(Topic ID: 178414)

Just gonna geek out on Wedgeheads for a minute..

By Robotoes

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I picked up my first recently, and good grief - I love how these things are built. So detail oriented and polished construction.

Love the brass finishes, and really dig how all the mechs are put together. Locating most switches beneath the playfield that are actuated by "dummies" that actually take the abuse.

Does anyone know how their costs compared to B/W of the same eras?

#2 7 years ago

Wedgeheads defintely have a price premium only due to popularity.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Wedgeheads defintely have a price premium only due to popularity.

BS. Wedge heads are some of the greatest games ever made.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

BS. Wedge heads are some of the greatest games a ever made.

If not joking, you just reinforced my answer

#5 7 years ago

Sorry I meant build cost! No arguing - just info =)

#6 7 years ago

Ahh. I would imagine about the same obviously give or take an amount for their propietary mechanisms and build styles/parts usage, mostly the same inside, just designed differently which while still costing around the same is really what can make one company "shine" over another - how they utilize things.

Gottlieb, Williams, and Bally were pretty on par with reliability even given their different designs. Chicago Coin on the other hand is known to have godawful machines both by game design and reliability. Only thing I don't like about Bally is their bad jones plug receptacle design.

What were you talking about with "dummy switches"?

#7 7 years ago

I recently got my first one as well. Pretty damn nice machines. Geek on!

#8 7 years ago

LOVE the wedges.

#9 7 years ago

My first game was WOZ. My next few were classic B/W and Sterns, old and new. Now I'm buying wedgeheads...so what does that tell you?

No, not that I've turned into a cheap bastard. It's because they're awesome.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-gonna-geek-out-on-wedgeheads-for-a-minute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.