You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

heebie_jeebies-984.jpg
image-193.jpg
dannyvermon.jpg

#1 8 years ago

So I have been looking for a reasonable priced machine for my first pinball. It turned out to be fish tails. It will be dropped off in two weeks after the owner has it shopped can't wait. Any suggestions or comments on how to play is much appreciated.

#3 8 years ago

Fun game! Good luck and Welcome!
faz

#4 8 years ago

Thx for the welcome, I will definitely check out the tutorial.

#5 8 years ago

I was looking at whitewater but could not pass up fish tails for the price.

#6 8 years ago

What's the next game going to be? =)

#7 8 years ago

I'm thinking of a newer game.

#8 8 years ago

Why can't I just have one game? Lol

#9 8 years ago

Welcome to the asylum! How well I remember thinking, "I'll just have a couple pins. That will be enough."

#10 8 years ago

I have a few pinheads, and they both said I will end up with more than one machine. They are wise men.

#11 8 years ago

Pinhead friends, to clarify my last post.

#12 8 years ago

I had one pinball once too.......

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_rookie:

That's the question of a century, it just seems to be impossible to stick with one only.

Congrats and welcome to the addiction

#14 8 years ago

Congrats and enjoy.

#15 8 years ago

Great choice! FT is a blast! It was my first (12 years ago), and will never leave my collection. Enjoy!

#16 8 years ago

Welcome and remember the old Lays potato chip ad....ya can't have just one. I started with just one a year age and look at me now. But it's oh so much fun.

#17 8 years ago

Congrats on the first pin and the new Fish Tales! Do a search for the "Caster's Club" thread for a thread devoted to your first pin.

FT's is a nice combination of challenge, speed, and fun. It'll punish errant shots at the ramps and captive ball! Have fun and don't be afraid to ask "stupid" questions. Having said that, don't be afraid to work on your pin yourself, but know your limits too. If you are over your head, you can turn a simple fix into a bigger issue.

#18 8 years ago

PARTY!!

#19 8 years ago

I will end up with more than one machine.

When that happens you may have to change your pinside name.

#20 8 years ago

In the first year I went from 1 to 4, and then in the next year 6 and I built a Virtual Pinball machine, and got a pachinko machine, and.....

#21 8 years ago

For your first pin, you picked a good one.

And now the sickness begins!

#22 8 years ago

Congrats! FishTales is a great machine. Just fyi.....can't have just one...they seem to multiply quickly

#23 8 years ago

Awesome first pin! Welcome to the caster's club.

#24 8 years ago

I was just getting one as well. I always wanted a pinball....first one was 9 months ago! I have just ordered my 5th. What ever you do don't put them together they breed.
Congrats on first pin FT is a good first pin. I suggest you learn how to maintain it...keep it clean to prevent PF ware.

#25 8 years ago

congrats mate..good pick up...

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I had one pinball once.......

dannyvermon.jpg
#28 8 years ago

good choice for a 1st pin.

welcome to pinball, sorry about your wallet.

#29 8 years ago

Fishtales was one of my first games too and I really regret getting rid of it. Enjoy yours and welcome to this hobby!

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I was just getting one as well. I always wanted a pinball....first one was 9 months ago! I have just ordered my 5th. What ever you do don't put them together they breed.
Congrats on first pin FT is a good first pin. I suggest you learn how to maintain it...keep it clean to prevent PF ware.

Wow they breed. Can I cross my Earthshaker with RFM? That would be a bad ass machine!

#31 8 years ago

welcome to the sickness, my friend.

#32 8 years ago

Get used to grabbing the ball on a launch for a quick cast to the ball lock. Very satisfying to begin the game with a multiball and three flips!

If it is anything like BSD with the lightning flippers, get good at ball control!

#33 8 years ago

Truthfully 3 or 4 pins is reasonable with 6 being plenty.
That being said I now have 24!!! Doh!!!

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

Welcome to pinball. Sorry about your wallet.

Few people know that Dan McLean also wrote a song about pinball titled The Day My Wallet Died.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

What's the next game going to be? =)

I just figured this quote out. lol

#36 8 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the hobby. Heed what everyone is saying. One WILL NOT BE ENOUGH! I just started last September. Now have three pins, on my 5th title. It's addictive!!!

#37 8 years ago

Time to get your first upgrade...ColorDMD for FT. Color is coming here in June.
Picture posted today on their FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/colordmd

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

dannyvermon.jpg 7 KB

Johnny Dangerously reference. Nice.

#39 8 years ago

Haha, well you just CAN'T

Read this thread one year from now, and you get a nice shuckle reading this back

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Johnny Dangerously reference. Nice.

The setup was too perfect.

#41 8 years ago

Congrats on the new machine.
Since you will no doubt be typing the name a lot here on the boards, it uses Tales not Tails.
Not trying to be a spelling Nazi or anything, just trying to help out.
Fish Tales is one of my favorite pins with a great rule set.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Wow they breed. Can I cross my Earthshaker with RFM? That would be a bad ass machine!

Caught my TZ and Met the other night. Can't wait for the offspring! Tallica Zone!image-193.jpg

#43 8 years ago

Caught my TZ and Met the other night. Can't wait for the offspring! Tallica Zone!

That's a scary thought. Even worse is those two toppers having hooking up. Feels like a Chucky-meets-Freddy kinda moment.

Pass!!

Going to happy place.
faz

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

That's a scary thought. Even worse is those two toppers having hooking up. Feels like a Chucky-meets-Freddy kinda moment.
Pass!!
Going to happy place.
faz

Faz

Topper on met is not the cat you can see....it's similar to the one on TZ. One says Greed (TZ) the other Envy (met). There gargoyles. Cheers

#45 8 years ago

Welcome to pinside and congrats on your first game. FT is a fast and fun game. Always fun.

practical steve gave you the best way to learn rules... PAPA vids

Agree with all others welcome to the addiction.

#46 8 years ago

Topper on met is not the cat you can see....it's similar to the one on TZ. One says Greed (TZ) the other Envy (met). There gargoyles. Cheers

I knew the critter on TZ was a grotesque... ( I always got creeped out by them since I was a kid ).

I thought that was Sparky sitting atop Metallica. Can you imagine Sparky with wings and fangs?!?!

One...maybe even TWO cans get opened for this one.
faz

heebie_jeebies-984.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!