3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheZohan
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

65690887_(resized).jpg
    RoscoeRadio_(resized).jpg
    Roscoe_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160410_12_10_34_Pro.jpg
    metallica_(resized).jpg

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago
    #3 3 years ago

What game did you bring?

#4 3 years ago

Ill take your thumbs down as you didn't take anything, feel free to continue complaining guy who didn't contribute to the show.

#5 3 years ago
    #6 3 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

You really are not a very nice member of this community sir.

I dropped off 2 games, you?

#7 3 years ago

He paid the entry fee for his kid and himself. How much did you pay flank? Come on.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

He paid the entry fee for his kid and himself. How much did you pay flank? Come on.

I didn't go to the show, just humped a few games there.

What did you take?

Edit-you realize I get free entrance to the show right? this isn't about money, you brought that up, I'm talking about starting a thread he was disappointed multiple games weren't there, it's insulting to everyone that gets off their ass to bring a game.

#9 3 years ago
    #10 3 years ago
    #11 3 years ago

Centerflank great point .

#12 3 years ago
    #13 3 years ago

Come to Minneapolis and play MM/Lotr on location.

We may have an ACDC somewhere around here as well. The Twin Cities are a good destination if you're looking for some games to play.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Nobody cares that you have a couple games over there. Sorry that people have an opinion. And it's great how that guy pretty much just ignored you.
    Uuuuuhhhhh I got game there duh

#15 3 years ago
    #16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bing_Party:

Nobody cares that you have a couple games over there. Sorry that people have an opinion. And it's great how that guy pretty much just ignored you.
    Uuuuuhhhhh I got game there duh

I bet the people that play the games all weekend cared that they were there. Good input though.

What was your last username before you were banned from Pinside?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I brought 4, does that mean my opinion means more than yours?

Cmon. You're just salty he doesn't like tron.

Honestly though, if the only tron I had ever played was the machine just outside the arcade hall, I'd never want one either. It looks great but the gameplay.....left a lot to be desired

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I brought 4, does that mean my opinion means more than yours?
    Cmon. You're just salty he doesn't like tron.
    Honestly though, if the only tron I had ever played was the machine just outside the arcade hall, I'd never want one either. It looks great but the gameplay.....left a lot to be desired

See, that's hallway TRON, and op blasts it without knowing that it's hallway TRON. Yes though, your opinion counts twice as much as mine.

#19 3 years ago

I didn't realize hallway tron was that infamous. Lol

#20 3 years ago
    #21 3 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Come to Minneapolis and play MM/Lotr on location.
    We may have an ACDC somewhere around here as well. The Twin Cities are a good destination if you're looking for some games to play.

We do, AC/DC is up at Blainbrook, along with LOTR and Metallica. No MM up there yet though so you'll have to hit the other local spots for that one.

#22 3 years ago

The OP comes on here and gives his opinion and get six thumbs down. Don't worry OP, you're entitled to your opinion, so don't take these clowns seriously!

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

MGC was a lot of fun, was there for about 4 hours, seemed to be well run.
    The Highlights.
    First off, majorly bummed that AC/DC wasn't there, Lord of the Rings also wasn't there, and unless I'm blind I didn't see a Medieval Madness. Those 3 pins were ones I wanted to play most, and they were nowhere to be found. This was my first event like this, was really hoping to finally get a chance to play Medieval Madness for sure. Oh well, maybe next year!
    Virtual pinball machines are not fun at all...
    Tried oculus rift in one of the rooms (this has nothing to do with pinball) and I got motion sickness in 20 seconds. Took me about 15 minutes to get over it. VR has a LONG way to go. I've always had problems with motion sickness, VR is tough on guys like me as I thought it would be. My son tried it also, it didn't bother him at all. He walked around a virtual arcade and also went on a vr roller coaster.
    We played probably 1/2 of the pinball machines. It was crowded, couldn't get on most immediately, but that's ok. The only longer lines were usually Ghostubsters and the Hobbit. I know this goes against popular pinside opinion, but I was not overly impressed with Ghostbusters. The Pro model was just "ok" for me, It didn't give me that "one more game" feeling. My advice to anyone ordering the pro - don't, get the premium, I really think that will be a lot more fun. I think the extras going from Pro to Premium will make a huge difference, it will push this game from "ok" to "spectacular".
    I had fun with the Hobbit - the ball doesn't roll over those pop ups nice though the ball always changes direction. At $8,500 for an LE, I will probably end up passing, JJP price point is just too high for me.
    Game of thrones Premium was fun, not sure I'd buy one though.
    Metallica stole the show for us. I'm not a heavy metal fan, and I don't even really care for the artwork on Metallica. But the gameplay was a blast, has me seriously considering buying one.
    Another surprise... we actually both loved Whoa Nellie. It is super simple, but was very addictive and fun. If it weren't for my wife's disapproval of the artwork (lady holding watermelons for breasts) I would have bought one. Weird, never thought I would have considered that pin.
    I will never own a Tron. That pin is so boring to me, but the music is cool.
    There were 2 walking deads, set up for the tournament. I didn't play them, wish they put one out in the main area for everyone to play.
    STTNG was fun! I used to own a Star Trek Pro, sold it, I think STTNG was better.
    Played a lot of fun older pins, a lot of fun EMs also.
    Overall pretty fun show! Just lacked the 3 pins I wanted to play most! Pat on the back to the guys that run this show, your hard work showed! Got to play a lot of fun pins that I would never have got the chance to. Good opportunity for guys like me that can't afford all these expensive pins to get a chance to try them out. I'll be coming back next year!

