Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just sent the wire transfer to cointaker for a NIB Metallica pro. Words cannot express my excitement! I know I will prolly get flak for supporting stern with their unfinished code but its a chance I guess I am willing to take. I have faith they will finish it and if they don't thats on me.

Im really excited I will get to play a proper machine. Every machine in my area is maintained by one operator and they are all so awfully maintained, it makes pinball in general look very bad. Every machine is covered in gunk on the playfield, from not being cleaned. I played an IJ4 the other week by them, one flipper rubber was red, one was black and one of the flippers would get stuck in the up position after the button was pushed, until the ball came back down and and hit the flipper back down, then you could use it again.

So far for the machine I have already gotten a complete set of cliffys, and some odds and ends from pinball life, like new balls, extra set of rubbers, a novus 3 pack and so on. Soon will be doing leds also.

#2 10 years ago

Congrats, and welcome to the addiction! Metallica is a great machine...don't let anyone tell you different.

#4 10 years ago

Congrats. Ask for a counseling gift certificate for Christmas. Welcome to the addiction.

#5 10 years ago

I feel your stoke!

I just scored myself a Spiderman and now Im waiting for it arrive. This is my second machine, but Im just as pumped as if it were my first.

Metallica is a sick game. Priced right with a with a great layout IMO. Its only goong to get better with developments!

#6 10 years ago

You're hooked........good luck with your addiction.Have fun with your new toy.

#7 10 years ago

I got myself my first pin (NIB TSPP)in Dec 05. Found another at a thrift store while waiting for delivery. $200 nice Top Card, and the ball got rolling. Make some room for more. I know the hard way. Welcome to the ride!

#8 10 years ago

congrats! no matter what you tell your wife, your second game is not far away now.

#9 10 years ago

Welcome to the sickness

#10 10 years ago

Welcome aboard, it's a fun ride!

#11 10 years ago

Welcome! Two tips:

Trust everybody when they say this is only the beginning. We all speak from experience.

When you get your Novus 3 pack, just put the Novus 3 far away in the garage somewhere. You do not want to mistakenly use that on a NIB machine

#13 10 years ago

Metallica is a great game! You will love it!

#14 10 years ago

Congratz, what a great 1st pin. Have fun.

#15 10 years ago

Something to do while you're waiting for your pin to arrive:
Figure out which one you're buying next.
: )

#16 10 years ago

Congrats. Stay excited. Invite everyone you know to come play. Make the game easy enough for all to get through the modes, and play the crap out of it!

#17 10 years ago

Love that game! Be ready to be bit by the bug, you will be buying more!

#18 10 years ago

Congrats start making room for the next one.

#19 10 years ago

Congratulations!

And condolences - Pinball machines are like Lay's potato chips. You can't just have one.

#20 10 years ago

We sold 2 today at Top Score. Great game!

#21 10 years ago

awesome game to start with.
If you stay in the hobby, be sure to keep it. What I wouldn't give for my first Whirlwind that started me in the hobby!
CONGRATS!

#22 10 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

I know if i do get another machine, because of the limited space i have i will have to sell this one. Which we will cross that road when it comes lol.

#23 10 years ago

Ha..check out the light mod from pinball refinery for the PF.. I saw at the SPF and it looks very good and worth the 40 bucks.

#24 10 years ago

Grats on the purchase! I just got one from Pinball Refinery and the game is a blast.

I think pinball machines breed like rabbits...two then four...

#25 10 years ago

Welcome to the house of fun. The inmates are jumping for joy to welcome another member to our happy home.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I know if i do get another machine, because of the limited space i have i will have to sell this one. Which we will cross that road when it comes lol.

Time to start knocking out walls! You never use the dining room anyway, do you?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

WHAT?? Room for only one? Time for Add-A-Room!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

WHAT?? Room for only one? Time for Add-A-Room!

i am one of the 3 legs of gary sterns 3 legged stool. the guy who is in his 40s (except im only 25 lol) and only has room for one machine LOL

#29 10 years ago

The more that own a pinball, the merrier! Congrats on the pin! I'm trying to fix one right now for a neighbor's 1st pin.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

i am one of the 3 legs of gary sterns 3 legged stool. the guy who is in his 40s (except im only 25 lol) and only has room for one machine LOL

well, say goodbye to the sofa.

#31 10 years ago

Sell all your furniture and make room for the growth of the pinball collection!

#32 10 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! I love playing Metallica - think I'll go and play it again at the bar down the street now actually I can only get around 160M so far. I don't really know the rules/scoring but just learned about Seek and Destroy which is a fun mode to get to (although I typically drain RIGHT AFTER I START IT

#33 10 years ago

Yes congratulation on your first machine

#34 10 years ago

Get out while you still can.....you check in but you'll never check out. LOL! Welcome to the club.

#35 10 years ago

congratz.

excellent first choice pin.
take lots of pix when it arrives & post here

#36 10 years ago

Congrats on your first pin!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-my-first-machine-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.