Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stern_Quality_LOL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n2kenai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Just got home and looked through some of my pictures.
    Had to share this one right away.

Stern_Quality_LOL.jpgStern_Quality_LOL.jpg

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

He left out a few details. That is one of the Marco games that got hammered nonstop all weekend. That LED was in it's place and working fine all day Saturday, including when it was used in a tournament that had 90+ players Saturday night. I know because I set up the games and officiated the tournament. Late Sunday, I played the game and noticed the LED was missing. Based on that and the pic above, I'm guessing the LED popped out while he was playing and after taking the pic, he didn't tell the Marco guys about it. The LED probably drained down the middle and dropped into the coin box, so he could keep playing. If that's the case, thanks for nothing. The rest of us had no idea when the snake was lit.

Please don't assume.
    That is the problem with these forums.

The green LED came out of the snake hole, which by the way wasn't working because it wasn't allowing the ball to sit correctly. When it came to rest at the flipper, we hoped the LED would fall into the cabinet and it would be fine. Instead, it fell into the ball trough which led to the balls not being able to be counted. The game became stuck in a Tilt.

I did notify the guys at Marcos. I did lead them to the problem and it took them a few minutes to fish the bulb out. They threw the bulb into the cash box so we could continue our game. There's your facts.

BTW MET is awesome. I was surprised I was going to like it.
    I am not a fan of the band, but what a fun game!
    This has a great deal to do with the toys and nice shots.
    It's way better than ACDC IMHO.

I think its funny that guys love to blast other's and jump into defend mode here.
    Which is why I posted the picture.
    It's all very entertaining to me.
    They say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Enjoy.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Any comments or recap on the show as a whole?

Pics and my show review coming soon.
    Oh lordy.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

After CaEx a bunch of us were super jazzed and couldn't stop talking about what a great time we had, whereas this OP chose to rush to his computer to post a pic of a light bulb that fell out. Different takeaways! I think that's the meat if what Phish was saying, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It takes all types!

I would suspect that if you paid for a LE that was just removed from the box, that it would work right for a long while. That bulb caused the game to malfunction and eventually caused it not recover from a Tilt. In a location, that means downtime, which means money lost. It could also mean a customer could be slamming the hell out of your machine to see if they can fix it that way. I personally think the games are pricey and should be designed to last. We shouldn't have to stick the bulbs with super glue to insure they stay in place. That is the problem with pinball. The notion that if it isn't broken, it isn't pinball is wrong. It should be built to last. I am pretty sure the quality issue is pretty important to most people. The photo was a highlight for me, because I found it interesting, that it actually happened while I was playing it. I had a great time with my friends too. And posting the pic the day after the con is hardly rushing. That was a bit of an exaggeration.

#22 10 years ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n2kenai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-back-from-ca-ex?tu=n2kenai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.