You're a "glass half empty" guy aren't you.

#24 3 years ago

OP if you're looking for places near you to find the games you want to play check pinballmap.com.
    Looks like you're near Milwakee, many games around for you I hope.

#25 3 years ago
    #26 3 years ago
    #27 3 years ago
    Quoted from ahanson:

We do, AC/DC is up at Blainbrook, along with LOTR and Metallica. No MM up there yet though so you'll have to hit the other local spots for that one.

Haha I know you.
    There will never be a MM at Blainebrook as Donny told he hates that game. At least Thay just got the best game ever TZ.
    I'm sure you get you're MM fix in you're backyard at Lloyds anyways.

#28 3 years ago

Sounds like a cool show. Good review. I have all three of the machines in my collection if you are ever in So Cal. I agree on the Tron. Looks amazing and the music is cool however, the game play is not for me.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Ill take your thumbs down as you didn't take anything, feel free to continue complaining guy who didn't contribute to the show.

There's no need to get prickly about it.

Yes, without folks who bring games, a show won't get off the ground. However, without attendees, the show wouldn't be worthwhile to host either.

It's a big job to haul a game (or several) to a show, so unless you do it at least once, you don't appreciate all the prep work that goes into it. So kudos to everyone who brings games to shows.

On the other hand, it's not fair to attack folks for *not* bringing a game or understanding what is involved in bringing a game. If you explain what the process is and how much time and effort it takes, I'm sure they will then come to appreciate your efforts much more.

Not everyone is in a position to be able to bring a game. But maybe after attending a few shows and making a few acquisitions, they will. You should try to help make that a positive journey and experience, not a negative one.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's no need to get prickly about it.
    Yes, without folks who bring games, a show won't get off the ground. However, without attendees, the show wouldn't be worthwhile to host either.
    It's a big job to haul a game (or several) to a show, so unless you do it at least once, you don't appreciate all the prep work that goes into it. So kudos to everyone who brings games to shows.
    On the other hand, it's not fair to attack folks for *not* bringing a game or understanding what is involved in bringing a game. If you explain what the process is and how much time and effort it takes, I'm sure they will them come to appreciate your efforts much more.

I went through a shitload of work to bring games to this show, made an extra trip on Friday from my house to friends house as he couldn't fit one B/W game in the vehicle he borrowed as I helped him pull the 2 machines out his basement Thursday night, delivered it to MGC, all for the respect of my friend, because he is awesome.

Shove that prickly shit up your ass, I worked my ass off for a show I wasn't even going to, to make sure games got there. To make the show better.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I went through a shitload of work to bring games to this show, made an extra trip on Friday from my house to friends house as he couldn't fit one B/W game in the vehicle he borrowed as I helped him pull the 2 machines out his basement Thursday night, delivered it to MGC, all for the respect of my friend, because he is awesome.
    Shove that prickly shit up your ass, I worked my ass off for a show I wasn't even going to, to make sure games got there. To make the show better.

I'm sure you did work hard. Not everyone knows what you put into it, or what other folks do to prep for a show. If you explained your contributions in a positive manner, and not a hostile one, I'm sure you would recieve a lot of thanks and goodwill. However, by being hostile and persnickety about it, it can drive folks away and give them the idea that bringing a game is a horrible experience, when it really isn't--it can be fun and rewarding in many ways.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm sure you did work hard. Not everyone knows what you put into it, or what other folks do to prep for a show. If you explained your contributions in a positive manner, not a hostile one, I'm sure you would recieve a lot of thanks and goodwill. However, by being hostile and persnickety about it, it can drive folks away and give them the idea that bringing a game is a horrible experience, when it really isn't--it can be fun and rewarding in many ways.

I don't need any thanks, it's all for the show. Just have fun and no complaints needed. Play some pins and enjoy.

#33 3 years ago

centerflank: Right, but bitching people out is something that is unhelpful. I'd like to thank you for busting your ass, but I'd also like you to not be a jerk to this guy because he was sad that some games he's never seen weren't at the show.

That implies he's probably not a huge collector type, no?

#34 3 years ago

Agreed, I'll just stop taking games to shows and busting my balls helping others so newbies can complain their game of choice as not there.

#35 3 years ago

We're your games for sale?

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Agreed, I'll just stop taking games to shows and busting my balls helping others so newbies can complain their game of choice as not there.

He's allowed to be disappointed if he was hoping to play a game and it wasn't there. And if it wasn't for newer collectors, this hobby would be coming to an end.
    I don't know why you're getting so upset.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

MGC was a lot of fun, was there for about 4 hours, seemed to be well run.
    The Highlights.
    First off, majorly bummed that AC/DC wasn't there, Lord of the Rings also wasn't there, and unless I'm blind I didn't see a Medieval Madness. Those 3 pins were ones I wanted to play most, and they were nowhere to be found. This was my first event like this, was really hoping to finally get a chance to play Medieval Madness for sure. Oh well, maybe next year!
    Tried oculus rift in one of the rooms (this has nothing to do with pinball) and I got motion sickness in 20 seconds. Took me about 15 minutes to get over it. VR has a LONG way to go. I've always had problems with motion sickness, VR is tough on guys like me as I thought it would be. My son tried it also, it didn't bother him at all. He walked around a virtual arcade and also went on a vr roller coaster.
    We played probably 1/2 of the pinball machines. It was crowded, couldn't get on most immediately, but that's ok. The only longer lines were usually Ghostubsters and the Hobbit. I know this goes against popular pinside opinion, but I was not overly impressed with Ghostbusters. The Pro model was just "ok" for me, It didn't give me that "one more game" feeling. My advice to anyone ordering the pro - don't, get the premium, I really think that will be a lot more fun. I think the extras going from Pro to Premium will make a huge difference, it will push this game from "ok" to "spectacular".
    I had fun with the Hobbit - the ball doesn't roll over those pop ups nice though the ball always changes direction. At $8,500 for an LE, I will probably end up passing, JJP price point is just too high for me.
    Game of thrones Premium was fun, not sure I'd buy one though.
    Metallica stole the show for us. I'm not a heavy metal fan, and I don't even really care for the artwork on Metallica. But the gameplay was a blast, has me seriously considering buying one.
    Another surprise... we actually both loved Whoa Nellie. It is super simple, but was very addictive and fun. If it weren't for my wife's disapproval of the artwork (lady holding watermelons for breasts) I would have bought one. Weird, never thought I would have considered that pin.
    I will never own a Tron. That pin is so boring to me, but the music is cool.
    There were 2 walking deads, set up for the tournament. I didn't play them, wish they put one out in the main area for everyone to play.
    STTNG was fun! I used to own a Star Trek Pro, sold it, I think STTNG was better.
    Played a lot of fun older pins, a lot of fun EMs also.
    Overall pretty fun show! Just lacked the 3 pins I wanted to play most! Pat on the back to the guys that run this show, your hard work showed! Got to play a lot of fun pins that I would never have got the chance to. Good opportunity for guys like me that can't afford all these expensive pins to get a chance to try them out. I'll be coming back next year!

Glad you enjoyed the show for th most part. If you come back today be sure you head down to check out the full throttle in Rob Anthony's room. Solid A lister that may appeal based on the other games you wanted to play. Sorry none of them were at the show but good shot there will be some of them next year. That is the beauty of a show like this, variety of great and different pins each year. As for the tournament games they were free for all and you could play them. Just wanted you to know for next year as MGC main tourney is different than most other shows in that respect.

For LOTR, i just put up a freshly refurbed and great playing on at Pooleys in Madison. kId freindly space even though it is a bar. Check out www.madisonpinball.com for a full list of games we currently have out at 3 locations. Relatively close to you and we take pride in keeping our games playing well.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

by being hostile and persnickety about it, it can drive folks away

I agree with this but that's my take away from the original post and his show analyses. It read to me as hostile and persnickety. The OP goes into detail about all of his disappointments and includes only a couple of brief generalities about the positive. Its 95% a negative review of the show and the games he played.

Certainly he is entitled to express his opinion but honestly, after reading it, I wondered if this was a troll post.

Quoted from craigj:

The Highlights.
    First off, majorly bummed that AC/DC wasn't there, Lord of the Rings also wasn't there, and unless I'm blind I didn't see a Medieval Madness.

That's how you begin the show highlights? Geeze... And his "highlights" continue on.

Quoted from craigj:

Quoted from craigj:

Tried oculus rift in one of the rooms (this has nothing to do with pinball) and I got motion sickness

This was followed by several mixed or bad machine reviews: Here's my favorite:

Quoted from craigj:

I had fun with the Hobbit - the ball doesn't roll over those pop ups nice though the ball always changes direction.

Had this been a review about our local Denver show, I'm not certain I could have shown as much restraint as Centerflank.

I speak only for myself but I hope that may provide some insight into some of the Thumbs down votes.

#39 3 years ago

There was NOTHING wrong with the OP's post. Attacking him for writing what "HIS" experience and perception of the show is pure horsesh*t. He paid his $40, and $40 for his kid, it's his right.

If this were a $5 show.....pfft , I would say blow it out your arse pal.

The MGC is what it is because of the hard work, volunteers, and people who are vendors and/or bring games.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The MGC is what it is because of the hard work, volunteers, and people who are vendors and/or bring games.

Other than fleeting generalities, where does he explain any of that? He goes into great detail about the negative, how about a little balance.

I've heard that MGC is a great show and in my opinion the OP's review gives it an unfair black eye. That's what I object to.

#41 3 years ago

And goes on, don't buy a GB pro, wtf? Sounds like he doesn't own 1 game and he is giving buying advice?

Turning my flame thrower up

Shame on me? I'll take all the shame, I don't F'ing care..... some new guy puts down his first show attendance. Hmm, this game should have been there and this game......don't buy this game.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

And goes on, don't buy a GB pro, wtf? Sounds like he doesn't own 1'gamr and he is giving buying advice?
    Turning my flame thrower up.

I'm guessing he's not welcome in the 4 horsemen club

#43 3 years ago

I've never understood the thought that if you didn't bring a game or volunteer in some way, you have no right to an opinion about a show. The op's opinion was a little on the negative side, but big f'ing deal. It's one man's opinion.

I'm sorry, Flank, but if the only people that came to shows were the ones who brought the games, there'd be no shows, cause there'd be no money made. You NEED those of us who don't bring games to not bring games. WE are the ones who actually pay the bills by paying our way in.

And when you berate the op by saying you brought two games and what did he do for the show....how about I say, big fucking deal. You brought two games. How about you try and organize the show next year!!

Everyone plays a part, whether they organize the show, volunteer, bring games, or just pays at the door.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm guessing he's not welcome in the 4 horsemen club

Everyone is welcome in the 4 horsemen club if they have at least one of the games.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've never understood the thought that if you didn't bring a game or volunteer in some way, you have no right to an opinion about a show. The op's opinion was a little on the negative side, but big f'ing deal. It's one man's opinion.
    I'm sorry, Flank, but if the only people that came to shows were the ones who brought the games, there'd be no shows, cause there'd be no money made. You NEED those of us who don't bring games to not bring games. WE are the ones who actually pay the bills by paying our way in.
    And when you berate the op by saying you brought two games and what did he do for the show....how about I say, big fucking deal. You brought two games. How about you try and organize the show next year!!
    Everyone plays a part, whether they organize the show, volunteer, bring games, or just pays at the door.

I never said he can't have an opinion, I clearly fucking disagree with it.

#46 3 years ago
    #47 3 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

At the show right now! Having fun with the family. Currently on wheel of fortune.

Now that's more like it. - Hey, go beat on Centerflanks machines.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Yup, go ahead and nudge the shit out of them, kick them in the coin door for all I care.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Just avoid the nutsack marks on the lockdown bar.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

Maybe some of the negative replies to the OPs post was due to lack of reading comprehension or a case of TL;DR, but I'll comment anyway?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 45.99
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside