Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by DCFAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I've been looking for a nice one for about a year, and I found it this weekend; 8 miles from home. It's in the garage now with a light bulb keeping it warm. The friend who normally helps with the stairs into the basement is out of commission after bringing in Christmas decorations.

I just wanted to share my excitement/impatience with someone who understands.

#2 12 years ago

Cool pin!!!!

#3 12 years ago

nice pickup. great game!

#4 12 years ago

Herg, I'm 20 min from stone ridge. If you want I can come by tomorrow night and help you bring it in. We have friends in that area we need to go see anyways. Can't tonight or I would. I have a nice dolly.

#5 12 years ago

Hi Herg. Congratulations. Did you buy it from the guy that also had the TOM for sale? If so, how does that one look? I may be interested in the TOM.

#6 12 years ago

Great pin! Fill it full of CoinTaker Super Brights and you'll have yourself a real looker.

#7 12 years ago

Congrats! nice pin. Great gesture the_pin.

#8 12 years ago

I've been helped on this site so much I would love to pay it forward.

#9 12 years ago

the_pin_family,

Thanks for the offer. I have a few more friends I plan to ask, but if they're unavailable, I might take you up on it.

DCFAN,

Yes, they still had a TOM and a Harlem Globetrotters. The machines belonged to the husband, who's now unable to play them. The wife is selling them.

The TOM is not as nice as the HS2, but it's still above average playfield. Small cracks around the inserts, but no chipping, and no other playfield wear that I saw. Cabinet was a little beat up. I'd call it a 7. The trunk had a corner broken off. A few broken plastics. I didn't play it, but she said while her husband was there, they had the machines serviced once a year, and the HS2 shows it. It's not worth the $4750 asking price, but I didn't have the heart to tell her.

#10 12 years ago

Thanks for the info on the TOM. I don't think I want to go for that title unless it is in really good shape. I would much rather have a SM or TOTAN near that price.

#11 12 years ago

If you don't get any help, it can be done alone with a dolly that has straps on it....rent one?

#12 12 years ago

If I was 7 years younger I would be quickly offering to help you get that machine in its rightful place, especially since I am just a few miles east of you. However, in 2005 I started to have back problems and have to be real careful about lifting things. My left leg will go numb sometimes if I am not careful. There are so many things around the house that I used to do that I have to think twice about now before attempting.
Sorry, I am of no use.

#13 12 years ago

I own a dolly with straps, but I must not have Gorilla strength. I haven't attempted to take one down solo, but I did try going up a single stair by myself, and it was too much. Seems like less risk in just showing some patience and waiting for someone to help. It's relatively easy with two people.

DCFAN,

For that price I'd consider selling my TOTAN. Of course, it's not worth that much, and I'd have to get more than it's worth to sell it.

#14 12 years ago

I got one down stairs myself but did have back box off. Strapped to HF hand truck. It's doable but not fun.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from herg:

the_pin_family,
DCFAN,
Yes, they still had a TOM and a Harlem Globetrotters. The machines belonged to the husband, who's now unable to play them. The wife is selling them.
The TOM is not as nice as the HS2, but it's still above average playfield. Small cracks around the inserts, but no chipping, and no other playfield wear that I saw. Cabinet was a little beat up. I'd call it a 7. The trunk had a corner broken off. A few broken plastics. I didn't play it, but she said while her husband was there, they had the machines serviced once a year, and the HS2 shows it. It's not worth the $4750 asking price, but I didn't have the heart to tell her.

How much do you think that TOM was worth? I may go check it out.

#16 12 years ago

My best estimate on the TOM would be $3700. The PF is very nice, but it's not CQ, which it would haveto be to go for $4750.

BTW, I still need to move the HS2, but I had a change of priority. My wife and I got our first baby 5 weeks early. Both baby and Mom are doing well, but the pinball machine can stay in the garage for a few more days.

#17 12 years ago

Congrats herg! I think your priorities are exactly where they need to be right now. Enjoy.

#18 12 years ago

Congratulations Herg. That is great news.

Also, thanks for the info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.50
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-brought-home-6-getaway-hs2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.