(Topic ID: 105253)

Bought a Corvette :D! Continual updates in this thread.

By NewPinOwner

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Snurdley
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images-240.jpeg
058.JPG
Left_Wall_RT_66_Cliffy.jpg
Ball_Eject_Cliffy.jpg
10462463_10152562961533710_415613162256118844_n.jpg
20141005_200749.jpg
20141005_200814.jpg
20141005_200739.jpg
20141005_200553.jpg
20141005_200535.jpg
20141005_200611.jpg
20141005_200802.jpg
20141005_144047.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

You know, I have got to stop watching Bowen's PAPA videos. They are getting me in so much trouble D:.

The damage this time: a B/W Corvette!

20141005_144047.jpg

Now, let me just say this: Corvette has been a bit of a unicorn for me for a couple years now. There's something about it I have always loved. Excellent PF toys with the LT5 engine and dragstrip, beautiful use of the color palette, fun shots, good flow, solid callouts - just an overall win to me.

20141005_200802.jpg

I am a huge sucker for the guitar music in this game; it is very reminiscent of Car and Driver music from the early 90s whenever a new car would debut on the show.

I mean really, this game just doesn't look 20 years old to me. The only thing that really dates it is the fact the model years conclude at 93-94, but you know what, that doesn't really bother me. To me, this is miles ahead of any other car theme pin out there. Mustang could learn a LOT from this game, and they had 19 more years to do so ....o_O

20141005_200611.jpg

So, I was blessed enough to purchase this machine from fellow Pinsider, PinB. Super-nice guy, very down to earth and a pleasure to converse pinbits from war stories and past purchases to lessons learned and future plans ahead. Outstanding examples of pins in his collection, and he gave me a VERY fair price on this pin - $2500 for those of you wanting to know.

20141005_200535.jpg20141005_200553.jpg

So what did I get for $2500? Well, first an absolutely stellar example of Corvette. Everything on the PF was in super nice shape. Main plastic ramp is flawless - no cracks or fogging at all. LT5 engine runs solidly, drag strip works 100%, and zero credit dots.

20141005_200739.jpg

Also, cabinet art is in spectacular shape with zero flipper button wear. Very minor scratches on the left side of the backbox art, but hey, who is going to see that?

20141005_200749.jpg

Also, got an external Polk subwoofer as well as a WrongProductions glare guard. Pin was also fully decked out in CT LEDs including the flashers.

20141005_200814.jpg

Took a nice 4.5 hr drive each way, and the drive was pretty easy with my wife keeping me company. PinB was absolutely outstanding to work with on every level. Buy with super confidence; he is a 5/5 seller.

Already fixed the "8x" light; it just had to be tweaked after going up the stairs. Got two lights on the dragstrip Christmas tree to fix really quickly, but other than that - beautiful example of Corvette. Looks great in the room with the others !!!

We're up to 5 now o_O!!!!!

#6 4 years ago

All right, so the first thing to fix is the top row of the Christmas lights on the drag strip. Let's jump on in!

From here on, this thread will be a repair thread of things I fix as I go. I'll create other threads for my other games as they happen.

Part 1: Introduction of problem

#7 4 years ago

Part 2: False positive: IDC Connector not the real problem....

Part 3 will be a bit more thorough, so don't look for it until tomorrow. I'm letting it upload overnight.

#16 4 years ago

Part 3 - Fixing the Real Problem - Cold Solder Joints

and Part 4 - Re-installation

My videos are in real time and I tend to ramble as I work. Don't know if that's good or bad at this point .

#17 4 years ago

Fixed the "8X" light for good now. Parts 1 through 5 are up.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

One tip - iron to solder joint, let it heat up and *then* apply the solder.

Hey John .

So, for the line I quoted, you heat your "to be soldered" surface up first, then put solder on your iron, and then apply it to the surface? Just want to make sure I am following !

Quoted from mbt:

I love my Corvette too. I have had it since 1999, and it isn't going anywhere! I also added the prototype drop targets which helps to slow the game down a bit. I can dig up the details if you are interested. And on another note, has anyone ever gotten the car wash bonus mode? I see it listed in the audits, but I have never figured out how to get it!

Yeah, I would be very interested to see anything that was a prototype in this game! Had no idea it once had drop targets! Didn't know about car wash bonus mode either - very cool stuff!!! I haven't dug around in the audits enough yet .

1 week later
#25 4 years ago

Got some tough parts to find on eBay. Guy was parting out a machine, and wow, these are in exceptional condition. Got the dual motor driver board and the entire Christmas light assembly, PCB boards and all.

Normally, I am not a hoarder. I DO recognize hard to find parts, and when they come up - snatch!

Christmas tree assembly was $20, driver board was $30.

Boom

Shakka

Lakka.

10462463_10152562961533710_415613162256118844_n.jpg

1 week later
#26 4 years ago

Added the Cliffys today for the ball trough eject on the Route 66 ramp. Now both sides of my Route 66 ramp are covered! Game came with a cliffy in the Pit, thank goodness. Also have inlane cliffys, so we're all good now !!

Also, adjusted the "drop gate" on the back of the engine. For my game, with the lock enabled, the ball was flying through the engine, which made multiball a bit difficult to obtian. The back engine gate mechanism is VERY similar to the left ball gate on BSD. I just took the arm and gently bent it toward me so the spring had less tension and the drop gate hangs lower now to stop the ball when locks are enabled. Now the balls get locked, and they pass through when locks are not enabled.

Love this game, man. What a sleeper from B/W.

Ball_Eject_Cliffy.jpg

Left_Wall_RT_66_Cliffy.jpg

2 weeks later
#29 4 years ago

It is a very cool game. A bit all over the map and a lot of toys in a very condensed area. You have to really keep your eye on the ball. It is super fast and vicious. I like the one ball saver only rule, that is pretty cool and different.

Not an extremely deep pin, but the last couple of cars to collect are brutal - at least for me with my limited pinball abilities.

#31 4 years ago

Thanks guys! If all goes well, I should have my FS thread for RFM up later today!

4 months later
#33 4 years ago

It is well worth it my friend. PinB had LEDs already installed in this Corvette, a CT kit no less, and man does it pop!

#36 4 years ago

^^^^ DUH .

#42 4 years ago

Uh oh....!!! We got a throwdown!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside