Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PINBELL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG00362.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I picked up an Escalera stair-climbing dolly today! MI-1-66 1200lb. Like new for $400! Everything can go upstairs, now!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Congrats! That's a great price. I paid the big chunk for a new one since I couldn't find a local deal, but haven't regretted it a bit. Yea...it could have been another pin...but it also could have been a thrown out back, blown out knee, or worse by now. Just be careful and take your time learning how to use it. It's a lifesaver, but a little tricky to get the hang of. The center of gravity shifts significantly as it climbs, and you have to be ready for that. You also have to get the angle right as it grabs or it can slip off the stair. It's a bitch when it slips...trust me. Be careful and take your time and you should be fine.

Thanks!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Wicked deal... I hate you !

Thanks, I think!

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Very Nice deal. I love mine. Get the big wheel attachment now! I would not love mine as much if I didn't have that. With the big wheel, you can put a game on the cart, lean it back on all 4 wheels, then buckle it up. Can also go over different level surfaces like from outside over a door stop to inside with little effort. You can go from the big wheels to the small if you need to easily reposition the cart. Plus going over grass or whatever. Did I say get the big wheel attachment yet? The only time my big wheels are not on is when I am going up and down stairs.
    Practice with it as Jediturtle said. You have to balance the weight and it tries to push forward when going up/down. Once you find the sweet spot it is smooth sailing

Will do! Right now, I just need to go from the dining room and den and kitchen, to the empty room upstairs! It's either that, or an out building, with no climate control! My Wife and kids want a Christmas tree!!!

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Love my Escalera. As others have said it takes a little practice to get used to. Please don't assume you can go up and down stairs without help at least the first few times. Going down you have to learn the proper distance or you will overshoot the stair. Going up you need to have it properly balanced or it will want to fling forward and slam down. Also don't stop the lifters at the top of the rotation as the two at the bottom will scratch your floor when you set it down. Learned this the hard way on a new solid hardwood floor. Going to order the big wheels right now.

I think I'll practice without a load, first!

#32 11 years ago

So, I think I'll get my mother in law to get behind it, and push!!!

#33 11 years ago

Found out today that it was made in 2010! Love it!

1 week later
    #34 11 years ago

Got the big-wheel attachment today. Attaches and detaches in about 2 seconds! I can see how this could double the dolly's abilities! Should make pin collecting a lot easier!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-an-escalera?tu=pinbell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.