Cabinet Left.JPG
Backbox Left.JPG
Backbox Right.JPG
Cabinet Front.JPG
Safari (Bally 1966).jpg
Translight.jpg
Broken Plastic.jpg
Playfield Damage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bribo13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

You need one of these to make it AAB.
ebay.com link » 1960s Bally Em Pinball Add A Ball Relay Scarce Item

DON"T DO THAT !!!!!

AAB are horrible , if you have any pinball skills you will hate add a ball games, they never end. Never convert the game from it original state, and no LED's Ever ! if it is a replay leave it as you found it.

AAB are great for the player with less skill but when / if you acquire true pinball skills you will rue the day you bought an AAB.
Truth !

Brian

#31 9 years ago

I just looked at you Pictures, Did you buy this from Big Toys in sterling heights MI ? if so I played this very machine, it is in very nice playing condition and the playfield is very nice. I was in there a couple weeks ago picking up some lamps and gave their inventory a work out. That is a fun game and you should enjoy it . I love early 60's Bally pins some of them are pure evil and will beat you like a dog . This table is fairly chalanging to put big scores up on . you will learn the shots after awhile , but unless you are a pinball God this game should challenge you for awhile.

Enjoy it

Brian

#40 9 years ago

Well my Friend if I had any I would send them your way. I am perhaps a far better player than most others are. I play the AAB machines at our club and at my friends homes and they are not fun most of the time I just turn them off to end the game. the worst is Neptune, it literally could go on forever .
I think that the DMD age players like the AAB pins because the games on these EM's last forever like the game times on DMD do. not much skill required to win on most DMD's either , just simply keep the ball in play is about all required on the modern games.
another couple of AAB turds are Rock star, gold strike , the list goes on. the only AAB games that are Challenging are the early 1960's titles with the 2" flippers and the huge out lanes.

So smile all you want and play your 45 minute EM games , as they say to each their own but IMO AAB machines are the stepchild in the pinball world.

Replay Rules

Enjoy your AAB and I will do the same with my replay .

Brian Lenker
Ortonville MI

#44 9 years ago

It is a personal thing to me. I keep my Gottlieb EM's at 8 degree pitch . and my Bally's at about 5-6 degree pitch. I also like my older Bally's to be on " High Tap " to boost the pops and slings play .

But some games need more pitch, nothing worse than a slow roll.

Lets see some pics and a game report once you get it set up and have played it for a while.

Good luck and have fun

Brian

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I would assume they packed it so the back of the head is facing the bottom of the cab. the bump on the top looks like where the shooter rod would be. It's hard to tell any of this for sure.
I would not lie it down at all. I would move it just as it is sitting in the picture.

+ 1

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bribo13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-a-bally-safari-1968?tu=Bribo13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.