• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi!
I am new to pinball and new to the site! This is a very cool website.

I just bought my first pinball too! I ended up scoring a Williams Time Warp from Craigslist for $1200. I negotiated the guy down from 1800. What a great hobby, I cannot wait to get this thing up and running.

#2 10 years ago

Quite the first machine!
Bet it won't be the last.
Welcome to the club.

#3 10 years ago

Congrats have fun this is indeed the greatest pinball site

#4 10 years ago

Thanks! I used to play alot when I was a kid, and I always wanted one. Now I can't stop looking on the internet for another.

#5 10 years ago

Post something this time next year, I wager you'll have 4 machines.

#6 10 years ago

Hey Elmo!
Welcome to the Time Warp club.
Great old game. Does yours have the banana flippers?

#7 10 years ago

Welcome to pinside

#8 10 years ago

Thank you. Sorry, I am pretty new and I dont know if they are special flippers, i think my machine has the regular ones since one has a DE stamped on it. I actually need to buy another since my machine is missing one. The guy said it was an easy / cheap fix. Where is the best place to get another flipper?

#9 10 years ago

sweet! congrats

#10 10 years ago

Congrats! You can find flippers at Marcos and loads of other dealers. Have Fun!~SpOoKy

#11 10 years ago

Welcome to the addiction!

#13 10 years ago

Wow! Marcos has alot of parts! I also need to buy 3 pop bumper lids for my game. There are a few other parts missing, but that is what I used for negotiating. Do you guys know where I can find the pop bumper lids and a new speaker since my sound does not work. The previous owner said that i needed to put in a new speaker for the sounds to work. I cannot wait!

#14 10 years ago

Time Warp originally came with curved, banana shaped flippers.
You can replace those with regular straight ones. Some people hate the curved ones, I like them.
The curved ones are harder to find as replacements.
Try pinballlife.com or marco specialties.

#15 10 years ago

Welcome and congrats on your new machine! I just started into this hobby myself within the last couple of months and I've already purchased my 2nd machine. So be forewarned.....it's an addiction.

Good luck and enjoy!

#16 10 years ago

My advice, being a newbie nine-month machine owner--be patient, there are LOTS of machines out there and like all collectibles, condition is EVERYTHING. I jumped into my second machine--a '65 Williams EM San Francisco--that was a cheap CL find and in hindsight I'm regretting it a bit. I'll likely have as much in the restoration as it's worth and that's not including any of my time . . . I've gathered that's what we do here.

I've been using The Pinball Resource (www.pbresource.com) for my parts and they've been very helpful and patient. You will likely find that there's not a single source who offers everything you may need.

#17 10 years ago

welcome to the addiction. is it a project machine you need to clean up? my first one was too and it can be pretty satisfying.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Post something this time next year, I wager you'll have 4 machines.

Only 4? I'll take the over.

#19 10 years ago

Any game is a good first game ... welcome to the fun

#20 10 years ago

Welcome to the hobby!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#21 10 years ago

Getting a pinball machine is like getting a pregnant rabbit. Start figuring out where the rest are going to go. Welcome to Pinside; enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

750 (Firm)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-my-first-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.