Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by boilerman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I spend last Sunday visiting the workshops of an EM restoration expert in south London who's got some real beauties. The guy is passionate about '50s, '60s and '70s pinball machines and it really shows in his work.

You can see some pictures of the pins in his workshop at http://pavlovpinball.com/em-dawn-the-rebirth-of-cool/

#2 9 years ago

that star jet is my most wanted game ever.

#3 9 years ago

It is absolutely beautiful. Amazing colours...

#4 9 years ago

the made quite a few star jets but in 15 yrs of collecting I never seen one for sale?

#5 9 years ago

He's a good guy. That Lucky Hand came from me - nice to see it again!

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

He's a good guy. That Lucky Hand came from me - nice to see it again!

Gia *is* a good guy!! I sold him a nice Magic City a few years ago. His shippers never showed up the day scheduled (I had to babysit the game sitting crated on a pallet). When the game finally arrived in England, he was very happy and sent me an extra 'tip' in cash, to make up for my inconvenience! I'm glad he has found someone 'across the pond' who obviously shares his passion and high standards!

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

that star jet is my most wanted game ever.

There was one for sale at the Houston Expo last year. I should have gotten it but alas did not

Maybe it will make a repeat appearance

--Jeff

#8 9 years ago

He does a great job on these machines.

#9 9 years ago

Never played a Star Jet, but the artwork is awesome. So reminiscent of the Jetson's which was a favorite show of mine back in the day. Hope to get to see one 'live' some day.

#10 9 years ago

They (http://www.pinballcreative.co.uk/) do appear to do nice work - though I don't think I'd prefer souped up DC bumpers on 60's games.

It's good to live in the USA where these games are much more obtainable!

- Tim

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

souped up DC bumpers on 60's games

Agreed, seems a bit much. If I want more snap, I'll high tap the game. Just one solder connection, no extra hardware/wiring. Ironically, the Magic City I sold Giacomo, was hacked up with bridge rectifier and sloppy solder/wiring. I reversed all that, rebuilt the pops and it played great!

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

There was one for sale at the Houston Expo last year. I should have gotten it but alas did not
    Maybe it will make a repeat appearance
    --Jeff

I had my Star Jet at Expo in 2012, and it got a lot of abuse. Peeved me when I saw some guys lifting the front, trying to shake the captured ball loose, so I unplugged it. I don't think I will be taking that one back, but you are welcome to come play it any time you find yourself in Liberty County.

A couple showed up on Ebay shortly after I bought mine, but I have not seen any since.

Edit - looked at the photos of his Star Jet. You will be disappointed in my faded scuffed up old girl.

#13 9 years ago

PMcGee, ill take you up on that offer!
    im already excited for this year's show.

--Jeff

#14 9 years ago

Star jet was the first pin i ever remember playing. it was on location for a year then was replaced
    been looking for one ever since i started collecting.
    i would take one in less than fair condition. hell i would take one in any condition at this point

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-been-to-see-some-beautifully-restored-rare-gottliebs-ballys-gencos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.