• Latest reply 5 years ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0758 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hi all, I am new here on Pinside. I figured I better join since I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time here. I recently purchased a Capcom Pinball Magic at a local auction. I got it at a pretty good price since no one even knew it was there. I was looking at the auction listing one day and could see it in the background of one of the pics. It was covered up and hardly noticeable. I wasn't sure what game it was until I got there. I didn't have time to do research so I just bid and took a gamble. I have read good things about it since, although I am wondering if this was a good choice. It seems they are somewhat rare and it may be hard to obtain parts. Off the bat I can see it needs a new Top Hat and the chest is missing. Other than that, the overall condition looks pretty good. I turned it on and have seen a few other issues such as the left flipper sticks up, the door for the chest keeps going up and down, the wand moves but I don't know if the magnet is working. I will need lots of help and a source for parts soon. I want to take this thing apart and do it right. I will post pics and beg for help along the way. I look forward to getting feedback from all of the members. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

IMG_0758 (resized).JPGIMG_0758 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

This pin is at my local arcade. I dig it. I suck at it though.

#4 6 years ago

Congratulations, welcome !

#5 6 years ago

Check Pinball Spare parts in Australia for parts.

Check the magic wand connectors. Every Pinball Magic I'd seen has a problem at one of them Two wires into one pin in a connector. I don't recall the wire colors. One wire is stripped and the other isn't, eventually leading to some problems with the wand.

LTG : )

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I will try looking at the wires on the wand. Any suggestions on why the chest door keeps going up and down? It does stop once the game gets going.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

Any suggestions on why the chest door keeps going up and down?

Switch issue. Game doesn't know if it's up or down.

Or ball trough connector issues. Capcom used tiny ones, a source of grief. I cable tied them on so I wouldn't have the problems.

LTG : )

#8 6 years ago

Nice game, welcome to the hobby. You are in the right place.

#9 6 years ago

I will get looking at the switches as well. One more thing. Is it best to start a new post for game relTed issues? Or do I just use this post? Thanks.

#10 6 years ago

Might be best to find a local tech and have them go through it

#11 6 years ago

Join the pinball magic club ... Lots of advice and support there !

#12 6 years ago

Hey congratulations! Nice title to start with, welcome to the sickness!

#13 6 years ago

My favorite pin in my 40-pin collection. I have a spare trunk, I think. I like to keep parts on hand, but you need that trunk more than I do. LMK what else you need.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

My favorite pin in my 40-pin collection. I have a spare trunk, I think. I like to keep parts on hand, but you need that trunk more than I do. LMK what else you need.

Thanks Pinlawyer, PM sent!

#15 6 years ago

I really like that game and I've only been able to play it at a couple pinball shows - really appreciate when someone brings a game like that to a show.

Happy for you and also somewhat envious... nice detective work in your story!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#16 6 years ago

never mind sorry wrong topic

#17 6 years ago

congrats on your new game!

There is a lot of information to be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club

11 months later
#18 5 years ago

Is this one of the fastest games out there, mine plays like baseball with the ball often airbourne, got a rob zombie which is also fast but not as quick as this, how I like it

#19 5 years ago

another place for parts RTBB also arrakissin on the site he had a flipper football hhe was parting out alot of the mechs are interchangeable

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from pumba:

Is this one of the fastest games out there, mine plays like baseball with the ball often airbourne, got a rob zombie which is also fast but not as quick as this, how I like it

I have pm and it won't go, but I would not call it the fastest game out there by any means. Been awhile since I played bbb, but of the production capcoms I'd say it is slowest with breakshot and airborne having a more flowing and faster experience.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-capcom-pinball-magic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.