(Topic ID: 57537)

Just got a "Use Tax" bill from my State for an Imported game. Any thoughts?

By kismetnumber1

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kolchak357.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

I actually used to be a sales tax auditor for the state of Pennsylvania. That use tax regulation applies in PA as well. I use to tax businesses in the Phila area all the time that bought stuff in Delaware to avoid sales tax. We would also add penalty and interest. I don't want to be a bummer, but I have many friends that still work there and the days of no sales tax for online purchases may be coming to and end in the next few years (for folks in states that have sales tax).

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

Sounds like TNT got audited. They had your machines listed, and had to explain why they didn't collect a local sales tax. They will happily point the tax man in your direction rather than pay the 6% themselves.

It's not that they happily do it. The auditor will go through their sales records that they are required to maintain and make a list.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kolchak357.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-a-use-tax-bill-from-my-state-for-an-imported-game-any-thoughts?tu=Kolchak357 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.