(Topic ID: 196539)

Just came across this... (news about John Trudeau)

By bangerjay

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,376 posts
  • 361 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    John-Trudeau-signs-first-Ghostbusters-flyer (resized).jpg
    trudeaurighthanded (resized).jpg
    IMG_2410 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2408 (resized).JPG
    untitled1-300x232 (resized).jpg
    bettyboopangel (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    oj (resized).jpg
    pez SIJ (resized).jpg
    noting (resized).png
    i like to play a little game (resized).jpg
    dude (resized).jpg
    imagesASDNT90Q (resized).jpg
    more witches (resized).jpg
    Trudeau-court (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#10 6 years ago

Does Stern let someone else redesign his next game from scratch?

#16 6 years ago

If I were Gary, I'd have his things packed and let someone in IT go through his work computer.

Then put a different designer on his game.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

makes me wonder if this was legit situation, or if he had stuff on there that just looked like it. There is plenty of sites with chics in their 20's but try to look like they are 15. When I my web filter job, it was my job to find and track all that stuff, and there was a bunch you would swear were 13-15 range. Then you find out later from other sites, that they are internet queens that have their own sites and actually 20 years old. Wonder what triggered his investigation?

I'm sure the police are careful in their investigation. If they are wrong, they just ruined an innocent man's life.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm taking no sides on this thread but.... This is a totally ignorant statement. how many people exonerated with DNA evidence so far that the police did 'careful investigation' on?

They had to get a search warrant.

In order to do that, they needed to present evidence to a judge.

Trudeau is still sitting in jail.

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Which is any different from exonerated people released from 30+ years of imprisonment.... How... Exactly?
    Stuff like this is exactly why his life is over regardless of the outcome. If it goes to trial, all they have to do to get a conviction is show that mug shot, and guys like you will step up and say 'he wouldn't have been arrested if he wasn't guilty' and 95 percent of the jury will be ready to convict before the opening statements are done. There's no justice in that, and regardless of charges I won't support the views of anyone that says otherwise. If it gets past a grand jury, where the state has to show a compelling amount of evidence to move forward with prosecution, then there is a whole discussion to be had. Until then, you don't really know WHAT has gone on and making any assumptions isn't very wise. Even if it never goes to trial his pinball career is over. Even if it goes to trial and somehow he is judged not guilty his career in pinball is over.

I deal in a factual world. They confiscated his computer.

If I'm on the jury and they show images on his computer, he's guilty. If there are no images, then they will dismiss all charges.

In order for the police to get a warrant, they must show probable cause. They must have something, otherwise, they couldn't get a warrant.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/search-warrant-basics-29742.html

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Being accused is not evidence of guilt.
    Being arrested is not evidence of guilt.
    This thread so far has no information suggesting he is guilty.
    After you evaluate the evidence then you can make an informed decision about whether he did anything wrong. Until then it's just speculation.

Speculation?

- search warrant issued
    - computer taken by police
    - arrested
    - sitting in jail waiting a bond hearing

Police don't accidentally arrest someone in cases like this.

This isn't a case where DNA evidence will exonerate someone. The police were obviously watching his ISP address.

#357 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

None of the above is evidence of guilt. When a case is argued in court evidence is presented. Evidence like the images he's accused of possessing.
    Fanning the flames of mob mentality with unjustified conclusions is harmful to society and you should stop it. When you have evidence he has done something wrong please post it.

Explain to me how I'm fanning the flames?

Here are the facts:

- search warrant issued
    - computer taken by police
    - arrested
    - sitting in jail waiting a bond hearing

What is factual incorrect on what I wrote?

#468 6 years ago

If anyone can answer, will the audio from his court appearance be online?

#617 6 years ago

If people want to sell their Trudeau games, then that is their right to do that. I don't agree or disagree with that action because it is a very personal decision.

I'd be lying if I said I don't feel right about having Ghostbusters in my house.

#627 6 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I understand how it could feel unsettling. This is a crime that's absolutely bottom of the barrel disgusting and disturbing... it's 100% natural to feel repulsed by any association to it. Especially in a situation where one aspect of that association is a physical object that you own.
    Keep in mind, the soul of any game associated with JT is built around an entire team of folks. In the case of Ghostbusters, yes JT had a say in the physical dimensions of the shots. But you can guarantee that decisions made about the game's ultimate design and composition involved lots of experts. Your experience playing the game is driven by its amazing art, sound, light show, rules that guide how you play the game, mechanical parts that are born from decades of use across the industry, and a theme that's the creation of Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd... etc. Those elements that aren't the born from JT's mind. In fact, one could argue that a combination of sound, dots, art, and rules draw you into the game more than JT's arrangements of shots.

Trudeau's signature is on the playfield.

#634 6 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I get what you're saying, but you're going to have to focus on the rest of the machine's aspects. It's a Stern game made by a Stern team. Yeah, Trudeau was part of that team... but I'd be willing to bet Gomez had a final stamp of approval on bringing that game together. Lots of very talented people have their finger prints all over it.

Who does Stern send out to the shows to talk about the machines? The head designer.

#931 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

That guy in your avatar kept slaves based on race.
    Morality is always relative to the epoch in which you live.

By the end of Washington's life, he was against slavery. In his will, they were freed. While he and his wife were alive, they couldn't set the slaves free due to that practice being illegal.

http://www.mountvernon.org/digital-encyclopedia/article/george-washington-and-slavery/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-came-across-this?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.