(Topic ID: 56712)

Just decided that Lord of the Rings is...

By Kingoftron

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0403.JPG
image.jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

...my favorite movie(s), score(s)/soundtrack(s), and pinball machine. And I'm drunk.

#2 10 years ago

Not a bad trio. Change that to Indiana Jones and you have mine. And I'm high.

#3 10 years ago

It took me 3 years to get one in here and I love it.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

As long as its Williams!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It took me 3 years to get one in here and I love it.

Coaster if you even think about selling that LOTR
we are gunna do an intervention on your @ss
Pinside style

#6 10 years ago

I'm stoked.
Pin road trip tomorrow to get a LOTR.
Played it a few times already without knowing the rules and it's done nothing for me.
Now that I've read them, I can't wait to put some games on it.

#7 10 years ago

LOTR is a great combination from a movie, soundtrack, and pin perspective.

If they made a Blues Brothers pin, I'd be joining you on the favorite movie, soundtrack, and pin rejoicing.

Notice: I did not say movies. Blues Brothers 2000 is an abomination. Let's not even talk about it.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Keep rubbing it in how Colorado is light years ahead of the binge drinking wife beating Midwest.

Out there you get parks & weed

Out here there's a DWI pulled over every few miles & no parks.

Stupid Colorado hippies with your Subarus & Cheeba Hut sandwiches!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Keep rubbing it in how Colorado is light years ahead of the binge drinking wife beating Midwest.
Out there you get parks & weed
Out here there's a DWI pulled over every few miles & no parks.
Stupid Colorado hippies with your Subarus & Cheeba Hut sandwiches!

Hey now we have meth and Forest Park, so don't get all boo hoo on us!!

I am in Colorado right now as a matter of fact and they have a hell of a lot more pinball machines than Missouri as well.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Hey now we have meth and Forest Park, so don't get all boo hoo on us!!
I am in Colorado right now as a matter of fact and they have a hell of a lot more pinball machines than Missouri as well.

Forest Park... Where doctors meet hookers.

Meth... If only casual use were possible lol

Colorado pinball... Man we got CP in the MO so we win!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

...my favorite movie(s), score(s)/soundtrack(s), and pinball machine. And I'm drunk.

No jackpot points awarded unless you've read the hard copy of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.

#13 10 years ago

Love LOTR pin and books. As TSPP, it's my favorite TV/cartoon/Stern.

#14 10 years ago

LOTR is staying. WOZ is staying. Metallica prem is home tonight and so far so good

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

LOTR is staying. WOZ is staying. Metallica prem is home tonight and so far so good

Hellz yea..... Coasters back!!

#16 10 years ago

It doesn't get much better than lotr

#17 10 years ago

LOTR has been in my collection longer then 20 some odd other pins. One pin to rule them all!

#18 10 years ago

I like it too but try a Metallica which I played tonight and rocks with ton of shots.

#19 10 years ago

I hate posts like this right now. I have a LOTR on the way. It's been sitting 4 hours away from me for 5 days now.

I'm starting to get the shakes...

Knowing my luck, it will show up with a lift truck fork hole through the cab....

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

I hate posts like this right now. I have a LOTR on the way. It's been sitting 4 hours away from me for 5 days now.
I'm starting to get the shakes...
Knowing my luck, it will show up with a lift truck fork hole through the cab....

Sounds like a quick pintrip is order. You could have it home by later this afternoon/evening.

And, yeah, we love our LOTR. Getting a couple of transistors replaced on the board today so we will be back in order. We've missed it for the last few weeks (blown flipper transistor...don't do long ball cradles as this is a known possibility which I did not realize until it happened to me).

#21 10 years ago

....IMHO, the best pin ever. not sure how the nay sayers ,well, say "nay". Perhaps not knowing the tolkien series could make a slight difference but other than that , it has great shots, a great ruleset and great flow. the multi balls are awesome as well as the callouts. Can't see how it will ever leave my collection.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Sounds like a quick pintrip is order. You could have it home by later this afternoon/evening.
And, yeah, we love our LOTR. Getting a couple of transistors replaced on the board today so we will be back in order. We've missed it for the last few weeks (blown flipper transistor...don't do long ball cradles as this is a known possibility which I did not realize until it happened to me).

I wish. It's sitting at a NAVL hub. I'll get it this week.

Thanks for the heads up on the transistors!

#23 10 years ago

I am beginning to get tired of my LOTR (LE). Playing it seems more of a feat of endurance than fun. Actually thinking of selling it and getting the Metallica LE that my daughter wants. Although nowhere near as deep I think that in my collection, Metallica would get more play.

#24 10 years ago

the movies suck.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

....IMHO, the best pin ever. not sure how the nay sayers ,well, say "nay". Perhaps not knowing the tolkien series could make a slight difference but other than that , it has great shots, a great ruleset and great flow. the multi balls are awesome as well as the callouts. Can't see how it will ever leave my collection.

I'll second that!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

blown flipper transistor...don't do long ball cradles as this is a known possibility which I did not realize until it happened to me).

exactly, happened with my xmen, had a great game going and took what l considered a short phone cradling a ball on my left flipper. Thought l burnt up the coil but just that transistor.

