Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_3145.JPG
IMG_3142.JPG
IMG_3138.JPG
IMG_3136.JPG
IMG_3134.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loppydog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi guys. I just got my Family Guy all setup and now I am putting some plays on it. I have wanted a FG for a while now and I found a deal that was too good to pass up.

I want to give a BIG shout out to Pdxmonkey. He found this deal for me and was really nice to work with. I look forward to future transaction with him.

Now, on to the details. The game is in pretty decent shape for a route machine. One problem is the DMD, I am pretty sure it is bad. I will be looking to buy a new/barley used DMD if anyone has any thoughts on where to locate an affordable one.

One other problem is some scoop wear. I plan on putting a Cliffy here to keep it from getting worse, but I may try to repair it in the future.

The last issue is a bit more serious. On the play field where the "n" is in "pinball", is a small divot. It has taken out the insert decal with it. If you run your finger over it you can feel that is is pretty deep (maybe into the plastic on the insert). I am wondering what you guys would do in this situation? Would you try to repair it, or just play it the way it is.

Oh yeah, it also need a new piece of glass. This one is pretty badly scratched.

Here are some pics:

IMG_3134.JPGIMG_3134.JPGIMG_3136.JPGIMG_3136.JPGIMG_3138.JPGIMG_3138.JPGIMG_3142.JPGIMG_3142.JPG IMG_3145.JPGIMG_3145.JPG

#3 10 years ago

Haha yeah, and my wife is not thrilled with me at all! I really don't have any room for it in my house and it is just kinda in the middle of a room right now. I have to spin it around to find room to get the play field glass out.

#8 10 years ago

I think it's just time to buy a giant house. Then the games can have their own room.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks guys. I also wanted to mention that I stopped by Coin Jam in Salem on the way home. For anyone in the area I highly recommended checking that place out. The food looked awesome. I wasn't very hungry at the time, so I didn't try anything, but I was eying everybody else's.

The pins that I played were in excellent condition and had easy replays. They have a super nice Cactus Canyon, and I spent a lot of time on that. They also have a WOZ, which was the main reason for me stopping in. The nice guy that worked there gave me a few free credits after I told him That I drove a long ways to play it. The game was super fun, but very short ball times. Just like everyone else is saying, it is so dark it is impossible to see your ball anywhere near the flippers. The room was pretty well lit too.

#15 10 years ago

After playing it for a while now, I can see what people are talking about the rules being too easy by default. A couple things I can see myself changing very soon....I do not like having the death post up so much, it feels like it is up more than it is down. I also don't like having the death target up every time I plunge, it makes the super skill shot more difficult. I do not like how easy it is to get into Stewie Pinball, it should feel like an achievement not a chore. Stewie Pinball also "blocks" TV modes, which drives me nuts when I accidentally hit the captive ball(activating SP) while trying for the scoop for TV mode. All in all, I am loving it though. The call-outs are so well done!

Also, on a completely different subject, what is the best way to purchase a cliffy? I have contacted him through his site, but if I remember correctly sometimes people have trouble getting responses.

#18 10 years ago

Thanks Mustang. What is the best way to go about filling in the wood? And also after repairing it, would I need to apply some clear to those areas? If so what is the best way to go about applying clear to one small location?

Also, I would kinda like to touch up the paint a little right in the front of the scoop...any suggestions there?

#20 10 years ago

Thanks trilogybeer, it looks like they also have the DMD I need for $159. I wonder if this is a decent price for this item? I might as well wait until my shopping list is finished before placing an order.

I am thinking about contacting my local glass shop for the play field glass. I think I just need a 43" x 21" x 3/16" tempered sheet correct?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from balloukevin:

my wife is not thrilled with me at all

I can't hardly blame her.....it was pretty stupid picking up another machine knowing fully that I had no place to put it.

#28 10 years ago

I just removed the mini play field so I could clean everything under it. I have now cleaned all flipper assemblies including the mini ones. Man those little guys now have soooo much more power! The mini ball is a little out of control now (in a good way).

I also decided to remove the post between the captive balls. After playing it for a while this way, I have decided this was the way it was intended all along. The gameplay is so much smoother now and getting to Stewie Pinball is now quite an achievement. I also get more chances to play the TV modes. The ONLY thing I don't like it that there is always one captive ball that does nothing when you hit it. It feels very "dead" without a ball behind it. Every other setting is at default.

#31 10 years ago

Thanks for the tip, I will check that out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loppydog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-brought-home-my-second-pin?tu=loppydog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.