New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 55563)

Just got done waxing my TAF.

By PinballHog

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fiberdude120
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo_5.JPG
photo_3c.JPG
photo_2b.JPG
photo_1a.JPG
photo_1.JPG
TAF3.JPG
TAF_2.JPG
TAF.JPG

#1 7 years ago

I just cleaned my TAF with novus 2 and a 2500rpm drill. It was very dirty as you can see in the photos. I also used the Treasure Cove 3 step on the Mylar. Then I put 2 coats of paste wax on it. It has a great shine to it, but if I look at it at a certain angle I can still see where the ball traveled down the lanes to the flippers and right in front of the slings. It's not black marks it just a little duller than the other parts of the playfield. It is still shining in those places just not as much, and I worked it with novus 2 a long time to get it to where it is at. I don't like to use the Treasure Cove product on my playfields other than Mylar, because it seems to me to leave behind very fine scratches, mainly noticeable on the black part of the playfields I've used it on. Do you guys think I can get this playfield any better, or are this slightly dull spots just there to stay? My wife says I'm to picky and she can hardly see them lol. She's probably right. Thanks for any comments.

#5 7 years ago

Looks nice.

#6 7 years ago

Looks great to me!

Mike

#7 7 years ago

I'm in the middle of a cleaning/wax job right now and I'm intersted in this too.

Not that I'm necessarily right, but my hunch is that you're seeing the light reflect different in the ball travel area due to the slight depressions made by the ball. In the return lanes and ball guide areas the ball is pretty much always taveling over the exact same spot. I always assumed that there's not much more you can do about it other than cleaning off the dirt trial and waxing. Maybe clear coating the playfield? I don't know.

And yeah, you're probably being too picky, haha.

#8 7 years ago

Sorry Iphone messed up my upload. Lets try this again.

Before:

TAF.JPG TAF_2.JPG TAF3.JPG

#9 7 years ago

After:

photo_1.JPG photo_1a.JPG photo_2b.JPG photo_3c.JPG photo_5.JPG

#10 7 years ago

Looks really good!

#11 7 years ago

I just did mine a few weeks ago just by hand and it plays so stinkin' different now, I wish I hadn't! I can't even break 200mil on it anymore! I also moved the outlane posts up as well as a few other adjustments to make it harder, but it's definitely a LOT faster and more difficult now. It's like I have to relearn the game all over again!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I just did mine a few weeks ago just by hand and it plays so stinkin' different now, I wish I hadn't! I can't even break 200mil on it anymore! I also moved the outlane posts up as well as a few other adjustments to make it harder, but it's definitely a LOT faster and more difficult now. It's like I have to relearn the game all over again!

After I cleaned and polished my wifes addams family it was so fast that she wanted to kill me. Its her favorite game and she had to wait months till it slowed down a little and now she does not want me to clean it any more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 1,099.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Allentown, PA
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Boards
PinSound
$ 11.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville , FL
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside