7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Squizz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I have now owned my tf since December. I have well over 800 plays, maybe more as I haven’t looked in a while and I am still not bored one bit. In fact, I think I play tf more than my other pins (although they too get a good workout). This pin is a fast, fun and engaging game. It has everything most always talk about in a pin. TF was my first nib and also my first ever owned game. As I am a bit older (59..young at heart, mind)..I don’t plan on ever selling it…as it will most likely be inherited by my kids. I don’t understand the negativity that this pin has gotten. It looks like just a few vocal people who really do not like the game, may have influenced so many others that have not spent any appreciable time on it. I totally respect the opinions of those that have voiced their criticism, but to me, its just not warranted as being such a dud. Owning it I tried not to be subjective…. I have not officially rated this pin, but when I did for myself, I came out with a solid 8.9. I made an effort to play most of the top ten pinside ranked pins, and while tf does not warrant a ranking in the top ten..I have played many of the next ten and some over ranked 30,40…and this pin is just better in so many ways. Yes, its got its software faults. If they only tweaked it a bit more , this would be a great pin…again, fast and fun. I have had some great games and some clunkers..most of them actually. My high score was 140k (factory but 5 ball)..and when you have a game going like that, it’s a blast. Isn’t this the type of game that so many are looking for in a pin? Its not stop and go which has its merits….its got the infamous roadblock…its code could and should be completed…but the negativity continues to amaze me. I don’t have an ax to grind, not looking to have the price pumped up as I will not sell it...just expressing an objective opinion of this game.
    Btw..as I am into qc…I have to say, all I have had to do with this game is replace 2 bulbs..everything works like the day I played my first game…flippers still strong, pf looks brand new, no wear at all, to me its like a tank, etc …I’m a happy owner of tf.

#2 7 years ago

I bought one recently despite some of those same things I read. I bought one because I played it and loved it. I am not one bit dissapointed and its certainly my daughters favorite game.

#3 7 years ago

Don't worry all of the TF haters will rush to this tread an bash TF. They will not be happy until they shit on every thread about TF.

#4 7 years ago

I just dont get that. there are several games I just dont like. But I dont find every thread about them and crap on folks parade. Its very weird.

#5 7 years ago

yes it is weird...way too much negativism for just this pin...strange

#6 7 years ago

A lot of the Transformers bashing comes from people who were buying on the premise that a lot of new things were being offered and marketed in the game, that simply did not make it to the final product.

If you bought Transformers simply on the merit that it is a fun game to play with a lot to shoot for, then you are probably quite happy with the machine. I really enjoy playing one and would love to have one, but could never stomach paying 5k plus for an LE.

#7 7 years ago

I brought a Decepticon home two nights ago based on loving it so much when I played it at Eskaybee's house. Really enjoying the crap out of it so far. Amazing soundtrack.

Not sure I understand all the negativity about it either...at least not yet. But it sure helped me get a good deal!

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

A lot of the Transformers bashing comes from people who were buying on the premise that a lot of new things were being offered and marketed in the game, that simply did not make it to the final product.

Nailed it. Also the stubbornness of not fixing the code to make it more fun was the final slap in the face after the broken promises.

Also keep in mind some of us were hardcore Transformers fans in our childhood...Transformers *MEANS SOMETHING* to us. To make Optimus Prime a bash toy is practically blasphemy...to not have Peter Cullen do custom voices was a crushing blow....to not have transforming or moving robots on the playfield was baffling.

#9 7 years ago

I really enjoy the theme, the cabinet art, and the game as a whole. I think sometimes people on this site and others get to caught up in the " rules " portion of pinball and forget the fun factor. I'm going to add a TF to my collection down the road and I as well don't see why there is so much negative pub on the game.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Don't worry all of the TF haters will rush to this tread an bash TF. They will not be happy until they shit on every thread about TF.

Yep. And it's the same two people every time. They make their living finding TF threads and shitting on them. I believe they just have sellers remorse . I

t's becoming apparent that more and more lovers of TF are coming out of the closet and standing up! Kudos to the OP for coming out of the woodwork and mustarding up the courage to post this. I too have had my TF since December and still play it religiously; it's fast fun and in your face. Love it. And to quote the OP, TF does feel like a tank.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yep. And it's the same two people every time. They make their living finding TF threads and shitting on them. I believe they just have sellers remorse

We've become arch enemies, eh SKB? When I critique, you show up to save the day and put me in my place! LOL

My only remorse is that I didn't get to design the game myself. It would have had transforming robots and I would have camped out on Peter Cullen's lawn until he agreed to do voices for the game.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Kudos to the OP for coming out of the woodwork and mustarding up the courage to post this.

LOL..."courage" ...oh, the poor oppressed TF owners who need a hero to save them from the mean ol' critical ex-owners. C'mon...

Quoted from Eskaybee:

And to quote the OP, TF does feel like a tank.

Have you played the Pro? It feels like a piece of cardboard.

#12 7 years ago

I really want to get the pro version, played it without knowing the rules, but I really had a blast. I'm also waiting for my X-men Magneto hopefully by next week.