#27 10 years ago

a great pin

#28 10 years ago

I thought you sold your WOZ??

#29 10 years ago

No jackpot points awarded unless you've read the hard copy of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.

In my drunken stuper I totally for got mention the books themselves! Does this earn me Super Jackpot points?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from justonemore:

exactly, happened with my xmen, had a great game going and took what l considered a short phone cradling a ball on my left flipper. Thought l burnt up the coil but just that transistor.

Unfortunately, I too fell victim to the phone call/left flipper cradle/blown transistor. No more phone calls while playing!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

LOTR is staying (until I sell it next week).
WOZ is staying (until I sell it next month).
Metallica prem is home tonight and so far so good (until I trade it for my 5th TFLE).

#32 10 years ago

drunk picture posting.......cheers

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

In my drunken stuper I totally for got mention the books themselves! Does this earn me Super Jackpot points?

Why, yes. Yes it does!

#34 10 years ago

LOTR is the one pin that I want back. LOTR's ruleset is spectacular as well as quick well thought out layout. I need to get one back.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

.my favorite movie(s), score(s)/soundtrack(s), and pinball machine. And I'm drunk.

The Getaway, TFTC, and Judge Dredd are my favorite "drunk" games.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I thought you sold your WOZ??

Decided to keep it around for a while and see what the code becomes. I'm learning from my past not to get to quick about selling them.

#37 10 years ago

GWEEM I actually do have a soft spot for TF LE. I could own one again. I could.......

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

the movies suck.

I never watched the movies until last summer and I've never read a full book since high school. I have to say at the end of the last movie when they whistled for the dragon to pick them up. I thought, WHERE THE HELL WAS THE DRAGON 9 HOURS (movie watching time) ago. Couldn't they have just asked for a free flight from the beginning?

#39 10 years ago

The very odd trio. Don't hate

IMG_0403.JPGIMG_0403.JPG

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I never watched the movies until last summer and I've never read a full book since high school. I have to say at the end of the last movie when they whistled for the dragon to pick them up. I thought, WHERE THE HELL WAS THE DRAGON 9 HOURS (movie watching time) ago. Couldn't they have just asked for a free flight from the beginning?

What dragons? You mean the Eagles?

#41 10 years ago

90,000 right....... now.

#42 10 years ago

Eagles meagles Dragon shmagons. Ya see I was so like "WTF" I forgot. In all honesty I bought the blu-ray set and watched them all in two days and they were pretty good. love the pin.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Hahaha, first and foremost, they were eagles. No worries, you're forgiven. As to why they didn't just fly Frodo in from the beginning, I've heard every reason imaginable. Let's see, there's the one about how the mission needed more stealth than the eagles could have provided, that the eagles wouldn't go near Mordor with Sauron around, that the eagles only assist with smaller matters, etc. But even as a huge fan, I have no issue admitting that they're just a device used to get them out of danger and the whole thing would have been pretty boring if they just flew the whole way in.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Decided to keep it around for a while and see what the code becomes.

I bet the person who bought it was pissed!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I bet the person who bought it was pissed!

No, it was GAP and he was absolutely cool about it. I had a deal with him for Metallica and it was very fair. When I got cold feet I was honest and just bought Metallica instead. He was very understanding about it.

Quoted from Kingoftron:

Hahaha, first and foremost, they were eagles. No worries, you're forgiven. As to why they didn't just fly Frodo in from the beginning, I've heard every reason imaginable. Let's see, there's the one about how the mission needed more stealth than the eagles could have provided, that the eagles wouldn't go near Mordor with Sauron around, that the eagles only assist with smaller matters, etc. But even as a huge fan, I have no issue admitting that they're just a device used to get them out of danger and the whole thing would have been pretty boring if they just flew the whole way in.

LMAO!

#46 10 years ago

Got my LOTR on Sunday and had a chance to play a few games Sunday night. Although I'd read the rules, there was too much going on for me to understand so it's was "so-so" as far as first impressions go.
I tweaked the settings mostly to factory, but included a ball saver and re-read the rules again.
Played a couple games yesterday and attempted to destroy the ring twice in two different games. Didn't quite finish it in either game.
Of course, I have yet to complete a single mode, or complete any of the multiballs.

One thing I love about the pin is your ability to enjoy multiballs and modes without having to complete them. Of course, if you want to reach Valinor, you do have to complete them eventually, but until then, it's simple enough to put some time in, hit a few modes, bash a balrog or two, see a couple multiballs, and still feel like you've made some headway.

The more I play and understand the rules and what's happening, the more I like it.

#47 10 years ago

brilliant game......love the ramp and the ball going behind the pf, it has so much to offer and delivers on all fronts!

#48 10 years ago

Love my LOTR as she sits right next to my WoZ. Love the deep rule set and call outs, follows the movies pretty dam good. However if you are going to see the movies, be sure to watch the directors extended versions, much of the storyline and material was removed from the standard movies theatre versions.

#50 10 years ago

not on this post.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-decided-that-lord-of-the-rings-is and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.