dorky-nerd-wig.jpg
IMG_0969.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg
IMG_0965.jpg
the_pin.jpg
image.jpeg
date.jpg
met_decal.jpg
There are 424 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

This is unreal, hope Stern figures it out.

All Stern seems to have figured out is people will keep spending more money on crappier made products.

So far it has served them well. Why would you expect them to change when people are still throwing their money at games nearly sight unseen?

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

My boss talks about the wheel bearing on his tahoe going out about every 50k miles. I'm on my 2nd toyota, didn't have any issues like that.

Toyota is the official vehicle of Isis.

Serious fundamentalists wouldn't be caught dead driving any other brand.

isistoyota2.jpgisistoyota2.jpg

#403 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpegHate to disagree with Vid, but many are driving hummers now!

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

My boss talks about the wheel bearing on his tahoe going out about every 50k miles. I'm on my 2nd toyota, didn't have any issues like that. My corolla was 9 years old, 190k miles, other than normal wear items the only issues it had was a misfiring cylinder and it burned a little oil (but ran fine, just didn't pass emissions). There are just some car companies that just don't have a clue how to build a good reliable car (Chrysler comes to mind).
» YouTube video

I've replaced bearings in both Honda car and Van. The only real annoyance to me was replacing engine mounts in the Honda Odyssey. It's expensive and something I don't think of as wear and tear, but apparently it is a thing. In fact Toyota Camry is famous for having engine mounts go bad as well. Even worse, both Camry and Sienna models contemporary to my Hondas were famous for engine sludge issues. This is a nice resource to identify common issues particular to a vehicle model and year when purchasing used: http://www.carcomplaints.com/

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

My boss talks about the wheel bearing on his tahoe going out about every 50k miles. I'm on my 2nd toyota, didn't have any issues like that. My corolla was 9 years old, 190k miles, other than normal wear items the only issues it had was a misfiring cylinder and it burned a little oil (but ran fine, just didn't pass emissions). There are just some car companies that just don't have a clue how to build a good reliable car (Chrysler comes to mind).

I'm tearing down a 2.7l Tacoma with bad balance shaft bearing right now. The engine thats supposed to go 200k before its even broken in. Under 100k and had Mobil 1 change every 3-4k miles. Every company builds dogs.

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

image.jpeg Hate to disagree with Vid, but many are driving hummers now!

Maybe the only buyer GM could find for all the left over 2009 Hummers was Isis.

I smell a big endorsement deal should GM ever start making them again...

#407 8 years ago

Unfortunately, they didn't buy them....

#408 8 years ago

Off topic much?!

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Unfortunately, they didn't buy them....

Maybe GM gave those Hummers to Isis for free.....diesel being $8 a gallon now that Syria got rid of all the subsidies.

#410 8 years ago

We gave the hummers to the Iraqis for nothing , they gave them to Isis when they ran.

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Off topic much?!

Something has to keep this lame ass topic alive. It a #%[*^ STICKER!

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

We gave the hummers to the Iraqis for nothing

At least we got rid of them.

hummer-vs-school-bus_600x0w.jpghummer-vs-school-bus_600x0w.jpg

#413 8 years ago

Ha! You're correct there! Can't afford o keep em.

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

At least we got rid of them.

hummer-vs-school-bus_600x0w.jpg

At least we now know that the kids in the back of school buses are safe from being crushed.

#415 8 years ago

by shipping hummers there, it's a way to make sure they run out of oil before we do. They will suck it down faster than anything else. Should send them some escalades too, and all our other shitty gas guzzlers.

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe GM gave those Hummers to Isis for free.....diesel being $8 a gallon now that Syria got rid of all the subsidies.

A lot of hummers were illegally exported to China just before they went belly up. I know a guy...

#417 8 years ago

So, I just tried Super 77 on the small corner that was peeling. I sprayed some into a paper cup to get an appreciable volume and then applied to the side of the back box with a q tip. I then smoothed the corner back in place. Unfortunately, after about an hour, the corner peels again, and the decal looks a little wavy in that place. I also tried this on a few of the edges that were peeling, but I can't get good adhesion. Any tips?

At this point, I think I'm going to ask Stern for new decals, but I'm really not sure I'm capable of applying them in a satisfactory way.

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

At this point, I think I'm going to ask Stern for new decals

I would contact Stern, and see what other ideas exist in this forum and at Stern. Surely some kind of glue will have adequate properties for this task.

Quoted from Nokoro:

but I'm really not sure I'm capable of applying them in a satisfactory way.

Well, I don't think Stern really has this down yet either, hence this thread

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

At this point, I think I'm going to ask Stern for new decals, but I'm really not sure I'm capable of applying them in a satisfactory way.

If you apply them dry using the decal's own glue, you shouldn't have any problem. Just make sure the surface is clean, and use 93% alcohol as the final step before applying the decal.

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you apply them dry using the decal's own glue, you shouldn't have any problem. Just make sure the surface is clean, and use 93% alcohol as the final step before applying the decal.

That's 196 proof. How much do you have to drink???

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What about avoiding wrinkles? I'm just worried that I'm going to end up with something that looks worse than I already have.

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What about avoiding wrinkles? I'm just worried that I'm going to end up with something that looks worse than I already have.

Go slow and use one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/ABN-High-Quality-Decal-Squeegee/dp/B00I4CLY6A/

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

That's 196 proof. How much do you have to drink???

Actually, it's 186 proof - you might ask yourself the same question!

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, I just tried Super 77 on the small corner that was peeling. I sprayed some into a paper cup to get an appreciable volume and then applied to the side of the back box with a q tip. I then smoothed the corner back in place. Unfortunately, after about an hour, the corner peels again, and the decal looks a little wavy in that place. I also tried this on a few of the edges that were peeling, but I can't get good adhesion. Any tips?

77 spray is for temporary adhesion, 90 spray is permanent. Try the 90, I use it in my woodworking business to very good results.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 424 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-fell-victim-to-stern-qc/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.