image-142.jpg
image-868.jpg
image-728.jpg
image-941.jpg
image-306.jpg
image-498.jpg
image-80.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I feel pretty good about it but it definitely needs some work, lol.

It has a couple of broke plastics, and there is currently no sound (a tech thread is sure to follow), and is dirty as crap but I'm pretty pumped

#2 9 years ago

Hard to go wrong at $300.00, congratz!

#3 9 years ago

image-80.jpgimage-80.jpg

image-498.jpgimage-498.jpg

image-306.jpgimage-306.jpg

image-941.jpgimage-941.jpg

image-728.jpgimage-728.jpg

image-868.jpgimage-868.jpg

image-142.jpgimage-142.jpg

#4 9 years ago

Good route game...terrible home game.

It's fun for a while though. Don't put too much money into it if you plan to sell.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from KerryD:

Hard to go wrong at $300.00, congratz!

Thanks. I missed about three similar deals in the last month. I feel justified in my ridiculous Craigslist addiction now, lol.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Good route game...terrible home game.
It's fun for a while though. Don't put too much money into it if you plan to sell.

Yeah, I noticed it had bad reviews. I have a seven year old though and I believe it might be a hit with him.

#7 9 years ago

$300.00 bucks? Yea, no complaints. Not the greatest WPC but, still, $300.00 bucks. You win sir.

#8 9 years ago

This is actually a fun game, especially for kids, and you cannot go wrong for the price you paid. A Comet would look nice next to it.

#9 9 years ago

It's a fun game...for kids.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Yeah, I noticed it had bad reviews. I have a seven year old though and I believe it might be a hit with him.

Oh, yes, it should be excellent for him! The problem with the game is it forces you to shoot the same shot (either ramp) over and over. Very redundant. For a young player it should be plenty fun.

#11 9 years ago

That's in way better shape than my $450 hurricane. My display and controller were missing.

I think it's a fun game and I'm glad it wasn't expensive

#12 9 years ago

Looks pretty nice actually. I restored and sold one last year. Not a bad game at all. You actually have more color on the lower cabinet than most Hurricanes. You have the standard broken orange plastic in the center. I had to re-create mine.

#13 9 years ago

I think you now qualify for the Pinside Cheap Bastards Club!
Congrats!

#14 9 years ago

Great price, now get your child hooked!

#15 9 years ago

Like he said above, way above average cabinet. This was my first game, it's fun for a few months, people bad mouth it too much. Guests and non pinheads love it. Good luck with plastics, they are nearly impossible to find.

#16 9 years ago

That beats my $800 hurricane I got last spring. My sound also was not working, replaced the .70 cent crystal on the sound board and it started working. I like it, wife and kid like to play it.
Neat game once you figure out the shots for the big points. Your cab and art Id better than mine.
Been looking for a better doner cab so I can slap the new art on it.

#17 9 years ago

Man, that's a steal! Congrats!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

That beats my $800 Hurricane I got last spring. My sound also was not working, replaced the .70 cent crystal on the sound board and it started working. I like it, wife and kid like to play it.
Neat game once you figure out the shots for the big points. Your cab and art Id better than mine.
Been looking for a better doner cab so I can slap the new art on it.

I'm gonna go through and check the solder on all the pins and replace the caps. I'll get that crystal while I'm at it. Thanks for the tip.

#19 9 years ago

This thread inspired me to post about my cab artwork restoration that included a Hurricane.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/front-cab-art-reproduction-and-fade-fix#post-1996724

Maybe it can help a Hurricane owner add the color back to the front of the machine.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Oh, yes, it should be excellent for him! The problem with the game is it forces you to shoot the same shot (either ramp) over and over. Very redundant. For a young player it should be plenty fun.

See, this confuses me. People say comet and cyclone are good games, but it's basically the same deal.

Been watching a looooong time for a good deal on a Cyclone or Hurricane.... no go in the TX.

#21 9 years ago

That's what I always can't figure out, cyclone gets lots of love, hurricane none. Hurricane is just a dmd multiball version of cyclone really.
Saw planetary has new side for it now too.

