(Topic ID: 318619)

Just bought a used Rowe change machine...and have some questions

By Blenderhead

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Howdy folks,
    Just got an older model Rowe International change machine (model number BC-11D) from an auction last weekend. I plugged it in and tested it, and it works, with the exception of dispensing too many coins intermittently. I did a search on Google and come up empty as far as being able to acquire a manual for this model. Anybody out there have some knowledge with these units and can share with me?

#2 1 year ago

You will want to start with cleaning the coin drop LED/optos. Each hopper feeds into a bucket which holds a certain amount of coins. At the entry to this hopper will be a led (Red or IR, depending on age) or a light bulb. On the other side will be a receiver opto. Clean these. USUALLY the machine has software that watches for multiple drops or incorrect coins dropping in, but I'm not sure how old the 11D software is, it may not be 100% on watching.

If you clean them and they're still miscounting, check that you're using proper sized coins for your hoppers, and potentially clean the hoppers. Sometimes two coins can stack and be lifted up and fall into the bucket if you're using coins that are too small, etc..

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

You will want to start with cleaning the coin drop LED/optos. Each hopper feeds into a bucket which holds a certain amount of coins. At the entry to this hopper will be a led (Red or IR, depending on age) or a light bulb. On the other side will be a receiver opto. Clean these. USUALLY the machine has software that watches for multiple drops or incorrect coins dropping in, but I'm not sure how old the 11D software is, it may not be 100% on watching.
    If you clean them and they're still miscounting, check that you're using proper sized coins for your hoppers, and potentially clean the hoppers. Sometimes two coins can stack and be lifted up and fall into the bucket if you're using coins that are too small, etc..

Thank you for your response. After work to today I need to figure out how to release the hopper, I just took delivery late last night

#4 1 year ago

There's an actuator on the back of the hopper motor that stops the armature suddenly. If broken, the motor will run on causing it to dispense an extra coin or two.

Funny thing is, that people seldom complain when they get 5 quarters for a buck!

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from tullster:

There's an actuator on the back of the hopper motor that stops the armature suddenly. If broken, the motor will run on causing it to dispense an extra coin or two.
    Funny thing is, that people seldom complain when they get 5 quarters for a buck!

Thanks, I’ll check it out once I figure out how to take the hopper out!

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

Thanks, I’ll check it out once I figure out how to take the hopper out!

If I remember correctly, you should be able to tip it forward probably 60°, pull up and to the left to get it out.

4 weeks later
    #7 1 year ago

I have figured this thing out, been on location a few weeks and doing good. I cleaned all the mechs and cleaned the path where the coins pass through. Had to reset it more then once after setup at location, but it started working normally and been good since

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-a-used-rowe-change-machineand-have-some-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.