New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 10270)

Just brought home The Getaway...$600

By FlipperMagician

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by FlipperMagician
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

The_Getaway_016.jpg
The_Getaway_014.jpg
The_Getaway_013.jpg
The_Getaway_012.jpg
The_Getaway_011.jpg
The_Getaway_009.jpg
The_Getaway_008.jpg
The_Getaway_015.jpg
The_Getaway_006.jpg
The_Getaway_005.jpg
The_Getaway_003.jpg

#1 8 years ago

The cabinet has seen better days but is acceptable. The playfield looks good so far, we shall see how it cleans up. There was a inch or two wide blip in the DMD, fiddled with the ribbon cable and now looks good. Other than that no apparent electrical problems yet, but I've only played a few games.

For $600.00 I am super stoked, first pin I can scratch off the wishlist and a good deal. I'll try to post some before an after pics of the playfield.

#2 8 years ago

Wow, nice price! Grats!

#3 8 years ago

good price

#4 8 years ago

Fantastic price and just a great game as well. Congrats!

#5 8 years ago

good pin for a nice price. good job! Pics?

#6 8 years ago

Holy S! 600, that is a steal. get those pics up.

#7 8 years ago

Here's a few pics

The_Getaway_003.jpg The_Getaway_005.jpg The_Getaway_006.jpg The_Getaway_015.jpg The_Getaway_008.jpg The_Getaway_009.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Few more.

The_Getaway_011.jpg The_Getaway_012.jpg The_Getaway_013.jpg The_Getaway_014.jpg The_Getaway_016.jpg

#9 8 years ago

nice, about half of market value in that condition, winning!

#10 8 years ago

Real nice. Good one!

#11 8 years ago

Nice score,I like hearing about the deals that our Pinside group finds and then brings home.

#12 8 years ago

wow insane deal!

#13 8 years ago

Thanks everyone, like I said I am stoked on the deal I got. CL does come through sometimes, and I was losing hope with this one!

I emailed last Sunday and again Tuesday, finally got a response the following Friday night. Left him a phone message and figured it was sold until he called back this morning. Asking price was $850 in the ad, and he told me $600 on the phone. I arranged with a buddy with a truck to help me pick it up within 2 hours of that.

#14 8 years ago

Nice grab, what a deal. HSII is a great game, was my third pin purchase ever!

#16 8 years ago

playfield looks great, cabinet seen better days. Cabinet isn't nearly as hard to fix up

#17 8 years ago

I'll give you $600.01. Nice find.

#18 8 years ago

Some elbow grease and a credit dot and she will be a great player. Good grab.

#19 8 years ago

Nice purchase. For $600, heck, I'd call that a steal.

#20 8 years ago

how in the HS2 is like almost $2k. Great deal and doesnt look bad a tall! have fun doing loops!

#21 8 years ago

Wow that's a great deal. Even better the DMD didn't have issues. Enjoy!

#22 8 years ago

Great game, fantastic deal!

#23 8 years ago

Great deal in California! There are some deals there after all.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Great deal in California! There are some deals there after all.

Hee Hee, there are deals absolutely. You don't even want to know how much my Austin Powers was. I was on vacation and had to stuff it in the back of my wagon before they changed their mind!

#26 8 years ago

Saw that one on CL it was up for longer than I expected. That one was in Orcutt right? Was still for sale as of Saturday good snag!

#27 8 years ago

nice find

#28 8 years ago

Congrats, glad it went to a good home. I saw it in on the Santa Maria CL and thought about snapping it up but it was raining this last weekend and I have a truck, so I didn't want to take the trip from Los Angeles....and I probably don't need another project at the moment
Enjoy it!

#29 8 years ago

Very nice pick-up, FlipperMagician! That explains why the seller did not contact me on Saturday or Sunday. Good fortune that he didn't ask me for a competing offer -- I would have paid more than $600. Enjoy!

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That one was in Orcutt right?

Yes.

Quoted from mminnoch:

Good fortune that he didn't ask me for a competing offer -- I would have paid more than $600. Enjoy!

Indeed, I am glad he contacted me, I really did want this one. I would have paid more also, but when he told me straight up that was his bottom line price, I couldn't see the sense in offering more, and did not try to beat him up an offer less as it was a steal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside