• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Geremy13
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Just finished ACDC Canon Mod.........

I am so happy. I have my ACDC personalized as I like, have done many extra's to it, but have had a hard time finding the Canon that I wanted for shooting the ball........

And now I have it. I have been looking for this particular mod for 1-1/2 years (because I like to take the idea and make it my own) and finally found a supplier, and then just did it tonight.

Drilling, cutting, re-drilling, re-cutting, measuring, and then testing. All is complete now.

As you may imagine, I am a very happy camper.

The fella that I used to make this project posted his own on youtube and HE must get most of the credit. So here it is:

I don't know who this is, and many have done it before I am sure, but finally I have done it as well.

#2 9 years ago

Did you put leds in it ? Mine has a red one for the wick , and one at the tip , and a yellow flasher in the main area. What colors did you use to paint it . Did you go rustic brown....or did you go with the red wheel and black frame route ??

#3 9 years ago

That is awesome. That looks like it should have been that way from day one which makes it a great mod.

#4 9 years ago

Probably my favorite mod for AC/DC, the original cannon is just fugly

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Did you put leds in it ? Mine has a red one for the wick , and one at the tip , and a yellow flasher in the main area. What colors did you use to paint it . Did you go rustic brown....or did you go with the red wheel and black frame route ??

Well Howdy ModFather, haven't spoken in a bit. I will have to say that I'm still impressed with the Castle Walls on the WOZ and seems to be THE best mod I've done on that one so far. And as you recall I was on the fence with this one. But anyways, just expressing my gratitude.

Now, having said that I can only imagine that you did your own Canon as well and built it the way you like it. For me, I haven't put LED's in it (yet). It is stock paint at this point. My goal yesterday was to get it installed and working, cut up properly, perfectly and mounted in a working position. I am very happy. I remember this Mod showing up 1-1/2 years ago and have been trying to purchase it ever since. Only problem was locating it at MY price. We are a Chinese importer and still could not find it anymore. And I remember the price just for the toy going up from $20 - $100 in short order and I wasn't going to do that. So once I finally acquired the toy, it sat in my office for 2 weeks. So yesterday was the day to put my skills to work. And yes, it looks good. Will be doing the LED's in the future.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Probably my favorite mod for AC/DC, the original cannon is just fugly

I will agree 100%. And now this Canon makes me want to play the game more, if nothing else just to see that it continues to work properly and 'clears' that bottom ramp. And everytime it does, I get twice the pleasure, from hitting the target, and enjoying the Mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-finished-acdc-canon-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.