(Topic ID: 90350)

Just got a WCS '94, a few quick questions on a few small issues.

By Griffin

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Griffin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-117.jpg
image-689.jpg
image-769.jpg
image.jpg
Goalie pads.png
2014-05-08 21.45.42-1.jpg
2014-05-09 06.40.27-2.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Picked up a nice WCS playing well but it needs a few little bits...

Goalie - The rubber on mine has snapped in two, I'm finding the decal sets no problem but not the actual rubber, any suggestions on what to make a new piece out of??

Penalty Kick-out - Seems pretty weak, doesn't make it to the goal, how strong is this supposed to be?

Launch skill shot - gets stuck on a rail coming down the side chute to the flippers, I assume a simple bend/adjustment of the rail will take care of this???

Large football - has a 'whirr' to it, not overly loud but it's there, is that normal? Seems to be spinning really fast and strong.

LED Kit - My Judge Dredd has a full LED kit and looks amazing, as it was my first pin I didn't realize just how good it was until I got this next pin with regular bulbs. What should I expect to pay for a full kit, about $250? I really don't like the yellowy look of the back-box and playfield compared to the cool clean whites of my JD.

Thanks for any help

Joel

2014-05-09 06.40.27-2.jpg

2014-05-08 21.45.42-1.jpg
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Large football - has a 'whirr' to it, not overly loud but it's there, is that normal? Seems to be spinning really fast and strong.
LED Kit - My Judge Dredd has a full LED kit and looks amazing, as it was my first pin I didn't realize just how good it was until I got this next pin with regular bulbs. What should I expect to pay for a full kit, about $250? I really don't like the yellowy look of the back-box and playfield compared to the cool clean whites of my JD.

The ball is pretty noisy for most. As far as LED's go, I can say I'm extremely pleased with Pinballbulbs.com for their WCS kit. Check out the before and after pic. And if you buy, I think pinside members had a discount code as well.

Check out the WCS thread for lots of info on this game...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome

GL and enjoy.

#3 4 years ago

Mr. Pinball Australia has the goalie plastic in stock. Can't seem to find anyone in the US who does.
http://mrpinballa2.cart.net.au/details/2900271.html?action=set_currency&currency=NZD

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for those suggestions, I picked up the full LED pack and also a back-box LED kit for my JD. I think I should be able to work out something home made for the Goalie using the old one as a template.

#5 4 years ago

I wrapped my soccer motor and gearbox in cork insulation tape. It made it a lot quieter.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Goalie - The rubber on mine has snapped in two, I'm finding the decal sets no problem but not the actual rubber, any suggestions on what to make a new piece out of??

I'm fairly certain that I got mine in the USA. Did you try Marco or BAA / Planetary? Ebay?

Penalty Kick-out - Seems pretty weak, doesn't make it to the goal, how strong is this supposed to be?

Should send the ball into the goal

Launch skill shot - gets stuck on a rail coming down the side chute to the flippers, I assume a simple bend/adjustment of the rail will take care of this???
LED Kit - My Judge Dredd has a full LED kit and looks amazing, as it was my first pin I didn't realize just how good it was until I got this next pin with regular bulbs. What should I expect to pay for a full kit, about $250? I really don't like the yellowy look of the back-box and playfield compared to the cool cthethites of my JD.
Thanks for any help
Joel

2014-05-09 06.40.27-2.jpg 233 KB

2014-05-08 21.45.42-1.jpg 229 KB

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Goalie - The rubber on mine has snapped in two, I'm finding the decal sets no problem but not the actual rubber,
2014-05-09 06.40.27-2.jpg 233 KB
2014-05-08 21.45.42-1.jpg 229 KB

Pm sent

Goalie pads.png
#8 4 years ago

A great game to LED, congrats on the pickup!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

It should definitely make it into the goal, but mine doesn't slam it in either.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Should make it easily. However I do remember others here having the same issue.

#11 4 years ago

Mine shoots into the goal pretty smoothly. Maybe replace the sleeve and clean up the rest of the mechanism?

#12 4 years ago

I put together my own LEDs in one huge CoinTaker order. All premium bulbs.
image-689.jpg
image-117.jpg
image-769.jpg
image.jpg

#13 4 years ago

Decat, looks nice!

#14 4 years ago

Yeah that looks great!!!

- LEDs on the way, (also some for my JD backbox).
- Thanks to Turboderf for offering to send me a replacement plastic for my goalie.
- Seems the ball sound is normal so I won't worry about it too much.
- I'll give the free-kick a good clean and look-over to see if I can get it punching strong.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll post pictures when done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Boards
PinSound
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aliso Viejo, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside