You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3269.JPG
IMG_3232.JPG
IMG_3234.JPG
#1 12 years ago

I was kinda inspired by cointakers BSD at expo so I went with blue gi. I love how it turned out thought Id see what you guys think

IMG_3234.JPGIMG_3234.JPG IMG_3232.JPGIMG_3232.JPG IMG_3269.JPGIMG_3269.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Looks good. I like the blue.

#3 12 years ago

Looks great! I've always wanted to play one of those. It's Alvin G, right?

#4 12 years ago

Looking good

#5 12 years ago

Looks super.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Looks great! I've always wanted to play one of those. It's Alvin G, right?

Yep Alvin G. Ive only had it about a month but I love it,great light show and sounds. It needs 2 more reviews here to be considered in the rankings so if anybody is near Genoa Il and wants to play it get in touch with me

#8 12 years ago

Not sure I'd have gone with blue, I quite like the warmth the lighting has on this one as standard. However - did you put LEDs in the backbox? That's something I've been thinking of to reduce the temperature changes on the backglass. Mine has a couple of small spots of delamination, someone has clearcoated it to stop any more. Be nice to reduce the risk.

#9 12 years ago

I think it looks awesome .What style of LED did you use for the G.I. Would like to know exact bulb type and what company. The red looks very cool. Thanks. I have been messing around with color changing slow/fade.Under the saucer of AFM there are two plastics I put ciontaker44 color changing slow/fade there it looks cool.On my STTNG back-box I used two 555 color changing slow/fade behind the picture of the Enterprise. I wish I could play your cool pinball good job.

#10 12 years ago

Ive been looking for a MC for months....If you get tired of her, let me know please.

3 months later
#11 12 years ago

This game is high on my list of "needing to play". New lights look incredible!

#12 12 years ago

That looks nice. I definitely want to LED my MC playfield now! I did the backbox a few years ago to reduce the strain on the power supply board/GI connector (Alvin G loaded that circuit pretty heavily and the connector or board is commonly burnt)

At any rate, I've been happy with how they looked in the backbox, and I always wondered how the playfield would look with LEDs.... Thanks for sharing!

#13 12 years ago

Sorry a bit OT but anyone have thoughts on Alvin G's Al's Garage Band goes on a World Tour?

#14 12 years ago

I Never even Knew this Pin existed !! Look's to Be Cool !!! You Should do a Video of Yr's and Load it onto You_Tube.. There's Only 1 video of Mystery Castle to date.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Sorry a bit OT but anyone have thoughts on Alvin G's Al's Garage Band goes on a World Tour?

It's not a bad game at all. I had to sell mine a few years back to pay some bills, but I'd love to find another one.

The video mode is decent and the music/sound effects are great. Gameplay is okay and there's a nice wizard mode as well.

That dang "CD spinner" gearbox always seemed loud and annoying though...

#16 12 years ago

Lol. Poor robertmee.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

The_Dude_Abides said:Sorry a bit OT but anyone have thoughts on Alvin G's Al's Garage Band goes on a World Tour?
It's not a bad game at all. I had to sell mine a few years back to pay some bills, but I'd love to find another one.
The video mode is decent and the music/sound effects are great. Gameplay is okay and there's a nice wizard mode as well.
That dang "CD spinner" gearbox always seemed loud and annoying though...

After watching the youtube video the cd spinner did seem loud and obnoxious. Reminds me heavily of the spinning soccer ball on World Cup Soccer which always seems to piss me off. I really want to play this Al's Garage Band game as well. Upper mini guitar playfield? I'm in!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from TheStranger:

I really want to play this Al's Garage Band game as well. Upper mini guitar playfield? I'm in!

Sadly, that guitar upper playfield really has nothing to do on it. There are just 3 rollover switches at the bottom for the ball to hit....that's it! While it looks neat, it's a hugely wasted piece of playfield real estate.

#19 12 years ago

Alvin G's Punchy The Clown anyone?

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from TheStranger:

Alvin G's Punchy the Clown anyone?

It's not bad either. I bought one for the kids (at least that's what I told my wife ), but I play it more than they do.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Lol. Poor robertmee.

Sigh....

#22 12 years ago

man that pin look cool, yeah i also never knew this pin existed.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

That looks nice. I definitely want to LED my MC playfield now!

Thanks I couldn't get LEDs to work in any of the controlled lights just the GI. I love your collection you have some very interesting machines.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Never even Knew this Pin existed !! Look's to Be Cool !!! You Should do a Video of Yr's and Load it onto You_Tube.. There's Only 1 video of Mystery Castle to date.

That's actually the video I put up. I'd love to do a better one at some point. I have been holding out to try to get my roms upgraded first. I think Mystery Castle is off the freagin' hook! After years of ownership I still play it very frequently and always get a good adrenaline rush from it! Here's a shameless plug for my little Alvin G website...

http://www.tristatechapter.com/arcade/alving/alving.html

There's also a new Michael Gottlieb interview at www.pinballcountry.com where a lot of age old Alvin G questions get answered. It's looking almost certain there was only ~200 Mystery Castle's made.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Thanks I couldn't get LEDs to work in any of the controlled lights just the GI. I love your collection you have some very interesting machines.

Thank you, I'm glad you like my collection!

Interesting info on the controlled lamps. I knew Capcom machines have some issues with LEDs, but I had never heard about this on Alvin G's. I'll have to look into this.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There's also a new Michael Gottlieb interview at http://www.pinballcountry.com where a lot of age old Alvin G questions get answered. It's looking almost certain there was only ~200 Mystery Castle's made.

Thanks for the heads-up, Brian. I knew Bret was getting close to releasing the first portion of the interview, but I didn't know it was out yet.

Cool stuff for us Alvin G nuts! And yes, I'd agree that this was somewhat the confirmation we were looking for on the MC production number. I can't wait for parts two and three of the interview!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-finished-mystery-castle-led-install and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.