View topic image gallery

image-142.jpg
image-868.jpg
image-728.jpg
image-941.jpg
image-306.jpg
image-498.jpg
image-80.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I feel pretty good about it but it definitely needs some work, lol.

It has a couple of broke plastics, and there is currently no sound (a tech thread is sure to follow), and is dirty as crap but I'm pretty pumped

#3 9 years ago

image-80.jpgimage-80.jpg

image-498.jpgimage-498.jpg

image-306.jpgimage-306.jpg

image-941.jpgimage-941.jpg

image-728.jpgimage-728.jpg

image-868.jpgimage-868.jpg

image-142.jpgimage-142.jpg

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from KerryD:

Hard to go wrong at $300.00, congratz!

Thanks. I missed about three similar deals in the last month. I feel justified in my ridiculous Craigslist addiction now, lol.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Good route game...terrible home game.
It's fun for a while though. Don't put too much money into it if you plan to sell.

Yeah, I noticed it had bad reviews. I have a seven year old though and I believe it might be a hit with him.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

That beats my $800 Hurricane I got last spring. My sound also was not working, replaced the .70 cent crystal on the sound board and it started working. I like it, wife and kid like to play it.
Neat game once you figure out the shots for the big points. Your cab and art Id better than mine.
Been looking for a better doner cab so I can slap the new art on it.

I'm gonna go through and check the solder on all the pins and replace the caps. I'll get that crystal while I'm at it. Thanks for the tip.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

We love our Hurricane! Not really sure why people hate it soo much... it's fun and a cool theme(with creepy clowns)!

Yes. The clowns are super creepy. Lol.

#29 9 years ago

Well I have had some people make me some offers on this machine like it sits. I know I got it for a good price but what would be a fair price to sell it for??? Game is fully functional minus the sound.

Based on the pics above what is it worth?

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

The most recent sale I know of was $300.

I know right. Lol. I think I'm going to fix it up and keep it but someone was coming to buy another one of my machines and he wanted to buy the hurricane as well. He was offering $600 and I thought that was kind of low and I declined. I think he will up his offer when he gets here but I wanted to make sure it was worth more than that.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I think I'd be disappointed f I let a serviceable game pass through my hands and come out not fully working. From what I hear, it's not a good enough game to warrant buying again... so fix it, and play the crap out of it, as Donjagra said! Get your fill, and move it along.
If you can get it any closer to Ohio, I'd make a standing offer of $1000. Don't sell for $600; hold out for at least a grand. It's worth that in parts alone (and there's no sense in letting it get parted out.)

Thanks, I appreciate the advice on the value. I told my wife when I bought the game I thought it was worth around $1000 like it sat but after I got an offer of $600 I started to doubt my knowledge a little. I did not want to sell it anyways because I am planning on keeping it and fixing it all up this winter honestly.

However, if I ever do go to sell it I have no problem driving one closer to Ohio. I live in the middle of nowhere. I am accustomed to driving for pinball lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-a-300-hurricane?tu=jmountjoy111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.