IMG_1942 (resized).JPG
IMG_1941 (resized).JPG
IMG_1940 (resized).JPG
IMG_1939 (resized).JPG
IMG_1938 (resized).JPG
IMG_1937 (resized).JPG
IMG_1936 (resized).JPG
IMG_1935 (resized).JPG
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

You can do it. Helps a lot to use a fine to small gauge solder then ohm your work to make sure you didn't bridge anything.

#52 4 years ago

Or just get a new board and know you won't have to mess with it ever again

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Not sure I'm capable of soldering it back to the board though..

Anyone local that can help you ?

If not, practice on old board first. Transistors are easy with a little practice. Heat solder, remove solder, stick in new transistor, flow new solder.

I wouldn't tackle an IC until you are more experienced and tools for it.

LTG : )

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Ok, that's got to be it then. All the TIP's register at 1.5ish, except Q16 which is 0. Previously stated that is what controls the drops, so I guess I need to order a new one. Not sure I'm capable of soldering it back to the board though..

I assume your game has an Alltek SDB since you were able to see the green/red flashes? If so, they carry a lifetime warranty although it wasn't the boards failure but the nitwit who replaced the connectors without bothering to install keying plugs or even the courtesy I've seen of marking a black line where the key should be.

#55 4 years ago

If that's the case Alltek will fix it for you for cheap. Contact them getting a return # and ship it to them with payment and return postage fee. They are very fast and awesome to deal with.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I assume your game has an Alltek SDB since you were able to see the green/red flashes? If so, they carry a lifetime warranty although it wasn't the boards failure but the nitwit who replaced the connectors without bothering to install keying plugs or even the courtesy I've seen of marking a black line where the key should be.

Yes, it is. I'm not looking to get anything for free, will they repair them? Or I'll buy another for extra parts.

Edit, just saw Buzz's post. I'll contact them.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Yes, it is. I'm not looking to get anything for free, will they repair them? Or I'll buy another for extra parts.
Edit, just saw Buzz's post. I'll contact them.

It’s a 50c part, I’m sure someone locally will be able to solder one in for you.

I’m a hack with a soldering Iron, and I do them. Pretty easy. Just cut the old one off below the head and take out each leg individually - saves overheating the solder pads on the board.

rd

4 weeks later
#58 4 years ago

After a month I finally got the game back together after having the tip Q16 replaced and it still doesn't work.

I checked all the tip's and now Q19 doesn't register. Would this cause a problem with the drop targets?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-a-bally-dolly-parton-help/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.