• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yoko2una
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Howdy folks,

After having owned more the 70 machines over the last 20 years, I finally bought my 1st ever brand new game, a Godzilla premium. I plan on installing mylar flipper button protectors and likely a shooter lane protector, there may be a time in the near future when it will go out on location so I would like to do what I can to keep it protected. Does anyone have suggestions on what else I should do?

Thanks

#2 1 year ago

New balls and play!

#3 1 year ago

Acrylic washers under sling plastics to prevent breakage?

#4 1 year ago

Congratulations! Cheers - I hope to join you one day soon.

#5 1 year ago

Check the software version.

#6 1 year ago

Congrats! Enjoy it.

Check the balls when they come out of the box to make sure they are smooth, do a once over on it when it comes out of the box.. I would put cliffys on it as well.

JJ

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

Howdy folks,
After having owned more the 70 machines over the last 20 years, I finally bought my 1st ever brand new game, a Godzilla premium. I plan on installing mylar flipper button protectors and likely a shooter lane protector, there may be a time in the near future when it will go out on location so I would like to do what I can to keep it protected. Does anyone have suggestions on what else I should do?
Thanks

I put mylar around the magnet under the bridge and also a rubber dot under bridge to keep it from breaking the magnet plastic. 1200 plays later, still looks new. You can shim the coil as well, dot is easier and works perfectly.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Check the software version.

I already set it up on my wifi and it has already performed an automatic software update, so all good there! Thanks for the info regardless.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put mylar around the magnet under the bridge and also a rubber dot under bridge to keep it from breaking the magnet plastic. 1200 plays later, still looks new. You can shim the coil as well, dot is easier and works perfectly.

What kind of rubber dot do you mean? Haven’t heard of this!

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What kind of rubber dot do you mean? Haven’t heard of this!

Funny, both private collections closest to me that have a GZ Prem have the plastic over the magnet broken. I was wondering what was happening since both breaks look identical.

Guessing an adhesive rubber dot on the under side of the bridge will absorb impact when the bridge collapses. If so, OP should consider it as well as it’s certainly a thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-my-1st-new-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.