You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10.jpg
15.jpg
7.jpg

#1 12 years ago

Had two pins in my area that interested me. 1st is a Hot Line Williams EM. Check out that awesome backglass and those stylish playfield plastics! I also like how the shapes in the middle of the playfield form into a fish. To top it off, someone seems to have scratched the same initials I have into the side of the cabinet head. The only real turn off for me is that there is one single bell sound on the whole playfield.
http://www.lyonsarcade.com/games/HotLine.html

If it had only been about $150 cheaper, I probably would have gone for it. Instead I found a cheaper, closer, Buck Rogers with a little bit of flaking on the backglass, decent cabinet and playfield, and new boards and rubbers. The price was only a tad bit higher than what is listed as average on Bostonpinball.biz. So I am pretty happy right now. That Hot Line would've been cool, though. Ah well...

7.jpg7.jpg 15.jpg15.jpg 10.jpg10.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Woah, it's a 60's Fish Tales! Way cool!

#3 12 years ago

I seen that on Craigslist. Even though I'am in Arizona like to check out other states pricing on pins, the Hot Line caught my eye too.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Woah, it's a 60's Fish Tales! Way cool!

I thought the same thing when I saw it!

#5 12 years ago

Is it me, or does the guy on the boat look like Pinocchio?

#6 12 years ago

So you didn't buy from Lyon's Arcade? Consider yourself very lucky, and fortunate.

See this thread. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-1979-bally-star-trek

I wouldn't buy another pin from Lyon's Arcade if he was the last place on earth with pins and he was having a buy one get one free sale. I'm not the only person that's had problems with
this business. He's bad news...BAD BAD NEWS.

#7 12 years ago

Wow. Sorry to hear about your pin. Thanks for the link. I never would have found that thread if I had searched for Lie-ons (sp) arcade. It's a shame they got their hands on such a nice looking pin...

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from DEVILinIRON:

Wow. Sorry to hear about your pin. Thanks for the link. I never would have found that thread if I had searched for Lie-ons (sp) arcade. It's a shame they got their hands on such a nice looking pin...

Nothing for you to be sorry about. I learned a valuable lesson on the first pin I bought. It taught me alot about the repair process and dealing with people, both the good and bad one's.

Me and BR spelled Lyon's incorrectly on purpose. No need in giving the guy more press and
attention than he deserves.

His website makes alot of promises on how he will help the customer out if they have an issue with their pinball or arcade machine after it's purchased, it's all BS and lies. He does not stand behind the product he sells and you're shit outta luck if you need it repaired because he's not going to be there to help. I know this for a FACT, because I know what happened in my case.

DEVILinIRON, I'm glad you didn't buy from him. You have nothing to regret and everything
to be thankful for. Consider yourself fortunate AND lucky.

#9 12 years ago

That is a great looking pin. I love the art on some of those older games.

I've been looking for an affordable 1 player EM to learn on but haven't come across the right one yet.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from JWS64:

DEVILinIRON, I'm glad you didn't buy from him. You have nothing to regret and everything
to be thankful for. Consider yourself fortunate AND lucky.

Thanks, JWS64. Topic title will be changed to No Regret!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-a-buck-rogers-instead-of-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.