• Latest reply 8 years ago by mfresh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CowPokeInst.jpg
IMG_8766.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DirtFlipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

The main problem I have now is a loud buzzing coming from the backbox. I think it is coming from near the score reels, and I think it is related to the tens score reel but I am not sure. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Need to narrow down which coil or relay is stuck on first, and then can debug further. Check the points relays (N, M, L), and see if one is stuck on. But don't leave it on too long or the coils will get too hot.

#17 8 years ago

The Ball Release coil is activated by the Trough switch, and a normally closed switch on F. So as long as F isn't activated, the trough switch closing should be enough to release the ball, except... F is activated by the Trough switch!

F is held activate until either:
- score motor 1B switch opens
- switch on V relay opens
- make/break switch on K switches (to close the path to F)

V activating would be the normal path. It's activated also via a switch on F, and normally closed switches on H, I, and at score motor 1C.

So check if V is activating, and if it isn't, check the switches on the path to V. You'll see them on your schematic at about 12E.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

Any idea why tapping the coin door would trigger the ball release (without decreasing the Balls To Play count)?

It might be vibrating the trough switch? Hard to say, as there's nothing on the coin door directly that's in the path.

1 month later
#25 8 years ago

And the pop bumper relay is not energized when the ring is stuck down?

#29 8 years ago

Can try swapping plungers/stops with another pop bumper that's working too, and see if the problem stays or follows them. Or, a new combination may just work.

#32 8 years ago

Completely different circuits, so no, not really.

Just your basic voodoo then.

3 months later
#35 8 years ago

Have you confirmed that the coil itself in the V relay is still able to work? (energize). If you press it by hand and it causes the score motor to run, but V doesn't lock on, that may suggest the coil itself isn't able to energize. (Although I've not looked at the schematic yet to even see if V has a lock on path.)

But if it worked for 10 games, and then the coil failed, that would be one possible way to fit the symptoms.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DirtFlipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-my-first-em-cow-poke-help-needed?tu=DirtFlipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.