IMGA0986.JPG
IMGA0987.JPG
DSC06436.JPG
image-504.jpg
Xenon.png
Xenon2.png
Xenon1.png
#1 9 years ago

So excited. I have been looking at these online for a while now. And now I got my hands on one.
The back glass is perfect and the playfield is in really good shape. It didn't work when I got it. It would boot up and go to attract mode but that was it. I had no idea what could be wrong. So I started unplugging all the plugs going to the boards and when I plugged one of them back in, it started working. I replaced some lights and put on all new rubbers and bought the translucent blue flippers.
I bought it for $325 and spent $50 for the flippers and stuff. So I'm in it for $375. I'm pretty sure I made out like a bandit. I love this thing.

Xenon1.pngXenon1.png Xenon2.pngXenon2.png Xenon.pngXenon.png
#2 9 years ago

STEAL!!!!

#3 9 years ago

Great game. I just did a pf swap on mine.

image-504.jpgimage-504.jpg

#4 9 years ago

Absolute steal . I paid about $2500 for mine plus about another $600 for new cointaker led kit and alltek boards.

#5 9 years ago

Welcome to Xenon!

#6 9 years ago

I think I want to add just a few blue leds and maybe a blue led strip on the apron to add some light to the area by the flippers. Can I do that without having to buy a new lamp driver board?

#7 9 years ago

You sir, got a GREAT deal. Another Xenon owner here - just swapped in my new CPR playfield.

DSC06436.JPGDSC06436.JPG
#8 9 years ago

Push600 and SunKing, very nice pins. I couldn't even imagine doing a pf swap. I think I'm pretty lucky, my pf is in really good shape. SunKing, the blue looks killer

#9 9 years ago

never played one but boy Xenon is a pretty game.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from predator:

I think I'm pretty lucky

Indeed - You should be REALLY happy with the deal you got. Mine only cost $100. But that was for a trashed base machine. Add in CPR playfield, backglass, coin door, new boards and many other new parts - I'm in mine about $2,000. No worries here - it won't be leaving my collection anytime soon so I don't care if I get my $$ back or not.

A playfield swap is not as hard as you might think. You just have to go slow and take a TON of pictures along the way.

#11 9 years ago

SunKing, are your blue lights led? Did you put in a new lamp driver board for them?

#12 9 years ago

Yes, they are blue frosted. I do have an Alltek lamp driver, but I think the lights on the backbox are driven by the auxiliary lamp driver. Thankfully, that was one original part that I didn't need to replace.

#13 9 years ago

I will own another someday...

#14 9 years ago

It will be mine. Oh yes! It will be mine. one day...

#15 9 years ago

Something about Xenon that I just can't put my finger on that makes it such an amazing pin. So ahead of it's time. A true classic and worthy of being on the short list of anyone's collection.

#16 9 years ago

Just ordered a Xenon poster from a fellow pinsider , you might like to get one too.

#17 9 years ago

I have owned two different Xenon machines and would gladly own it again if the opportunity presented itself. Super fun, challenging game. I sold both of mine for about 3X what you have invested in yours and neither of mine were anywhere near as nice on the playfield. Good buy. Enjoy it.

#18 9 years ago

Not really wanting to buy a new lamp driver board. Would the blue #47 bulbs look very good around the backglass? Not led, just regular blue bulbs.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from predator:

Not really wanting to buy a new lamp driver board. Would the blue #47 bulbs look very good around the backglass? Not led, just regular blue bulbs.

In my opinion if you are wanting that look that is pictured above you must go with LEDs. Colored incandescent bulbs will not generate the light to give you that look. I would just leave it be until you are ready to go all out LED. But that is just my opinion.

#20 9 years ago

SunKing, yours looks very nice indeed. Taking it up to the Houston Arcade Expo this year?

#21 9 years ago

Sounds like I better wait and do it right. Thanks

#22 9 years ago

predator you will need a new light board to convert to LED or you get flickering. You can either get an alltech for 99 bucks or try a Vid1900 soldering an extra board to existing for about 30 bucks.He has a thread explaining that. If you aren't too technically inclined better to replace with alltech.

#25 9 years ago

Very nice game!

#26 9 years ago

Thank you.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from predator:

I think I want to add just a few blue leds and maybe a blue led strip on the apron to add some light to the area by the flippers. Can I do that without having to buy a new lamp driver board?

Yes you can, I use Comet 7 led 6.3v and use the supplied alligator clips to clip to a sling bulb. This is how you mount it. Make sure you turn the game off when connecting it and mount it high enough so that the ball doesn't hit it. While you have the apron off clean everything under it and check everything. You got a steal. Enjoy

IMGA0987.JPGIMGA0987.JPG IMGA0986.JPGIMGA0986.JPG
#28 9 years ago

I recently shopped a xenon for a guy and I think it looks best with 44's all around. Congrats on your successful theft.

#29 9 years ago

Just checked out the link and that is what i will go with. And great idea MustangPaul

#30 9 years ago

I almost felt bad buying from the guy. He asked like 3 times, while I was looking it over, if he under priced it. I am thinking he under priced it by alot!!!

#31 9 years ago

My wife had one of these games when she was growing up. I love the art and may get one someday.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from predator:

I almost felt bad buying from the guy. He asked like 3 times, while I was looking it over, if he under priced it. I am thinking he under priced it by alot!!!

After I handed him the cash and had it loaded up I would have said "yeah you under priced it" as I drove off.

#33 9 years ago

Now that's funny!!!

#34 9 years ago

I've been playing around with one of my xenon's as wellxenon topper 004.JPGxenon topper 004.JPGxenon topper 002.JPGxenon topper 002.JPGxenon head 003.JPGxenon head 003.JPGxenon blue ramp 002.JPGxenon blue ramp 002.JPGxenon tube 006.JPGxenon tube 006.JPG

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Just ordered a Xenon poster from a fellow pinsider , you might like to get one too.

You can see the poster here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-custom-gorgar-poster-mega-galaga-poster
You can PM me if you want one.

#36 9 years ago

I'm still in the process of a CPR playfield swap, but am nearing the home stretch. Polishing metal now...

IMG_6029.JPGIMG_6029.JPG

#37 9 years ago

That was a hell of a deal for $325!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-a-xenon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.