(Topic ID: 228145)

Just got a Haunted House... now some solenoids don't work?

By lilmul123

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

The operation of the solenoids work like this on a HH- there is no in-line protection, so if a coil locks on, like those bat targets for instance, or whatever, it will do damage and you will blow some stuff up. It was a bad design, but there are ways to protect it, too.

I would look at the daisy chain of non working coils first, if they even are daisy chained, but I would suspect and pull the fuses and check those first.

Which coil for what went bad?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from lilmul123:

Thanks for the heads up on the relays; that was the problem! For whatever reason, the Q relay was stuck off, and did not change when actuated. I manually actuated it back on, which apparently unstuck it, and now it works great again.
I'm not entirely sure if the burned out coil was the problem now (maybe it was just a coincidence?), but it was the kicker for the #2 light on the middle playfield.

Yeah, it's pretty common for those to get wedged under the plastic, causing the switch to stay stuck and melting the coil and other things. If you put an in line fuse right off the coil with a 2 amp slo blow, if that happens again, it'll just blow the fuse and save things further down the chain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-a-haunted-house-now-some-solenoids-don-t-work?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.