Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    SHORPY-8b19476a.preview (resized).jpg
    mypinballmachines_(resized).png
    3365955277_08666766b1_o_(resized).jpg
    LandOLakesPostcard_(resized).jpg
    pin_postcard_(resized).jpg
    Ice-Show_(resized).jpg
    old_arcade_2_(resized).jpg
    fair2_(resized).jpg
    fair_(resized).jpg
    Close_(resized).jpg
    row_(resized).jpg
    MysteryGame_(resized).JPG
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

1962 Williams Friendship 7 and Vagabond. Must have been an AAB state.

#52 8 years ago

Anyone have an opinion on Vagabond? I have heard some good about it, but IPDB reviews are mixed. I don't put too much stock in pinball ratings, but specific comments from folks on the EM forum are worth considering. (Look at the current top EM games on this site) They come up for sale here once in a great while, but don't see them on people's wishlist, etc. Usually roached glass/cabinet.

#53 8 years ago

Well done Alex!
    Both are quite rare, but down under? must be super rare!
    Hope these are still around somewhere.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Anyone have an opinion on Vagabond? I have heard some good about it, but IPDB reviews are mixed. I don't put too much stock in pinball ratings, but specific comments from folks on the EM forum are worth considering. (Look at the current top EM games on this site) They come up for sale here once in a great while, but don't see them on people's wishlist, etc. Usually roached glass/cabinet.

Never played one and it seems to be an elusive title. I'd like to give one a whirl as well.

1 week later
    #55 8 years ago

Here's my garage game room during a PITA rearrangement job, let's see what you got... (Some early-SS mixed in, bonus points!)

There's a total of eight here, one body can't be seen so it's only the head and can be fairly well seen, the other 7 are assembled completely or have their bodies shown (likely with it's head somewhere around too)

Checking my collection is cheating!

mypinballmachines_(resized).pngmypinballmachines_(resized).png

#56 8 years ago

I can identify a few. Gottlieb Magnotron, Williams Flash, Gottlieb Wild Life, Gottlieb Super Soccer (or Soccer), Gottlieb Airport.
    That's what I could get without cheating and looking at your collection list.

#57 8 years ago

I recognize Gottlieb's Jungle/ Wild Life.

#58 8 years ago

Williams "Flash".

#60 8 years ago

Just saw the backbox, 2 player so it's Wild Life.

2 weeks later
    #61 8 years ago

Just saw this pic of an old bar scene in Madison WI. Is there enough showing to identify?

#62 8 years ago

Got to love the shotguns on the wall.

#63 8 years ago

Yes, the Wild wild (mid) west.

1 year later
    #64 6 years ago

Resurrecting this old thread. Saw this cool pic on Shorpy. One of my favorite places to kill some time. See if you can name this pin in an old diner (1940). I have no idea.

Larger version here.
    http://www.shorpy.com/node/22973?size=_original#caption

SHORPY-8b19476a.preview (resized).jpgSHORPY-8b19476a.preview (resized).jpg

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

See if you can name this pin in an old diner

It is a 1 Ball, Horse Racing pay out machine. There is an extra door at the bottom of the front of the game. There were many of these made during the decade of the 1940's. I could not find it on IPDB. Since the back box is smaller it could be from the 1930's.

#66 6 years ago

What is french fried popcorn and what are those tubes of PHOS behind the counter girl?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

What is french fried popcorn and what are those tubes of PHOS behind the counter girl?

Apparently they deep fry the popcorn kernels. No idea what PHOS is. I've had a few machines that were POS though.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Resurrecting this old thread. Saw this cool pic on Shorpy. One of my favorite places to kill some time. See if you can name this pin in an old diner (1940). I have no idea.
    Larger version here.
    http://www.shorpy.com/node/22973?size=_original#caption

Bally 1937 'Arlington'.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#69 6 years ago

Nice! I had a feeling either you or one of a couple other guys would get it.

#70 6 years ago

You may ask yourself, Why would they call it Arlington? Was a track I used to got to back in the '70-'90's. Opened up in 1927.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arlington_Park

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

You may ask yourself, Why would they call it Arlington? Was a track I used to got to back in the '70-'90's. Opened up in 1927.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arlington_Park

Yep, Horseracing was the sport of the rich. Bally then President Ray Moloney used to bet on the ponies at times. The track is still owned by Richard Duchossois who is like 96 years young.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Yep, Horseracing was the sport of the rich. Bally then President Ray Moloney used to bet on the ponies at times. The track is still owned by Richard Duchossois who is like 96 years young.

Duchossois sold it to Churchill Downs in 2000. I have a lot of great memories about this track. After the fire in '85 and during the rebuild, my brother along with about four friends were paid $300 each to replace every bulb in the TV board. They had to do this under the cover of darkness starting at 1:00am. Duchossois didn't want to pay union electricians to replace the bulbs.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

what are those tubes of PHOS behind the counter girl?

My guess is some kind of pre-war version of alka seltzer.

Or maybe even-
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphate_soda

#75 6 years ago

Attractive machine but wow, $4500?

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Duchossois sold it to Churchill Downs in 2000. I have a lot of great memories about this track. After the fire in '85 and during the rebuild, my brother along with about four friends were paid $300 each to replace every bulb in the TV board. They had to do this under the cover of darkness starting at 1:00am. Duchossois didn't want to pay union electricians to replace the bulbs.

Classic Duchossois. I recall the Churchill Downs deal was a "merger" and the Duchossis family still has like $6-7M ownership in the COmpaNy. This is after the cash payment Dick received and after selling boatloads of shares.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-for-fun-name-that-em-pinball-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.