#22 9 years ago

We love our Hurricane! Not really sure why people hate it soo much... it's fun and a cool theme(with creepy clowns)!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

We love our Hurricane! Not really sure why people hate it soo much... it's fun and a cool theme(with creepy clowns)!

Yes. The clowns are super creepy. Lol.

#24 9 years ago

super smoooooth ramps! and Clown Time! so whats a few creepy clowns?

#25 9 years ago

Nothing wrong with Hurricane. It's a super fun game and there are actually plenty of different ways to score.

And "repetitive" or not it's always a thrill to hit that center ramp 30 straight times for big points, especially when you've got a playfield X going.

#26 9 years ago

Hurricane is fun, but pretty shallow. My wife had a "you can't sell it" rule that was in effect for 5 or so years. She finally caved and I can't say I'd give up anything in my lineup to get it back.

Seriously, even though Cyclone is a single ball game (think about it, there's no multiball), it is the superior game. Most of it has to do with feeling more open, the spook house and side scoop are actually fun to hit unlike the center dunk the dummy stand up and..nothing. I always felt the game was just too cramped and shooting those ramps were the only break from that claustrophobic feeling b

It was fun and treated us well. I hope your Ferris wheel never gives you grief that can't be fixed by adjusting the tension on the belt. I was always afraid of that.

Enjoy it. Great price, fantastic score. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat for twice that (not that I know where I'd put it)

#27 9 years ago

Congrats on the pickup. I have been looking for a Hurricane to finish my Python Amusement Park set (I currently have a Comet & a Cyclone), but as previously said, it's pretty dry here in TX for Hurricanes.

ken

#28 9 years ago

congrats! can't beat any working dmd, let alone a williams!

The theme is great, and the shots are fun, but they are too easy. Combine that with some very unforgiving outlanes, it makes a weird combination of being a way too easy game that's hard? if that makes any sense, lol

#29 9 years ago

Well I have had some people make me some offers on this machine like it sits. I know I got it for a good price but what would be a fair price to sell it for??? Game is fully functional minus the sound.

Based on the pics above what is it worth?

#30 9 years ago

Comparable but faded examples have sold for $1200-1400 recently. I'd say somewhere in the range of $1000-1300 without working sound.

Back when I wasn't full up on games, I would've paid $1100ish if you were closer, probably. Maybe $1200, as you have a pretty nice cabinet.

#31 9 years ago

The most recent sale I know of was $300.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

The most recent sale I know of was $300.

I know right. Lol. I think I'm going to fix it up and keep it but someone was coming to buy another one of my machines and he wanted to buy the hurricane as well. He was offering $600 and I thought that was kind of low and I declined. I think he will up his offer when he gets here but I wanted to make sure it was worth more than that.

#33 9 years ago

You should fix it and play the crap out of it before you sell it. I doubt you will get another deal like that any time soon. Then cut someone else a deal at 1000.

#34 9 years ago

I think I'd be disappointed f I let a serviceable game pass through my hands and come out not fully working. From what I hear, it's not a good enough game to warrant buying again... so fix it, and play the crap out of it, as Donjagra said! Get your fill, and move it along.

If you can get it any closer to Ohio, I'd make a standing offer of $1000. Don't sell for $600; hold out for at least a grand. It's worth that in parts alone (and there's no sense in letting it get parted out.)

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I think I'd be disappointed f I let a serviceable game pass through my hands and come out not fully working. From what I hear, it's not a good enough game to warrant buying again... so fix it, and play the crap out of it, as Donjagra said! Get your fill, and move it along.
If you can get it any closer to Ohio, I'd make a standing offer of $1000. Don't sell for $600; hold out for at least a grand. It's worth that in parts alone (and there's no sense in letting it get parted out.)

Thanks, I appreciate the advice on the value. I told my wife when I bought the game I thought it was worth around $1000 like it sat but after I got an offer of $600 I started to doubt my knowledge a little. I did not want to sell it anyways because I am planning on keeping it and fixing it all up this winter honestly.

However, if I ever do go to sell it I have no problem driving one closer to Ohio. I live in the middle of nowhere. I am accustomed to driving for pinball lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-a-300-hurricane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.