Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Anthonyb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Machine was in shambles paid 100$ back glass and playfully are decent, after 4 hours I have the pinball machine playing well for the most part except ball count stepper is not resetting from 5, I have to open play field and rotate the fingers back to one which is s pain counts up no problem just does not want to go to zero from five. Game will end and restart with start button but will be stuck on five, I do not know if it is lever not lubed properly because I think it wouldn't count up if that was the case, SOMEONE please help. Last time I work on a pinball machine was thirtern years ago when I was thirteen and found a bally four queens in the woods wrapped in a tarp at my neighbors house he said " if you can move it you can have it " my skills are rusty at best! No schematics:(thanks in advance

#2 8 years ago

Hi Anthonyb
I have never seen the inside of a Chicago Coin Pin. You do not have a schema - we might have to look at the schema of "Skyrider" http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2201 .
Maybe the "Problem on Ball Count Unit" is mechanical, lets have a look at the Manual of "Jukebox": http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1324 -> Parts Manual: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1324/Jukebox.pdf -> page-25.

The "Ball Count Unit" is a "Total-Reset Stepper". There is (hard) work to do when stepping up - Coil (26) moves plunger (28) - against the pulling force of "Spring (3). The Coil let go and "SPRING (3) does the WORK, the step-up.
When the Unit shall (be) reset: The Reset-coil (11) pulls and move an arm to un-latch so the reel (25) "whoaaaamm" the reel is turned counterclockwise (down to 0/1). This work is done by the SPRING mounted on the axis. In the picture: Arrow-34 points to "End-of-Spring hooked-on".
You might detach the spring there and twist the "End of spring" a full circle around (counterclockwise, tighten) and mount the "End of spring" at the same place.

I SUGGEST - FIRST try: Manually step up 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5. Then imitate "Reset-Coil starts pulling" - You Yourself move plunger (8) -> Question: "AAA" the Unit does reset ("whoaaaamm"), "BBB" the Unit does not reset.

If the answer is "BBB": You can try "Tighten the spring (34) and / or cleaning.
If the answer is "AAA": We have to look for "Why does the Reset-Coil not fire". Greetings Rolf

#3 8 years ago

What you just said to me makes very little sense at this current moment as I just woke up, but in approx. Three hours I will have studied this. I and will have mastered Rolf's directions. I will be in my shop until 5:30 pm after that will go home and get to the machine and give all of this a shot, I really appreciate you replying promptly thank you! - Anthony

#4 8 years ago

What do you mean by “rotate the fingers back”? I wouldn’t think you could not be able to do that, without manually firing the reset coil.
Can you post a picture of both sides please.

#5 8 years ago

I have spare parts for this game. I parted one out. Let me know what you need.

#6 8 years ago

Galaxian,
You wouldn't have the back box metal door by any chance? I have a Juke Box missing this. I assume they would be the same size?

#7 8 years ago

Like the new Avatar Rolf!!

1 week later
#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Catch86:

Galaxian,
You wouldn't have the back box metal door by any chance? I have a Juke Box missing this. I assume they would be the same size?

Nope that sold already.

8 months later
#9 7 years ago

This problem was solved, IT turned out to be a loose spring on the ball count, thanks for all the help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-1973-riviera-chicago-coin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.