IM, TF and X-men LE gonna look sweet next each other !!

#13 7 years ago

cmon RH..."feels like a piece of cardboard..you cant be serious. Thats not a good representation/reality of this machine. Look, you got a lot more pb's then me..wow, great collection...and you can compare first hand, but i have played many of those now...tf feels very solid in comparison. You dont like the game, ok...but think your crisitisms are extreme.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

We've become arch enemies, eh SKB? When I critique, you show up to save the day and put me in my place! LOL

Haha. Arch enemies like the movie step brothers. RobT and I laugh at the pop shots we take at each other. Honest truth is Im pretty light hearted, so don't take most my posts too seriously. It's hard to tell if someone is joking on the Internet. But A lot of my posts are in good fun. I think you see that though so were all good

Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL..."courage" ...oh, the poor oppressed TF owners who need a hero to save them from the mean ol' critical ex-owners. C'mon... .

Again, just playing around using some over the top choice of words

Quoted from Rarehero:

Have you played the Pro? It feels like a piece of cardboard.

Nope haven't seen a pro in person yet.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

cmon RH..."feels like a piece of cardboard..you cant be serious. Thats not a good representation/reality of this machine. Look, you got a lot more pb's then me..wow, great collection...and you can compare first hand, but i have played many of those now...tf feels very solid in comparison. You dont like the game, ok...but think your crisitisms are extreme.

Well, lets put it this way. After having the LE and already not having the best opinion of the gameplay - the Pro just looks and feels SOOOOOO stripped down and static and lifeless...and this is coming from a guy who likes Ironman and Avatar! At least Ironman has the kickback, Whiplash magnet and Iron Monger reveal/magnet. Avatar has the cool captive lock, the moving 3-bank target, the AMP magnet, and the moving AMP suit robot. What does TF Pro have? Optimus ramp....and....Megatron trough...and...nothing.

Anyway - even though SKB thinks I'm being paid by the Anti-TF Mafia...I really didn't want to come in here with my laundry list of complaints, as they are well documented...but Vyzer, you said you didn't understand why this pin has received the negativity it's gotten - so, I assume you haven't followed the other threads...I just wanted to give the short and simple answer back in my first post up there. Broken promises, broken code, uninspired use of a great license. That's all. If you enjoy it...don't let my opinion stop you!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Haha. Arch enemies like the movie step brothers. RobT and I laugh at the pop shots we take at each other. Honest truth is Im pretty light hearted, so don't take most my posts too seriously. It's hard to tell if someone is joking on the Internet. But A lot of my posts are in good fun. I think you see that though so were all good

Yeah dude, I know we're just F'n around. Some people on Pinside are super duper sensitive...but I think we get each other's vibe...it's only pinball!

#17 7 years ago

I've played TF a bunch and I found it to be very uninspiring and repetitive. And I think it's pretty weird for Greg to pick one up and then get rid of it. My experience jives with his. I don't think the game is worth the money and like many Stern games, it seems unfinished. However, it is still kind of a cool game, but I think of the recent Stern titles, AC/DC is much better.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I've played TF a bunch and I found it to be very uninspiring and repetitive. And I think it's pretty weird for Greg to pick one up and then get rid of it. My experience jives with his. I don't think the game is worth the money and like many Stern games, it seems unfinished.

How does it seem unfinished? It's perfectly fine to dislike it. But it's quite finished and feels as such.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

How does it seem unfinished? It's perfectly fine to dislike it. But it's quite finished and feels as such.

When people say that the code in TF isn't "finished" they are just saying it wasn't done the way they wanted it to be done.

#20 7 years ago

As I have stated in numerous replies in the past, TF-LE is a great fast difficult pin, but oh so much
    fun if you want a "shooter's" pin. Shots must be accurate and you have to be a damn good player
    to complete those timed modes...This pin frustrates novice players...Don't believe all the neg. press on this title....It is easily one of the top 20 pins that I have played and I have played them all.

p

#21 7 years ago

Thinking about grabbing a combo le myself. I sold Autobots too soon.

#22 7 years ago

I have played it several more times and stand buy my rating. I however have not played the LE addition...maybe it's better...it couldn't be worse??

1 month later
    #23 7 years ago

I still have my combo, I do want to punch it, kick it at times when I miss the last shot to complete a mode etc. But still makes me push the start button again.
    Removed the Ironhide gate as documented in other posts by Eskaybee,
    adjusted the mini playfield points to 1st 15k and second to 27K with second award set to extra ball.
    Makes the game a lot more fun.
    Still have the out lanes wide open (thinking on changing them to middle) as I am really finding it hard to crack 70million, can get to 68 million tho
    3 ball setting with pitch set to around 6.8 6.9....
    I have never gotten to mini wizard or wizard before
    so do hope an update code will make me feel better in this way.

Has been solid since I have had this from NIB, only had to replace 1 - 906 bulb under left slingshot flasher.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 214.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 142.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9.95
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 64.95
    $ 27.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside