Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TheZohan
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

65690887_(resized).jpg
    RoscoeRadio_(resized).jpg
    Roscoe_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160410_12_10_34_Pro.jpg
    metallica_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

What game did you bring?

#4 8 years ago

Ill take your thumbs down as you didn't take anything, feel free to continue complaining guy who didn't contribute to the show.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

You really are not a very nice member of this community sir.

I dropped off 2 games, you?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

He paid the entry fee for his kid and himself. How much did you pay flank? Come on.

I didn't go to the show, just humped a few games there.

What did you take?

Edit-you realize I get free entrance to the show right? this isn't about money, you brought that up, I'm talking about starting a thread he was disappointed multiple games weren't there, it's insulting to everyone that gets off their ass to bring a game.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bing_Party:

Nobody cares that you have a couple games over there. Sorry that people have an opinion. And it's great how that guy pretty much just ignored you.
    Uuuuuhhhhh I got game there duh

I bet the people that play the games all weekend cared that they were there. Good input though.

What was your last username before you were banned from Pinside?

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I brought 4, does that mean my opinion means more than yours?
    Cmon. You're just salty he doesn't like tron.
    Honestly though, if the only tron I had ever played was the machine just outside the arcade hall, I'd never want one either. It looks great but the gameplay.....left a lot to be desired

See, that's hallway TRON, and op blasts it without knowing that it's hallway TRON. Yes though, your opinion counts twice as much as mine.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's no need to get prickly about it.
    Yes, without folks who bring games, a show won't get off the ground. However, without attendees, the show wouldn't be worthwhile to host either.
    It's a big job to haul a game (or several) to a show, so unless you do it at least once, you don't appreciate all the prep work that goes into it. So kudos to everyone who brings games to shows.
    On the other hand, it's not fair to attack folks for *not* bringing a game or understanding what is involved in bringing a game. If you explain what the process is and how much time and effort it takes, I'm sure they will them come to appreciate your efforts much more.

I went through a shitload of work to bring games to this show, made an extra trip on Friday from my house to friends house as he couldn't fit one B/W game in the vehicle he borrowed as I helped him pull the 2 machines out his basement Thursday night, delivered it to MGC, all for the respect of my friend, because he is awesome.

Shove that prickly shit up your ass, I worked my ass off for a show I wasn't even going to, to make sure games got there. To make the show better.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm sure you did work hard. Not everyone knows what you put into it, or what other folks do to prep for a show. If you explained your contributions in a positive manner, not a hostile one, I'm sure you would recieve a lot of thanks and goodwill. However, by being hostile and persnickety about it, it can drive folks away and give them the idea that bringing a game is a horrible experience, when it really isn't--it can be fun and rewarding in many ways.

I don't need any thanks, it's all for the show. Just have fun and no complaints needed. Play some pins and enjoy.

#34 8 years ago

Agreed, I'll just stop taking games to shows and busting my balls helping others so newbies can complain their game of choice as not there.

#41 8 years ago

And goes on, don't buy a GB pro, wtf? Sounds like he doesn't own 1 game and he is giving buying advice?

Turning my flame thrower up

Shame on me? I'll take all the shame, I don't F'ing care..... some new guy puts down his first show attendance. Hmm, this game should have been there and this game......don't buy this game.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm guessing he's not welcome in the 4 horsemen club

Everyone is welcome in the 4 horsemen club if they have at least one of the games.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've never understood the thought that if you didn't bring a game or volunteer in some way, you have no right to an opinion about a show. The op's opinion was a little on the negative side, but big f'ing deal. It's one man's opinion.
    I'm sorry, Flank, but if the only people that came to shows were the ones who brought the games, there'd be no shows, cause there'd be no money made. You NEED those of us who don't bring games to not bring games. WE are the ones who actually pay the bills by paying our way in.
    And when you berate the op by saying you brought two games and what did he do for the show....how about I say, big fucking deal. You brought two games. How about you try and organize the show next year!!
    Everyone plays a part, whether they organize the show, volunteer, bring games, or just pays at the door.

I never said he can't have an opinion, I clearly fucking disagree with it.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Now that's more like it. - Hey, go beat on Centerflanks machines.

Yup, go ahead and nudge the shit out of them, kick them in the coin door for all I care.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

hmmm, were flank's machines the ones with surgical masks and glove dispensers in front?

I heard Kanaduh showed up and licked all the lockdown bars

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from volcanodiver:

Speaking of banned, weren't you banned from MGC after last years "issues" you had?

What "issues" are those? Please list them.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from volcanodiver:

why, were you so drinky last year you forgot being in places you shouldn't have been to the point of the cops getting called by the staff?

No cops were ever called, were you there? Doesn't sound like it...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-back-from-mgc?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.