(Topic ID: 11696)

JPop just refunded my money!

By gweempose

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Supermarket.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago

Ditto on checks in the grocery line. I could be in the best mood ever, but when the lady in front of me pulls out a checkbook for a $15 purchase I spin me into the ceiling everytime.

#52 12 years ago

...or the digging through the purse to get "EXACT" change when paying by cash

#53 12 years ago

What about the extreme couponers you guys get down there? ... we don't get coupons like that here sadly

#54 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is when I'm waiting in line at the grocery store and the person in front of me whips out their checkbook.

+10001

Its even worse when they decide to start balancing their checkbook on spot as well.

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Merchant accounts start at 2-1/2%, about the same paypal sucks out. It would have been much more professional to do that. Just hope this doesn't make any customers lose confidence.

To be fair...

Yeah, they do. But then you need a secure certificate for your web site that costs money. Then, you need to pay the startup costs to accept credit cards. Then, you have to pay a certain amount every month unless you have that much transacted through your account to cover it. Then, you need to decide which cards you'll be accepting because certain ones (like American Express) charge even more. Oh, and you'll need to develop and test the plug in on your web site to ensure that it all works properly.

So, yeah -- it's about 2-2.5%... after you do a TON of groundwork. I have a business that accepts credit card, but we also do PayPal because it it so much easier for a lot of people to handle money in PayPal itself.

#56 12 years ago

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is when I'm waiting in line at the grocery store and the person in front of me whips out their checkbook.

Come on man, if The Dude wants to write a check for 69 cents at the store then by all means let him write a check.

Supermarket.jpgSupermarket.jpg

#57 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Come on man, if The Dude wants to write a check for 69 cents at the store then by all means let him write a check.

#58 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Come on man, if The Dude wants to write a check for 69 cents at the store then by all means let him write a check. []

Am i the only one that reads your posts in the dude's voice?

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

There's a lot of ins and outs to that question man. Good thing I stick to a rigorous drug regimen to keep my mind limber so I can answer questions like this. No of course your not the only one man.

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Nope

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I even reply to his posts in the cowboys voice. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin er easy for all us sinners.

#62 12 years ago

+1 lol

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

scammers paradise and the scammer always wins

yep

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

What I wonder is why is paypal still the primary way to send large sums of money? Does Square services not offer a web based format to pay as well? I see lots of businesses that make a lot more than 75k a year using that, wine shops, food carts, etc. All I have heard for the past 2 years is how terrible paypal is, and I stopped using it for the most part. I've gotten a toy/CD here and there, but they don't see large sums of money from me anymore.
    Unfortunately after checking their site, https://squareup.com/ I don't see a web based pay option. I guess it would be a little clunkier, but you could have to call JPop or Ben Heck to process the payments? Long story short, a better payment way is needed.

Square allows you to manually enter CC payment information. Granted that would require giving Jpop you CC info, but it works....

#66 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I was just shocked, and I wanted to give others who pre-ordered the game a heads-up. I see nothing wrong with that.

Gweem,Thanks for the explanation,I respect your reasons.

Quoted from pinball_customs:

I just hate dealing with cheques, it's so.. archaic. blech!

Pinball Customs-Sorry if you get behind me when I'm writing a check-your problem-I may be slow but I'm ahead of you.
    On a serious note though,I have used my debit card and then the hoodlum from the restaurant kept the number or code or something and then went on later that night to use/charge crap on my account,it was a pain to get that straightened out,so now I use cash or write those archaic checks.

#67 12 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

On a serious note though,I have used my debit card and then the hoodlum from the restaurant kept the number or code or something and then went on later that night to use/charge crap on my account,it was a pain to get that straightened out,so now I use cash or write those archaic checks.

Exactly,I will not use a debit card,it is also to easy to spend all your money on stuff you don't need!Like I don't do that already

#68 12 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

Pinball Customs-Sorry if you get behind me when I'm writing a check-your problem-I may be slow but I'm ahead of you.

That doesn't bother me really.. I just don't like using checks because they take so long to process. I'm an instant-gratification kinda guy. I'd liken it to using one of those old credit card sliders.. old-shool.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-a-refund-from-jpop/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.