hopefully I can find something. Thanks everyone

good luck

1 month later
#55 12 years ago

Still havent found a job and I havent had any luck with my big hurt. I guess its not that popular of a game. Does anyone have another gottlieb system 3 machine possible the same board i have a desire to see a photo of is the same in all the system 3 machines?

I am looking for a picture of the board and wiring thats mounted to the board behind the flashers in the back box.

#56 12 years ago

Ya my waterworld is a gottlieb system 3. I can take pics...shit its at work. Monday I can send pics.

#57 12 years ago

Hate to hear that. Is the big hurt working now? I do recall enjoying the game back when it first came out but shipping would probally kill me on it so wont offend you with an offer. Best of luck with getting back on your feet.

#58 12 years ago

sorry to hear about the job situation, hope you can sell the Big Hurt, that is a really fun game.

#59 12 years ago

I have a Big Hurt and a Shaq Attack On My floor.. What do you need pics on? I can snap and post tomorrow

#60 12 years ago

Sending good vibes your way, hate to see you lose your pinvestments
I really hope you get a better job than the one you had before, and soon.
In the end, its not what you know, its who you know,play the numbers and keep shaking hands, making phone calls and wear out the shoeleather. I got me a MBA, but it ain't worth much.

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

Kane said:Pinballnoob, how about this. I'll buy your pins, we'll sign a contract, when you get back on your feet you can pay me back and pick them up. Think of it as free temporary storage with a fellow Pinsider. If you decide after a year that it's not going to happen we can just rip up the contract. If that makes any sense to you or if any other Pinsiders have a suggestion you can PM me. I'm in NJ.
Class move there! What a nice group this is... Good luck with your job search!

Sure makes me proud to be part of a group like this.

#62 12 years ago

I sent gex an email. The big hurt works except for the pop bumper and a light problem im trying to figure out as quick as possible so I can find it a good home and hopefully buy myself an extra month in my home. ugh.. thanks everyone.

#63 12 years ago

someone needs to create an original salma hayek future pinball table

No thanks

Bearded-Lady-Salma-Hayek--36331.jpgBearded-Lady-Salma-Hayek--36331.jpg

#64 12 years ago

Replied.. I will shoot pictures when I get to work Monday

#65 12 years ago

Incase anyone else needs em.. Close up pics of Back Board Light control Board and under play field near pop bumpers

http://imgur.com/a/ZloQ6#0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-fired-who-wants-to-buy-my-pinballs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.