Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TheZohan
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

65690887_(resized).jpg
    RoscoeRadio_(resized).jpg
    Roscoe_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160410_12_10_34_Pro.jpg
    metallica_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

MGC was a lot of fun, was there for about 4 hours, seemed to be well run.
    The Highlights.
    First off, majorly bummed that AC/DC wasn't there, Lord of the Rings also wasn't there, and unless I'm blind I didn't see a Medieval Madness. Those 3 pins were ones I wanted to play most, and they were nowhere to be found. This was my first event like this, was really hoping to finally get a chance to play Medieval Madness for sure. Oh well, maybe next year!
    Virtual pinball machines are not fun at all...
    Tried oculus rift in one of the rooms (this has nothing to do with pinball) and I got motion sickness in 20 seconds. Took me about 15 minutes to get over it. VR has a LONG way to go. I've always had problems with motion sickness, VR is tough on guys like me as I thought it would be. My son tried it also, it didn't bother him at all. He walked around a virtual arcade and also went on a vr roller coaster.
    We played probably 1/2 of the pinball machines. It was crowded, couldn't get on most immediately, but that's ok. The only longer lines were usually Ghostubsters and the Hobbit. I know this goes against popular pinside opinion, but I was not overly impressed with Ghostbusters. The Pro model was just "ok" for me, It didn't give me that "one more game" feeling. My advice to anyone ordering the pro - don't, get the premium, I really think that will be a lot more fun. I think the extras going from Pro to Premium will make a huge difference, it will push this game from "ok" to "spectacular".
    I had fun with the Hobbit - the ball doesn't roll over those pop ups nice though the ball always changes direction. At $8,500 for an LE, I will probably end up passing, JJP price point is just too high for me.
    Game of thrones Premium was fun, not sure I'd buy one though.
    Metallica stole the show for us. I'm not a heavy metal fan, and I don't even really care for the artwork on Metallica. But the gameplay was a blast, has me seriously considering buying one.
    Another surprise... we actually both loved Whoa Nellie. It is super simple, but was very addictive and fun. If it weren't for my wife's disapproval of the artwork (lady holding watermelons for breasts) I would have bought one. Weird, never thought I would have considered that pin.
    I will never own a Tron. That pin is so boring to me, but the music is cool.
    There were 2 walking deads, set up for the tournament. I didn't play them, wish they put one out in the main area for everyone to play.
    STTNG was fun! I used to own a Star Trek Pro, sold it, I think STTNG was better.
    Played a lot of fun older pins, a lot of fun EMs also.
    Overall pretty fun show! Just lacked the 3 pins I wanted to play most! Pat on the back to the guys that run this show, your hard work showed! Got to play a lot of fun pins that I would never have got the chance to. Good opportunity for guys like me that can't afford all these expensive pins to get a chance to try them out. I'll be coming back next year!

Glad you enjoyed the show for th most part. If you come back today be sure you head down to check out the full throttle in Rob Anthony's room. Solid A lister that may appeal based on the other games you wanted to play. Sorry none of them were at the show but good shot there will be some of them next year. That is the beauty of a show like this, variety of great and different pins each year. As for the tournament games they were free for all and you could play them. Just wanted you to know for next year as MGC main tourney is different than most other shows in that respect.

For LOTR, i just put up a freshly refurbed and great playing on at Pooleys in Madison. kId freindly space even though it is a bar. Check out www.madisonpinball.com for a full list of games we currently have out at 3 locations. Relatively close to you and we take pride in keeping our games playing well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-back-from-mgc?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.